The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2012, 01:02   #10001
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
Am I missing what exactly he's bitter about?
He lets out a constant stream of bitterness - as do most Manutd fans, I've seen - about England. Pretty much. For some reason, he seems to think that if he calls Rooney a cunt, then it means he's completely objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post

You would be a terrible psychologist.
Please tell me what was even remotely psychological about my post...

You'd make a terrible animator.

See, I can be irrelevant too.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:03   #10002
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
I don't see the significance of this...

So what if Sage disliked the country? The difference is that you're English and dislike them for such petty reasons. For example, I can say that UAE are shit at football. But Sage saying they're shit because the media there called his favourite player a cunt is different.

You dislike the national team because the media slated Ronaldo after he winked during a penalty shootout?(Or did something similar, Idc)

That is like me hating Milan because Gazzetta Dello Sport gave Abate a 5 in the derby...
You obviously haven't read my posts.

Why should I be an avid England fan when I hate half the players, I hate the FA who are in charge of the team, I hate a lot of the fans who support the team and hate the media who surround the team because they + the entire country tend to blame United players (which is a fact, by the way).

Sometimes I think I support England, but it only takes something small for me to think 'forget it'. I'm about as casual as you can be. I'll watch the games, hope England win, but if they don't I won't be fussed at all.

Quote:
He lets out a constant stream of bitterness - as do most Manutd fans, I've seen - about England. Pretty much. For some reason, he seems to think that if he calls Rooney a cunt, then it means he's completely objective.

Please tell me what was even remotely psychological about my post...

You'd make a terrible animator.

See, I can be irrelevant too.
Because you always talk about how bitter I am, how I'm this and that....when it isn't true. You're terrible at reading situations.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:04   #10003
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

If you're indifferent, then be indifferent. Don't claim you're indifferent and spew the most bitter crap you can.

Quote:
hate the media who surround the team because they + the entire country tend to blame United players (which is a fact, by the way).
Won't somebody please think of the children!
Old 17-05-2012, 01:07   #10004
Sage
Phase 3

I personally don't mind them hating on rooney back in 2010, he was coming off an amazing season and played like a championship player in the WC.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:08   #10005
OneUnited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
it's just that in your post, you're making united players/club look like the victims
We are the victims. We win trophies, England fans hate us for it, and then we have to tell them to fuck off.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:10   #10006
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
It's a pretty nation wide bitterness as far as I know.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:10   #10007
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
If you're indifferent, then be indifferent. Don't claim you're indifferent and spew the most bitter crap you can.
The term 'love-hate' is appropriate, though I'd change it to like-hate.

Quote:
Won't somebody please think of the children!
I'm thinking about you right now
Old 17-05-2012, 01:12   #10008
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
We are the victims. We win trophies, England fans hate us for it, and then we have to tell them to fuck off.
maybe it has to do with the fact that united players win trophies, have excellent seasons and then do fuck all with the NT.

so the champions/best players will obviously be targeted.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:14   #10009
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
I don't hate the england NT, but I do think your players are wankers that never give 100%

the last time I saw a decent england team, it was back in 2004.

your media are ******ed, they either belittle their opponents or completly crucify the players/coach, there is no middle ground or rational opinions, not that you can expect that from journos.

it's just that in your post, you're making united players/club look like the victims

I don't like the italian NT (due to the F.A and jube infestation) but I have to admire the fact that almost every player there gives 100%.
i actually just think the english media is plain dumb.

very few people in it who understand football outside EPL. And continental or world football is not premiership style.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 17-05-2012, 01:16   #10010
OneUnited

Quote:
maybe it has to do with the fact that united players win trophies, have excellent seasons and then do fuck all with the NT.

Success breeds envy. Good logic.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:18   #10011
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:

Not true.
Not Scholes' fault he was played out of position during his prime.
Rooney was injured for the 06 WC.
Rio Ferdinand was England's best player in 2006 (and 2002, though he was at Leeds then).

