The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Community > Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support

Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support Announcements released by administrators, feedback plus solving any problems you have regarding the proper functioning of these forums or the main site.

Old 05-11-2012, 17:02   #381
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's up.

great!!!

only one problem though...kinda looks like there are too many trophies. excessive trophies, actually...
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:50   #382
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

I spent 2 weeks in adobe photoshop pro creating this. What you guys think?
I really thought mine had a chance to win.

But for real though, it looks great. Way to go Emju+David!

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:30   #383
fillajo
Rookie

oh... my god.
fillajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 10:06   #384
Spielmacher
Protagonista

Fav. Players: Albertini, Weah, Gullit

Btw, in the spirit of youths gone wild, year zero, rebuilding the squad, and creste rossonero...I think the banner should reflect that as well.
So sorry I'm not good with image and photoshopping...but I really hope that somebody will share their ideas.
Spielmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 13:02   #385
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Yes...we need niang and ses and Balo and constant and prince
Old 22-03-2013, 14:02   #386
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

I would love if there was like red top - black bottom. And then there would be a silhouette of the different crests.

Sort of like this

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 19:32   #387
fillajo
Rookie

i love typography and nothing more
fillajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 20:27   #388
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

I would love something with SeS, de sciglio, balo and montolivo.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 20:45   #389
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

We're fine as we are.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:02   #390
luke07
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger

luke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01   #391
AsparagusFC
#hungry

Fav. Players: Chris John, Alan Shearer, Fan Gamma Bizen

edit

Last edited by AsparagusFC; 02-04-2013 at 11:04.
AsparagusFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 07:51   #392
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

Fav. Players: Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

I feel as if you guys need a total makeover for these forums. As someone who's experienced in web design (in fact i major in comp sci), it needs to be more easy on the eye and minimalistic . Like the gradients used on top of every post are so 2005. Really, if you guys just upgrade the forums to VB5 and apply a decent skin and change the colors to red and black it will look nice. And I think for the logo you should use the same lettering Milan use to stay consistent with the idea of being a Milan fan site. Plus tapatalk computability over outdated forumrunner which makes my eyes bleed on my phone would be AMAZING

Just my 2 cents (sorry for going a bit offtopic)

EDIT: oh, my one BIG complaint is why is it you HAVE to edit your profile picture to 100x100 manually? i know theres vb extensions that automatically resize the picture for you or is it something you guys do to prevent storage shortage?

Signature

Last edited by Zeusftw; 29-07-2013 at 07:57.
Zeusftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 08:01   #393
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusftw View Post
I feel as if you guys need a total makeover for these forums. As someone who's experienced in web design (in fact i major in comp sci), it needs to be more easy on the eye and minimalistic . Like the gradients used on top of every post are so 2005. Really, if you guys just upgrade the forums to VB5 and apply a decent skin and change the colors to red and black it will look nice. And I think for the logo you should use the same lettering Milan use to stay consistent with the idea of being a Milan fan site. Plus tapatalk computability over outdated forumrunner which makes my eyes bleed on my phone would be AMAZING

Just my 2 cents (sorry for going a bit offtopic)

EDIT: oh, my one BIG complaint is why is it you HAVE to edit your profile picture to 100x100 manually? i know theres vb extensions that automatically resize the picture for you or is it something you guys do to prevent storage shortage?
We're fine as we are.
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 13:17   #394
Fiero

Quote:
You don't have to resize it manually. If it's under 19.5 KB, the system resizes it. But it's best if you resize it yourself for optimum quality.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 13:25   #395
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
I agree, this forum is so outdated. All the other big boy clubs have much cooler forums.

But don't mess with the color scheme. The white + red looks fine as it is.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 17:16   #396
David
Administrator

Quote:
vB4 is so-so, not worth the effort, while vB5 is terrible. They've done their best to ruin a perfectly good product, which is the reason I don't upgrade the forums.

But we'll be forced to upgrade at some point. The only decent alternatives right now seem to be XenForo (but I'd like it to be more established) and IPB (I generally don't like the feel of it). I don't think vB will ever recover from the mistakes they've done.

It's worth noticing that many large forums are stuck with vB 3.x for the same reason we are - it's a great product + no other alternative comes close.

As for the colors, I'd like to stick with them rather than the washed-out school of thought that's currently in vogue.

Tapatalk vs. forumrunner - I'll look into it again. For me though, forum on mobile browser >>> tapatalk & forumrunner last time I tried them out.

Last edited by David; 29-07-2013 at 17:20.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 18:02   #397
jammin
pour l'éternité

XenForo looks very sleek. I like. (example of a football forum running on XenForo - http://www.redcafe.net/, or the XenForo forum itself - http://xenforo.com/community/)

+ the features listed here look useful.

What do you mean by "more established"?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.

Last edited by jammin; 29-07-2013 at 18:11.
jammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 19:13   #398
Zeusftw
#WeAreSoRich

Fav. Players: Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
vB4 is so-so, not worth the effort, while vB5 is terrible. They've done their best to ruin a perfectly good product, which is the reason I don't upgrade the forums.

But we'll be forced to upgrade at some point. The only decent alternatives right now seem to be XenForo (but I'd like it to be more established) and IPB (I generally don't like the feel of it). I don't think vB will ever recover from the mistakes they've done.

It's worth noticing that many large forums are stuck with vB 3.x for the same reason we are - it's a great product + no other alternative comes close.

As for the colors, I'd like to stick with them rather than the washed-out school of thought that's currently in vogue.

Tapatalk vs. forumrunner - I'll look into it again. For me though, forum on mobile browser >>> tapatalk & forumrunner last time I tried them out.
Tapatalk 4 though is so easy. I browse XDA on it and it's such a delight using it.

You don't like vb4? I guess that's fair. It is kinda ugly. IPB though is very slick, especially when it comes to skinning you can do so much. It wouldn't be that hard to migrate everything to there anyway. The colors are fine, now that I think about red and black would make me puke. The away kit colors are what we won on our 7 CL titles with so the color scheme makes total sense.

I guess what make the forums look out of date is just the overall layout of vb 3. I had a forum for a private server I ran back in 08-10 and I had licenses to VB, IPB and around the time vb 4 came out, I found myself switching to IPB. I guess what sold me on IPB at the time was how modern and web 2.0 it looked at the time. I'm not sold on XenForo though. You might as well just stick to VB as you can do 100x more with VB if you wanted to then with XenForo.

Signature
Zeusftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 19:14   #399
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

can we have just balotelli on the right side, by himself

sitting on a throne like God
Old 29-07-2013, 21:37   #400
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

balotelli with trimmed head(short hair) no trojan horse/roman soldier shit please

Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote