Abramovich taking over Parma??

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well the latest roumor says that russian bilionare after Chelsea want's to take Parma :eek: . here it goes from soccerage.com:

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich might be adding a new team to his collection as he is trying to take over crisis-hit Parma.

Chelsea's patron has apparently already had talks of a possible take over with Parma over a month ago, that is before the Italian club's problems started. Thanks to the recent events, Abramovich might ease his way to the top of the Emilia club instead of the Tanzi family.

well if this actually happen's i must say that Parma will be a very very tough side's to play agains't and maybe one of the scudetto conteder's :eek: and serie will surely be more interesting than it is now.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
let him do his thing Abramowitsch is a crazy, rich, powerful man who already owns the EPL team Chelsea FC, if i got a new team like Parma, he would sell players from Parma to Chelsea or reverse, and if both Teams are in CL final he is the winner anyway ;) :D
he worked hard for his money and now its time to spend it :)
lets wait and see what happened with Parma in few days, who will take over or which players are going to leave, can they finish this season???

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Honestly I hope that he does take over En Sha Allah because it's totally not pleasant to see such a good team going down due to this crisis :o
It's really sad :head:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes..Parma definitely are an excellent team..though if Roman does have his way..and takes Parma over..then it is unlikely they will sell any of their players..and perhaps splurge much more on acquiring other gifted players that may coincide with our transfer plans..having Parma take over the richest Serie A club spot is not good for Milan..and what's more..we won't have any say in buying their players..like Bonera..if Abramovich takes over...

I'd rather not..Tanzi knew what he was in for..and if anything..he should let the Parma town council decide or something..not ruin Italian football by selling Parma to an overwealthy Russian billionaire...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First, it could be argued if Abramovich has worked hard for the money.. in fact he has conveniently taken what once was state-owned...

Second, Putin is after him I've heard, so maybe one day he'll find himself in a Russian prison sharing a cell with Khodorkovsky, better not count on these billions long-term...

Third, if he gets his hands on Parma he'll most likely turn it into a feeder club for Chelsea + we'll see the big exodus of Italian talent...

Fourth, I hope Parma will survive, as an Italian club run by Italians.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
Third, if he gets his hands on Parma he'll most likely turn it into a feeder club for Chelsea + we'll see the big exodus of Italian talent...

Fourth, I hope Parma will survive, as an Italian club run by Italians.

This is exactly what I was fearing. Parma has worked hard in getting to where they currently are. This team has only been a Serie A side for a little over a decade and in that time they have captured a few UEFA cups and challenged for the Scudetto on a few occasions. To see them be a farm club for the London side would be a travesty.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Kyara said:
Honestly I hope that he does take over En Sha Allah because it's totally not pleasant to see such a good team going down due to this crisis :o
I agree!!Plus the competition is going to be good!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
Kyara said:

Don't tell me that you really want to see the best young Parma players regularly shipped to the EPL - it would *maybe* provide a lifeline for Parma but at the cost of losing a lot of talent + quality along with it. It would kick down Italian football to 3rd world level as a cheap supplier of talent. I can't see how such a development would be desirable. :rolleyes:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Passion for *9* said:
Edi said:
Kyara said:

Don't tell me that you really want to see the best young Parma players regularly shipped to the EPL - it would *maybe* provide a lifeline for Parma but at the cost of losing a lot of talent + quality along with it. It would kick down Italian football to 3rd world level as a cheap supplier of talent. I can't see how such a development would be desirable. :rolleyes:

Why do you think that just Parma players will be going to Chelsea?Don't you think that players from Chelsea will be going to Parma?And I bet he will make Parma more competitve .

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
Why do you think that just Parma players will be going to Chelsea?Don't you think that players from Chelsea will be going to Parma?And I bet he will make Parma more competitve .

*Maybe* Chelsea players will go to Parma, namely those who're not up to it anymore + hard to sell (not that there are many of them). Even Abramovich's ressources are not unlimited + he can't + won't invest in Parma the same utopic amount he has invested in Chelsea. Trust me, Parma would become Chelsea's farm club.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
maybe abramovich just feel's sorry to sack claudio ranieri so he want's to buy parma and send ranieri back to his club :D

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Hmmm..This is a hard one...
Maybe it would be good for Parma, maybe not for Parma and for Italian football..Who knows?

If Abramovich takes over Parma I doubt that he'll invest as much money like he did invest in Chelsea, but he surely would turn them into a more competive side, at least Parma dont have to sell theire best players if a rich guy like Roman takes over...

It would be sad to see Parma go down like Fiorentina, rather turn Parma into a feeder club for Chelsea then to see Parma go down to Serie C..