If you want to go back in history then just look at England's best player ever, best player of the 80's, and the club which has given more players to England than any other....

Though really the United/England hate works both ways as United fans take the piss out of England all the time, especially at places like West Ham
Old 17-05-2012, 01:18   #10012
RollingPapers
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel

Old 17-05-2012, 01:19   #10013
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Anyway for what it's worth I'd do this...

Welbeck/Rooney should start together, if for nothing else, they have good chemistry. Defoe's a good change of pace sub.

In all honestly best lineup they can use is some variation of a 4-3-3/4-5-1. You'll get defensive contribution from the front line...

Welbeck--Rooney--Walcott
Lampard--parker--barry
Cole--Terry--Cahill--Johnson
----------Hart-------

Actually maybe not Walcott, but not really sure who else. Young? Milner? Ox

But it's a given you'll use a 4-4-2

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 17-05-2012, 01:22   #10014
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Not true.
Not Scholes' fault he was played out of position during his prime.
Rooney was injured for the 06 WC.
Rio Ferdinand was England's best player in 2006 (and 2002, though he was at Leeds then).

If you want to go back in history then just look at England's best player ever, best player of the 80's, and the club which has given more players to England than any other....

Though really the United/England hate works both ways as United fans take the piss out of England all the time, especially at places like West Ham
ferdinand was not england's best player in 2006.

what about rooney during 2010? why was he so shit? he was coming off an amazing season.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:24   #10015
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
what about rooney during 2010? why was he so shit? he was coming off an amazing season.
I think everybody knows that's because of what was going on in his life, it effectively ruined him for a year as a player.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:25   #10016
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

is hulk already a chelsea player?
Old 17-05-2012, 01:28   #10017
LeedsFan
Rookie

Fav. Players: Luciano "the best target man in the world" Becchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Anyway for what it's worth I'd do this...

Welbeck/Rooney should start together, if for nothing else, they have good chemistry. Defoe's a good change of pace sub.

In all honestly best lineup they can use is some variation of a 4-3-3/4-5-1. You'll get defensive contribution from the front line...

Welbeck--Rooney--Walcott
Lampard--parker--barry
Cole--Terry--Cahill--Johnson
----------Hart-------

Actually maybe not Walcott, but not really sure who else. Young? Milner? Ox

But it's a given you'll use a 4-4-2
In the press conference Roy said he wanted to pack the midfield and play with one man up front, he also talked about playing Chamberlain through the middle and Walcott and Young out wide.

I think Roy will go with something like this.

-------------???
Young---Chamberlain---Walcott
-------Gerrard----???
---Cole--Terry----???-???
-------------Hart

I assumed Glen Johnson would be right back, but he was singing Jones' praises in the press conference.

I imagine Parker will play alongside Stevie G but Barry could aswell.

It's a given that Rooney will start up front but i'm not sure who'll start during his absence.

I like this formation, but i'd rather he played Barry and Parker rather than Gerrard and ???, because Gerrard is a very average centre mid.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:28   #10018
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Don't like Welbeck on the left tbh. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as a CAM, behind Welbeck.

Quote:
ferdinand was not england's best player in 2006.

Yes he was. He was friggin immense, just like he was in 2002. Unfortunately he didn't get the praise in either tournament that he deserved though (think Campbell and Joe Cole won best players of each).
Old 17-05-2012, 01:33   #10019
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Don't like Welbeck on the left tbh. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as a CAM, behind Welbeck.

Yes he was. He was friggin immense, just like he was in 2002. Unfortunately he didn't get the praise in either tournament that he deserved though (think Campbell and Joe Cole won best players of each).
He did in 2002, it's pretty much why you bought him.

I never want to see Gareth Barry in an England shirt again, or Scott Parker particularly, but I'll tolerate him a little more because we lack top quality in CM.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:33   #10020
Sage
Phase 3

4-2-3-1 is the ideal formation with the players he has, but Ox shouldn't start, he's simply not ready, but it wouldn't hurt to try him out in the friendlies before the tournament starts.
Closed Thread