AC Milan doctor in court over indecent exposure

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
LONDON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - A doctor attached to Italian Serie A soccer club AC Milan appeared before a British court on Thursday after being charged with indecent exposure ahead of the team's Champions League match against Manchester United.

Armando Gozzini, 44, was arrested on Tuesday night after officers from Greater Manchester Police were told a man had indecently exposed himself to a female employee at a hotel in Salford, northern England.

"Armando Gozzini has today been charged with indecent exposure following an incident at the Salford hotel," a police spokeswoman said. He was appearing before Salford magistrates court for a first hearing on Thursday.

In a statement released at Old Trafford shortly before the match kick-off, AC Milan expressed its "full confidence" in Gozzini. "Doctor Gozzini is a man of the highest professional and moral standing," said the club. "AC Milan believe it is inconceivable that he could have been involved in the action for which he has been charged. "The club hopes to see a swift and satisfactory conclusion to this matter."

What the hell is this all about? Does anybody know?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Hopefully law enforcement officials will unearth that this was a misunderstanding, at least I hope it was. I know it occured while Gozzini was getting a massage of some sort at the hotel. Thats about all the story indicated that I read. I am sure Alberto can shed much more light when he sees this thread.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he accidentally dropped the towel :D

But I'm more inclined to believe it was part of the psychological pre-match warfare. Liverpool were less imaginative + contented themselves with sending all of Leverkusen's luggage right back to Germany.... :o

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
LOL :D :D
Well, seriously I hope it was all a misunderstanding, poor guy! I have many theories, but I think he was just a bit needy.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ads216 said:
BTW is this the Dr.Evil looking guy who was on the sidelines last year?
There was a pic on yahoo.it but they took it down... He's bald, not quite the egghead like Galliani though. The team doc who is normally on the sidelines, yea.....

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
So it wasn't just United's defence who were badly exposed in Manchester.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cagney said:
So it wasn't just United's defence who were badly exposed in Manchester.
:D

Manchester, home of The Human Dunce Cap, Wayne Rooney. :head:

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Sound to me like a typical case of one persons word against anothers!Guilt has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt-whether he is guilty or not is very hard to prove so I think the case will be thrown out.BTW is he still the club doctor?

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
To be honest, anyone who has been in Manchester for a night out will see such things happening all over the place without punishment. Why this case has to be made into such a big deal is a mystery to me.

I'm just thankful it wasn't Galliani or Racalbutto who went streaking, then we really would be embaressed :tongue:

Schedule