I hope Abramovich takes over at Parma and brings in some fresh funds..

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abramowitsch should take his hands off from AC Parma, if he buy Parma then he would invest big money in the club to make the club ready for european soccer so thats bad for Milan, also add new players to Parma Abramowitsch surely would looking for a few international stars and some italian talents, so i think he could handle the teams situtation, now everybody knows this powerful man and fears his money or like it,
didnt he got rich with oil businesses??? if he wants to take over another club he should look in EPL and Leeds United
Its really sad that most of the italian clubs make more losses than profit, money should be in better control of team managemnt office, handle it like real businessmen!!!
but why is Putin chasing Abramowitsch or wants to send him in prison, what kind of crime???
Even its still a rumour that Abramowitsch wants to buy Parma or invest money in the club, i hope not, but he really could help AC Parma to recover from those hard times

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting thing is..Roman had eyes on Cagliari..just so he could transfer Zola back to the Bridge...

So there is no knowing whether he will take over Parma..considering how they've got many talented youngsters..there is certainly that possibility of a takeover...

But personally..i hope that never happens...

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:

I think as long as those players come back to Italy, like Rino for example, they'll come back with quite a good experience of playing outside their countries in such a young age ... Still we won't guarantee that they WILL actually come back, but if there aren't any Italians who can save Parma at the moment then we have no choice but to go for Abramovich!!
Look at it from another side, he won't only ship the players to EPL but will also get some big names to Serie A which is a needed thing in my opinion so that people stop their "super stars Real Madrid mania"!
Everything has it's pros and cons my friend, but if it's the only choice then we don't really have a choice!

:)

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Good for them :D . I don't want to see another Fiorentina. If he really buys it, then there will be 1 more very competitive team in the league. I would like to see that. More stars in serie a is better than more stars in Real Madrid or Chelsea.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I agree with both Cescania and Kyara...
Nice posts! :cool:

I personally dont believe that he'll take over Parma as well..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What makes you so sure he would invest *big money* ? At best he'd pay off some debt + park some not-so-useful players from Chelsea + drain the Parma talent... He's not just someone looking for a new hobby, he is a business man too. With the EPL being *the* trendy league today that every young + not so young player seems keen to join, it is a bit naive to think that just because he has money to burn he would waste it on bringing *stars* to what is perceived outside Italy as *boring Serie A*...

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
What makes you so sure he would invest *big money* At best he'd pay off some debt + park some not-so-useful players from Chelsea + drain the Parma talent... He's not just someone looking for a new hobby, he is a business man too.?

What makes YOU so sure he would "pay off some debt + park some not-so-useful players from Chelsea + drain the Parma talent..."?
I don't think that he's some guardian angel who only wants to save Parma from their misery! Yes he's a business man which is why he must have some good ideas and investments to make and money to earn from this new adventure of his!
If, as you imagine, he kept draining Parma's talents and not bringing in other players to cover, don't you think that will affect the ticket sales, team's performance and therefore the revenue of the club?! Now that won't be as good for his "business", will it?
Managing a team is not just a game, there needs to be a balance of "give and take"!

Passion for *9* said:
With the EPL being *the* trendy league today that every young + not so young player seems keen to join, it is a bit naive to think that just because he has money to burn he would waste it on bringing *stars* to what is perceived outside Italy as *boring Serie A*...

Some people might imagine for any "unknown reasons" that Serie A is boring and all that rubbish, but now that the Russian has shown interest in Parma, he apparently does not agree with them! Otherwise, why will you invest in something that you think is boring and unworthy?! Especailly that Serie A, with the tough financial conditions, is not the best place to invest, is it?! If that tell us something, then it tells us that he's not just after the money ... He can actually make a difference, or at least that's what I think!
With all respect!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
but why is Putin chasing Abramowitsch or wants to send him in prison, what kind of crime??

Tax evasion I think.

According to an article I've read in the Guardian there's also an investigation of the circumstances of the sale of the state oil company Sibneft in the mid-90s. It is alleged that the auction of shares in the then state-owned company Sibneft was a 'fake auction' + a 'premeditated agreement' existed with the winner + that $137.1 million of state funds were put into a bank and used to pay for the shares won by a company effectively owned by Abramovich.

Partly quoted from: http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,2763,1076055,00.html

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes.. if he buy parma.. we'll see a very competitive team in serie-a...

But... how he managed if he has two big clubs??

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thus far it is all speculation no? Chelsea have just lost their 3rd EPL match in 5..a poor poor record for a squad of their size..and their talents..Roman is going to edge closer to another spending spree..and i guess that will take his mind of Parma for now...

Schedule