In the "Huh? What?" News department...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Quebec City wants to have a Tour de France stage in 2008...

For those of you who don't know, Quebec City is in Canada...

:conf: I don't get it :conf:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
me neither :conf:

i know they are a french speaking... whatever it is... district ? :conf:

but they are still in canada, not in france :conf: fools

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Québec is a province...

The Tour de France "heads" are actually considering the idea. They would do a individual time-trial stage & then go back in France. They would take a couple days off & then continue.

Some reporters in France like the idea. Here, they didn't give opinions just gave the news...

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I know, didn't Belgium & other countries host some rounds of Tour De France? Then I see no difference between being held in Belgium or Quebec, except the distance. And if I remember well, some rounds of Giro D'Italia were held in Greece a few years back.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
yeah, I have no problem with the Tour de France being held in Quebec. Perhaps the following year it can be held in Mongolia. I really think the French are just tired of seeing the American win their prestigious event.

Forza Lance Armstrong (winning tour de Français is much better than delivering mail I would think) :)

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I know that they've been on other countries but I just think that it's weird to go fly over the Atlantic for a little 5km individual time-trial & then fly back.....

They should do something like 2-3 stages. I mean it's a lot of trouble for a little 5km...

Well, if it actually happens I'm gonna attend it...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini - Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:50

yeah, I have no problem with the Tour de France being held in Quebec. Perhaps the following year it can be held in Mongolia. I really think the French are just tired of seeing the American win their prestigious event.

Forza Lance Armstrong (winning tour de Français is much better than delivering mail I would think)

Not just an American, but an American w/ cancer and he dosen't work for the post office, the UC cycling team is just sponsored by them.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Didn't Lance Armstrong used to work for the US Mail delivery system in some capacity???? And yes, I know about his cancer, which makes his feets even more impressive, even though this need not be mentioned to improve his status to cycling aficionados.

Reaction score
Quebec wants to hold a part of the Tour de France in 2008 only, because in 2008 Quebec City will be celebrating its 400th anniversary. Since Quebec is a French colony, the mayor thought that it would only be natural for France, the mother country, to be involved in the celebrations. It would be the first time that Le Tour de France would be held in North America.

emre

Primavera
Reaction score
This is just stupid, it's like saying lets have a bit of the tour de france in New Zealand, or New caladonia. Stupid Canadians of Quebec city, no offence to anyone who didn't hjave a part of it.

Schedule