Official: AC Milan Primavera And Other Youth Teams

Reaction score
Think people are severely overrating our youth.

Generally, very good prospects start playing Seria A football by 19/20 e.g. De Sciglio/El Sharaawy.

Potential world class players are introduced even earlier e.g. Maldini.

The fact guys like Innocenti, Calvano, Hottor etc aren't regulars in Serie B speaks volumes. If they were good enough they'd be playing for Milan already. Same goes for Valoti/Carmona.

Of all our youth, probably only Cristante + Mastour have potential to be very good.

The rest will end up future Antonini's, Ambrosini's, Borriello's at best.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
The rest will end up future Antonini's, Ambrosini's, Borriello's at best.

How to mix Antonini et Borriello who are overvalued with Ambro who is an institution by himself ?

I quite agree with your post but I am surprised that you are also on the level of Amstour while you just marked our youth are too overrated. He's only 14 years old, there are dozens of players his age who seem destined for a great future, but few actually do.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they end up like Ambrosini I'm very happy

Reaction score
How to mix Antonini et Borriello who are overvalued with Ambro who is an institution by himself ?

I quite agree with your post but I am surprised that you are also on the level of Amstour while you just marked our youth are too overrated. He's only 14 years old, there are dozens of players his age who seem destined for a great future, but few actually do.

Ambrosini's a decent player but no world beater.

Maybe one or two can reach his level i.e. good but not great.

I never said I was completely sold on Mastour. I said he probably had more potential than others.

It's rare to see a player his age with those skills/intelligence/confidence.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ambrosini's a decent player but no world beater.

Maybe one or two can reach his level i.e. good but not great.

I never said I was completely sold on Mastour. I said he probably had more potential than others.

It's rare to see a player his age with those skills/intelligence/confidence.

Is it really enough to judge players from highlights? I assume you watched Mastour from highlights.

As we all know, many football highlights only showed things that people do want to watch, like dribbling, goals, etc not mistakes done by the players.

So, you also overrate Mastour.

For now, they all are potential players. And for most of us, we only watched highlights and some streaming from youth games and that is not enough to judge players' ability, potential level etc.

Give them time, give them games to improve their play.

Reaction score
Is it really enough to judge players from highlights? I assume you watched Mastour from highlights.

As we all know, many football highlights only showed things that people do want to watch, like dribbling, goals, etc not mistakes done by the players.

So, you also overrate Mastour.

For now, they all are potential players. And for most of us, we only watched highlights and some streaming from youth games and that is not enough to judge players' ability, potential level etc.

Give them time, give them games to improve their play.

I repeat I haven't overrated Mastour. I said he probably had more potential than others.

This isn't just based on YouTube videos. Takes into account his world record fee. Plus interest from many top clubs.

Of course he could turn into the new Fossati.

I disagree with your second point. Yes we've only seen videos but Milan coaching staff are with them 24/7.

Clearly they've promoted the most talented prospects e.g. De Sciglio/El Sharaawy.

The rest have been sent to Serie B. Where they struggle to get games.

Reaction score
Not coming any videos from Mastour's agent. Seems like he is not doing interesting things in the games. :/

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ impatient much? lol

you do know its gonna take 3-4 years before we seem play for the first team yeah?

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong sending young players to Serie B.The brightest Italian prospect right now like El Shaarawy,Verrati,Perin,Florenzi etc all had gaining experience in Serie B..

Our youngster like Fossati,Ghiringelli and Ely also did get regular play time there.The problem is sometimes the Serie A club just loan their players to in Serie B clubs and expect

them(Serie B clubs) to play their youngster.When they play well,they just take them back without paying a pennies..Serie B club is no fool,they also got to take care of their

finances so the ideal way is to give them the co-ownership deal,if the players did well,Serie A clubs can always buy them back...

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong sending young players to Serie B.The brightest Italian prospect right now like El Shaarawy,Verrati,Perin,Florenzi etc all had gaining experience in Serie B..

Our youngster like Fossati,Ghiringelli and Ely also did get regular play time there.The problem is sometimes the Serie A club just loan their players to in Serie B clubs and expect

them(Serie B clubs) to play their youngster.When they play well,they just take them back without paying a pennies..Serie B club is no fool,they also got to take care of their

finances so the ideal way is to give them the co-ownership deal,if the players did well,Serie A clubs can always buy them back...

Not strictly true. Verrati wasn't sent to Serie B. He was brought up through the Pescara youth system whilst it was a Serie B club.

Also, El Sharaawy made his Serie A debut at 16 before being sent to Serie B.

Most people overrate our youth. If they had serious talent, they'd be showing it in Serie A now e.g. De Sciglio/El Sharaawy/Pogba.

