The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2011, 16:12   #201
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
RAWK believe Charlie Adam will be better than a prime Pirlo. True story...
completely agree with them.
Old 21-07-2011, 16:17   #202
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
post the united one up

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like PSV and Den Bosch. Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like.
Old 21-07-2011, 16:20   #203
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footiefan View Post
Liverpool's transfer strategy

There is one for ManUtd and Arsenal too..
To be fair to pull ,United going to for Ashley young was not a brilliant move by any means.Still funny how EPL teams overpay for homegrown talent.

Quote:

Signature
Old 21-07-2011, 16:25   #204
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
To be fair to pull ,United going to for Ashley young was not a brilliant move by any means.Still funny how EPL teams overpay for homegrown talent.

Will see how he plays for us. He has all the attributes to become good player for us. Played well in preseason and looked very comfortable playing with new team. I was not really keen on him, but looks like he will prove lot of doubters wrong..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like PSV and Den Bosch. Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like.
Old 21-07-2011, 16:25   #205
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:

Italian Charlie Adam plays for Juventus..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 16:27   #206
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
People underestimate Liverpool's popularity. They're probably the 2nd most supported team in Asia + UK and are behind only United and Celtic in the ROI.
That's what I would have thought.. They are surely more popular here than Chelsea. Arsenal fans always tend to be in hiding - so don't really know.
Old 21-07-2011, 16:29   #207
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
That's what I would have thought.. They are surely more popular here than Chelsea. Arsenal fans always tend to be in hiding - so don't really know.
You will find a lot of Arsenal fans in Bangalore for sure. Probably after United they are more popular in Bangalore..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 16:38   #208
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
You will find a lot of Arsenal fans in Bangalore for sure. Probably after United they are more popular in Bangalore..
Including that guy with the youtube video I'm sure.. Barclays' Fan of the Month or whatever..
Old 21-07-2011, 16:40   #209
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Including that guy with the youtube video I'm sure.. Barclays' Fan of the Month or whatever..
Cardboard premier league trophy.. Mighty Arsenal.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 17:05   #210
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Will see how he plays for us. He has all the attributes to become good player for us. Played well in preseason and looked very comfortable playing with new team. I was not really keen on him, but looks like he will prove lot of doubters wrong..
What might does be?Im not trolling or anything,just curious what do you consider them to be?

Signature
Old 21-07-2011, 17:08   #211
neutral
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
I really wish you would go on and offer concrete opinions on what they are doing wrong to achieve their goals. And suggest a better method while you are at it. Also read that article.
Since when did i say they are doing anything wrong? I disagreed with you when you said they are good at managing money and are doing the only thing possible to break into the elite. Man City spend millions on worthless crap and have huge player salaries, thats poor money management. Also if spending was the only way to be successful then the league table would look very different. Also i read the article, so what they made a deal with the owners half brother who runs his company on a loss, how is this good?

Signature
Old 21-07-2011, 17:15   #212
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
What might does be?Im not trolling or anything,just curious what do you consider them to be?
He can play as LW - Which is the biggest plus for us.,
Can beat his man regularly, can whip in wicked crosses, good at set pieces which we suck at.

He can play on both wings like Nani which makes us tactically flexible as they can interchange positions..

He is versatile too..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 17:30   #213
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Young was good last night. His crosses are great. He's a good signing. Dissapointed that we won't be signing a WC midfielder though.
Old 21-07-2011, 17:32   #214
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Young was good last night. His crosses are great. He's a good signing. Dissapointed that we won't be signing a WC midfielder though.

Why so?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 17:35   #215
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:

Why so?
Because....
Old 21-07-2011, 17:37   #216
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

We will, just wait and see. And most people on here will be happy with who we get for another reason

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

Old 21-07-2011, 17:39   #217
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Because....
Fair enough. Agreed with this..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 19:03   #218
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
He can play as LW - Which is the biggest plus for us.,
Can beat his man regularly, can whip in wicked crosses, good at set pieces which we suck at.

He can play on both wings like Nani which makes us tactically flexible as they can interchange positions..

He is versatile too..
He can't play on both wings, well, he can in the sense that he can also play CB, but he's generally been poor on the right for Villa, he's awful as an AM/second striker whatever.

He doesn't really beat players, he makes space to get in crosses, it's not that he can't beat players but it's as if his only plan is to cross 90% of the time. Fergie might tell him otherwise though.
Quote:
Young's crosses/corners are all over the place, you'll see 4/5 a game go way above everybodys head and finish up behind the goal, despite Villa having a pretty big squad his corners weren't anywhere near as effective as they should, he built that reputation in 07/08, and never really delivered like he should have after that.

Downing is a much better crosser, and maybe a better player than Young too.
Old 21-07-2011, 19:25   #219
Footiefan
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
He can't play on both wings, well, he can in the sense that he can also play CB, but he's generally been poor on the right for Villa, he's awful as an AM/second striker whatever.

He doesn't really beat players, he makes space to get in crosses, it's not that he can't beat players but it's as if his only plan is to cross 90% of the time. Fergie might tell him otherwise though.
Well he played well for England as SS. When i have watched he was ok as RW.

And he can beat players, I have seen him doing against United too..

I have heard many Villa fans saying his set pieces were awful, well it can't be worse than what we had..

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN
Old 21-07-2011, 19:50   #220
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Well he played well for England as SS. When i have watched he was ok as RW.

And he can beat players, I have seen him doing against United too..

I have heard many Villa fans saying his set pieces were awful, well it can't be worse than what we had..
He spent almost the entire season there for Villa, largely average. He rarely beats players though, I know he can, he just doesn't, he's fucked against quick players though, Bosingwa always used to handle him with ease.

His set pieces are that bad, when they're good they're perfect but that's nowhere near often though.
Closed Thread