German Bundesliga Thread

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Tsar said:
You can tell Bayern were/are in total crisis when they go out for some retail therapy like that. Big names like that will pay dividends in the short term, (maybe), but Toni and Klose are a lot of money for 2 players who aren't going to be at the peak for too much longer.
On that note, arent toni and klose both target men sorta strikers? klose is definitely a cherry picker, and toni isnt a stud with his creativity or anything either. I dont know if that partnershill be particularly effective. Seems like an upgraded version of the gila-pippo partnership that our beloved milan tried and flopped at.

Rex

Reaction score
Bremen has signed Fluminese's midfielder Carlos Alberto. Begin to splashing out the money... :D

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Bayern has such a great team this season......if they work together really well they will probably claim both UEFA and german league

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
When does the German season start exactly? I'l be going to Frankfurt in mid September and wouldn't mind catching a game.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Tsar said:
When does the German season start exactly? I'l be going to Frankfurt in mid September and wouldn't mind catching a game.
Last year it started mid-August, so I think you're in luck if you want to go to a match...

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
Last year it started mid-August, so I think you're in luck if you want to go to a match...
Cool, I thought it would need to start earlier than England because of that Winter break they have. Have the fixtures been released yet? As it would need to be a home game for Eintracht.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I got the fixtures, turns out i'm in some luck, Eintracht will be at home to Hamburg the week i'm there, which is pretty good match. Anyone know how I go about getting tickets? Is it like the rest of Europe where you can just by them in a newsagents/tobaconist the day of the match?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Tsar said:
I got the fixtures, turns out i'm in some luck, Eintracht will be at home to Hamburg the week i'm there, which is pretty good match. Anyone know how I go about getting tickets? Is it like the rest of Europe where you can just by them in a newsagents/tobaconist the day of the match?

You know German stadium audience is the biggest in Europe. You should really dig into this or you might end up empty handed. But probaby you'll get it during the day. Maybe passion can help you.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to football game in West Germany - neither of which concern you so I knew better than to ask for your opinion, Hanna. :)

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Schalke vs Karlsruher
Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munchen

2 matches 4 the german cup. need to do some football homework now. :D
need to know who's playing and who's not. :D:D

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
ok . schalke is the favorites here. but i like taking risks. the bigger the risks , the better the returns.

kalsruher for the win.

bremen vs munchen. need no explanation. ex munchen fan. its obvious. munchen for the win.

good luck teams !!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Milanista said:
ok . schalke is the favorites here. but i like taking risks. the bigger the risks , the better the returns.

kalsruher for the win.

bremen vs munchen. need no explanation. ex munchen fan. its obvious. munchen for the win.

good luck teams !!

maybe it would be a good idea to make a betting thread(if there isn't one already). To give hints and discuss things from that point of view and leave the League threads 'cleaner'. What do people think?

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Jasper said:
maybe it would be a good idea to make a betting thread(if there isn't one already). To give hints and discuss things from that point of view and leave the League threads 'cleaner'. What do people think?
I think it would be a great idea..how about a betting thread for every league ? :D too much !! i guess :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
I'm going to football game in West Germany - neither of which concern you so I knew better than to ask for your opinion, Hanna. :)
Good luck on your travel arrangements to.... West Germany. Be prepared to be told that trips there have been out of stock since 1990... Scott :)

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I don't mean West as in political West, I mean West as in the West of Germany. You told me did you not that you live in Eastern Germany did you not? Nowhere near Frankfurt am Main? You also told me you never follow let alone attend Bundesliga games did you not? So why would I expect you to know?

I don't need any help anyway, i've found that German is easy, its structure is so similar that I need only learn the nouns, verbs etc. I'm already at an advanced level:

Mir ist eine Kontaktlinse heruntergefallen.

Getting match tickets won't be a problem for me now. :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
I don't mean West as in political West, I mean West as in the West of Germany. You told me did you not that you live in Eastern Germany did you not?
No, I didn't.

Tsar said:
You also told me you never follow let alone attend Bundesliga games did you not?
No, I didn't.

Tsar said:
I don't need any help anyway, i've found that German is easy, its structure is so similar that I need only learn the nouns, verbs etc. I'm already at an advanced level:

Mir ist eine Kontaktlinse heruntergefallen.
BBC German for Dummies or the WC06 crash course, I guess. In any case useless vocabulary as no German would bother assisting you.

Tsar said:
Getting match tickets won't be a problem for me now. :)
Um, I think the sentence above won't be too helpful if a match ticket is what you're after.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you did, you said you lived near Jena in Thuringen, which is on the otherside of Germany. Asking you about tickets in Frankfurt am Main is like you asking me for tickets in Liverpool - how would I know anything about that.

You have also said on many an occassion in this thread in your disinterest in your own league.

I don't think you can say much about my German as its as good if not better than your English.

Tickets are easy, I was just showing the more complex stuff: Zwei Karten, bitte.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
Yes you did, you said you lived near Jena in Thuringen,
Not correct.

Tsar said:
which is on the otherside of Germany.
What would be 'this' side ? Frankfurt ? You didn't take A level geography, right ?

Tsar said:
Asking you about tickets in Frankfurt am Main is like you asking me for tickets in Liverpool - how would I know anything about that.
Well, I don't know how you would know anything about that but I know that I know a thing or 2, even about Liverpool.

Tsar said:
You have also said on many an occassion in this thread in your disinterest in your own league.
Wrong, Scott. There's a slight difference between disinterest + moderate interest.

Tsar said:
I don't think you can say much about my German as its as good if not better than your English.
LOL... quote savicevic10.

Tsar said:
Tickets are easy, I was just showing the more complex stuff: Zwei Karten, bitte.
WC06 German for dummies as expected. Will you be able to handle the follow-up questions ?

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Not correct.

What would be 'this' side ? Frankfurt ? You didn't take A level geography, right ?

Well, I don't know how you would know anything about that but I know that I know a thing or 2, even about Liverpool.

Wrong, Scott. There's a slight difference between disinterest + moderate interest.

LOL... quote savicevic10.

WC06 German for dummies as expected. Will you be able to handle the follow-up questions ?
I did very well in Geography, and can tell you for a fact that Frankfurt is on the West of Germany. I reckon it must be about 300k from Jena which is the nearest city/large town to where you live during none-term time. See I remember the conversation perfectly. :)

And I have an answer to any question that I am asked in German:

Ich komme aus Schottland. Ich spreche kein gut Deutsch, Konnten Sie jemanden finden, der Englisch spricht?

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Tsar said:
Ich komme aus Schottland. Ich spreche kein gut Deutsch, Konnten Sie jemanden finden, der Englisch spricht?

i think you;re supposed to say ich spreche nicht gut deutsch

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
u say kein or keine only with words like ein or eine..if i remembered my german teacher say to me

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I don't care if its spelt kein or keine, i'll be speaking to people not writting them a letter. Any road, the majority of Frankfurters speak English on account of all the bussiness done there, i'm just learning to be polite.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
35 minuten Werder Bremen 1 - 3 Bayern Munich :D

the 3rd was scored from ribery. strange. but i remember reading some where he and toni will not be playing but whatever. :D

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Tsar said:
I don't care if its spelt kein or keine, i'll be speaking to people not writting them a letter. Any road, the majority of Frankfurters speak English on account of all the bussiness done there, i'm just learning to be polite.

ok sure. good luck and have a fun trip. ;)

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
i saw Bayern against Bremen, good game, fantastic goal from Altintop, and Ze Roberto played DM, afterall he seems to be better than Emerson :o

Schedule