Reaction score
^ impatient much? lol

you do know its gonna take 3-4 years before we seem play for the first team yeah?

Lol, I meant like he uploaded video of him when he played against albinoleffe because he played phenomenal. He's played loads of matches after that but theres no videos of him:)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Lol, I meant like he uploaded video of him when he played against albinoleffe because he played phenomenal. He's played loads of matches after that but theres no videos of him:)
First of all, he's the agent of several players and not only Hachim & thus can't put his concentration on just Hachim. Second, he hasn't played tons of matches after that.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
First of all, he's the agent of several players and not only Hachim & thus can't put his concentration on just Hachim. Second, he hasn't played tons of matches after that.
Yes charbel. Hachim played very little from albinoleffe game. Only about 15 minute with allive of inzaghi:thumbsup:

Reaction score

Yes. but what i mean is that he has played more than 5 matches since

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not strictly true. Verrati wasn't sent to Serie B. He was brought up through the Pescara youth system whilst it was a Serie B club.

Also, El Sharaawy made his Serie A debut at 16 before being sent to Serie B.

Most people overrate our youth. If they had serious talent, they'd be showing it in Serie A now e.g. De Sciglio/El Sharaawy/Pogba.

Yes,you are right about Verrati,but it's still showed you that Serie B is a good place to nurture youth.Fossati and El Shaarawy are equally both talented at the age of 17

(I will say Fossati were better judging from his performance in WC U 19 where he play every minute for Italy while El Shaarawy only played sparingly) but Genoa was doing the

right thing sending him to Serie B while Fossati is staying at Primavera a year too long and now look at both of them now..Now,we had similar talent that is Cristante and for

what I saw him in pre season,he's definitely a legit talent.Hopefully our management will integrate him to senior squad in the second half of season.If Milan still think he's not

ready,better send him to Serie B next season than let him stay at Primavera a year too long and risking him having a same fate like Fossati...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes,you are right about Verrati,but it's still showed you that Serie B is a good place to nurture youth.Fossati and El Shaarawy are equally both talented at the age of 17

(I will say Fossati were better judging from his performance in WC U 19 where he play every minute for Italy while El Shaarawy only played sparingly) but Genoa was doing the

right thing sending him to Serie B while Fossati is staying at Primavera a year too long and now look at both of them now..Now,we had similar talent that is Cristante and for

what I saw him in pre season,he's definitely a legit talent.Hopefully our management will integrate him to senior squad in the second half of season.If Milan still think he's not

ready,better send him to Serie B next season than let him stay at Primavera a year too long and risking him having a same fate like Fossati...

There's nothing wrong with getting Serie B experience.

But history shows real talents are fast tracked to the first team.

Not sure why Fossati was kept back a year. But getting farmed out to Serie C wasn't promising.

I agree on Cristante. Was impressed by him in Trofeo TIM. He's already miles ahead of most our midfielders.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Pippo's Allievi Nazionali beat Cesena 4-0. Vido scored a brace; where as, Anelli and Calabria scored a goal each. Mastour came on in the second half.

Reaction score
Pippo's Allievi Nazionali beat Cesena 4-0. Vido scored a brace; where as, Anelli and Calabria scored a goal each. Mastour came on in the second half.

Is there any highlights of that match or any video about it?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Not sure why Fossati was kept back a year. But getting farmed out to Serie C wasn't promising.

I agree on Cristante. Was impressed by him in Trofeo TIM. He's already miles ahead of most our midfielders.

and cristante is just turn 17 so he has time also fossati is starting to show some good games.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
"Young players are a little bit like melons .Only when you open and taste the melons are you 100% sure that the melon is good." -S... O... :o

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Theres no universal rule on when players are suppose to make that jump in quality. Some make it early others can bloom late. Look at shirokov, guy started performing in his 30es. Just an example anyway.

Reaction score
Theres no universal rule on when players are suppose to make that jump in quality. Some make it early others can bloom late. Look at shirokov, guy started performing in his 30es. Just an example anyway.

Obviously everybody's different but generally talent shines through early.

Sincerely doubt in these cash strapped times Management wouldn't look extra closely at promoting youth.

They did it with De Sceglio/El Sharaaawy. It's paying off big time.

The others are of similar age. There's a reason they're not playing for us.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's exactly the pace at what things happen... We already got De Sciglio from the last years teams. Maybe someone (if we're very, very lucky) of those currently loaned out will make it in the first team one day, maybe as "late boomer" like Abate or Anto. Or at least someone will be sold for decent cash like Merkel.

And then you wait for the next one - guys playing in primavera/allievi now... And if we're lucky another boy come out.

People seem to expect that 5 or 6 of primavera players will make first team... That never happens.

Last edited:

Schedule