The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2011, 11:40   #2001
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I thought the ones that booed him a part of the curva, while the normal fans were applauding him.

I might be wrong, but all I know is that they were part of the curva.
They just stayed in the curva,the rest of the fans in the curva applauded him ad tried there best to cover the idiots up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
I'm having a good laugh reading ZM report about the 8 x 2:

This is amazing:

I said durring half time that the possition of there defense was attrocious and if they didnt do something about it ,there gonna get murdered.

Wenger really cracked under pressure there,he should have sorted it out at half time.I think he just stood there without saying nothing like he did all match long.

Signature
Old 29-08-2011, 11:46   #2002
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

The lack of a single tactical switch at halftime spoke volumes about AW's stubbornness. Also conveys very clearly that he'll never change - whether they lose 0-1 or 2-8.
Old 29-08-2011, 13:26   #2003
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Would be great deal for Toons if they can get Davide Santon. Am all for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I thought the ones that booed him a part of the curva, while the normal fans were applauding him.

I might be wrong, but all I know is that they were part of the curva.
I have read this multiple times not just over this forum but elsewhere but never really bothered to reply them.. but now isn't this video from Curva Sud?

and wasn't Paolo booed by the ones sitting in Curva Nord that day vs Roma while he was taking his lap? Correct me if am wrong.

Last edited by Dinar; 29-08-2011 at 13:31.
Old 29-08-2011, 16:57   #2004
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Old 29-08-2011, 17:59   #2005
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

you know what you really realize? Arsenal's defense was bad last year, but with fabregas and nasri they held a lot of posession in other half particularly (nasri).

Now without them they can't they get slaughtered.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 29-08-2011, 18:09   #2006
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
you know what you really realize? Arsenal's defense was bad last year, but with fabregas and nasri they held a lot of posession in other half particularly (nasri).

Now without them they can't they get slaughtered.
Im still pretty amazed at how Nasri was in a way held back at Arsenal.

Okay, maybe its too early to judge him at Citeh but from what I saw, he was pretty much all over the pitch and its something I didnt really see at Arsenal, and the fact that hes excelled with this much freedom is a result of him not having to be in anyone's shadow. He used to come deep but would constantly stick to that left wing, sometimes drifting inside.

Obviously the freedom has benefited his game. Three assists in one game compared to one assist all season long and his passing and flick ons were very crisp, could have had more.

I agree about Arsenal but last season they had Clichy and Sagna pretty much week in week out putting in decent performances. I dunno about you guys but Clichy is pretty decent when it comes to closing down his man, I felt he did pretty well against Lennon yesterday.

Also, they didnt have this many injury/suspension worries last season, all coming at once. They will recover when everyone is fit/back. Interesting note though from Opta stats, no team has finished in the top 4 after collecting just one point in their opening 3 games.
Old 29-08-2011, 18:21   #2007
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
Im still pretty amazed at how Nasri was in a way held back at Arsenal.

Okay, maybe its too early to judge him at Citeh but from what I saw, he was pretty much all over the pitch and its something I didnt really see at Arsenal, and the fact that hes excelled with this much freedom is a result of him not having to be in anyone's shadow. He used to come deep but would constantly stick to that left wing, sometimes drifting inside.

Obviously the freedom has benefited his game. Three assists in one game compared to one assist all season long and his passing and flick ons were very crisp, could have had more.

I agree about Arsenal but last season they had Clichy and Sagna pretty much week in week out putting in decent performances. I dunno about you guys but Clichy is pretty decent when it comes to closing down his man, I felt he did pretty well against Lennon yesterday.

Also, they didnt have this many injury/suspension worries last season, all coming at once. They will recover when everyone is fit/back. Interesting note though from Opta stats, no team has finished in the top 4 after collecting just one point in their opening 3 games.
A big reason is that Mancini seems to allow Nasri to be a regular crossing winger, as well as to cut in at times. At Arsenal, he was always asked to cut in.

Crosses to Dzeko were excellent.
Old 29-08-2011, 18:22   #2008
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
A big reason is that Mancini seems to allow Nasri to be a regular crossing winger, as well as to cut in at times. At Arsenal, he was always asked to cut in.

Crosses to Dzeko were excellent.
another reason is man city are more direct and goal minded.

How often have you watched arsenal search for "THE PERFECT GOAL"?

Nasri can be highly decisive.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 29-08-2011, 18:30   #2009
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

True.
Old 30-08-2011, 07:44   #2010
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
Pass. Thanks anyway.
Too busy wanking off Senile Ass fucker? I understand.

Signature

MILAN
Old 30-08-2011, 08:41   #2011
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.

Quote:
Arsenal have agreed a fee for Brazilian first choice left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce worth £5.9M.

Rumor that They've also had a bid rejected for Mario Goetze and have been quoted €35M to sign him.
I dont think Wenger will ever pay 35 Million for a player, Andre Santos deal is as good as done.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like PSV and Den Bosch. Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like.
Old 30-08-2011, 08:43   #2012
Sage
Phase 3

Wenger signed someone over 15

Judgement day is upon us.
Old 30-08-2011, 08:56   #2013
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

In addition to Andre Santos, he seems to be looking at 3 Chelsea players [Alex, Benayoun and Malouda] and Gary Cahill.

Chelsea cash plus player bid for Liverpool's Raul Meireles rejected
• Anfield club offered £7m plus Yossi Benayoun back
• Chelsea still hope to sign Luka Modric and Alvaro Pereira

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-raul-meireles
Old 30-08-2011, 09:02   #2014
Sage
Phase 3

alex and malouda would be good signings, benayoun is crap
Old 30-08-2011, 09:07   #2015
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Benayoun is good player but not what Arsenal need now. Alex would be a good signing,

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like PSV and Den Bosch. Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like.
Old 30-08-2011, 09:08   #2016
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Rumors that Macheda has joined Newcastle on loan.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 30-08-2011, 09:56   #2017
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

benayoun is awesome esp because he is jewish? seriously i like him he is a lower version of do everything midfield, but his injury was horrible and we have covered that area with aqua man
Old 30-08-2011, 10:29   #2018
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

I'm loving Ashley Young at the moment. When he signed I was adamant that Nani/Valencia/Giggs would be our first choice wingers but with Valencia injured and Giggs in the dog house he's come in and been immense. His teamwork with Evra and Rooney is great. Infact our all round play so far has been brilliant.

At the risk of sounding too cheesy, it's excitng to be a United fan at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footiefan View Post
Rumors that Macheda has joined Newcastle on loan.
Hope not - after what they did to Rossi.
Old 30-08-2011, 10:37   #2019
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Reports in Italy claim Newcastle are set to be beat rivals Sunderland to the signing of Federico Macheda on-loan from Man United #nufc #safc

So it could be either Newcastle or Sunderland.
Old 30-08-2011, 10:42   #2020
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
I'm loving Ashley Young at the moment. When he signed I was adamant that Nani/Valencia/Giggs would be our first choice wingers but with Valencia injured and Giggs in the dog house he's come in and been immense. His teamwork with Evra and Rooney is great. Infact our all round play so far has been brilliant.

At the risk of sounding too cheesy, it's excitng to be a United fan at the moment.
Many United fans felt the same way. Thought Young will be a back up. Maybe Valencia's injury was blessing in disguise. Nani is playing in his natural position and Young is awesome as LW.

Quote:
Hope not - after what they did to Rossi.
But now they are lot more stable than they were when we sent Rossi. I would have preferred Everton, Bolton but he wont get much game time there.

Lot of ManUtd players in North East clubs (Newcastle and Sunderland).

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Closed Thread