Douglas Costa

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Douglas_Costa2013.jpg

Full name: Douglas Costa de Souza
Date of birth: 14 September 1990 (age 23)
Place of birth: Sapucaia do Sul, Brazil
Height: 1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)
Playing position: Attacking midfielder
Number: 20

Seems like there's a chance of signing him. Wouldn't mind him here.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
''Wouldn't mind him here''

Hahah

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Never heard of him before this summer

Never seen him play

How is he compared to Bernard?

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Ain't coming ... just another Galliani rumor to fire up the fans a bit.

Reaction score
DC is one of 6 players refusing to return to shakhtar donetsk due to the troubles over there, might be a good time to pounce, plus, Mr Galliani luves a bargain :lol:

vanbasten

Milan Icon
Reaction score
DC is one of 6 players refusing to return to shakhtar donetsk due to the troubles over there, might be a good time to pounce, plus, Mr Galliani luves a bargain :lol:

He has already returned and played 45 min in a game.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't know much about him tbh, only what I've seen from the vids. Please enlighten me.

Don't know him well either. Only 2 CL games (he stood out in) and YT vids.

But considering his price tag (50m buy out clause), the hype around him, what the pundits say and all that, I don't think hes a player ''I wouldn't mind''. I wouldn't mind a Dzemaili.

Costa sounds more like a fantasy signing. 25m is too much IMO, but then again, I don't really know him well.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's his rating on fifa?

Reaction score
I would rather money was spent on centre backs. I don't see the point of have a great playmaker if we keep leaking goals at the other end.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
his video comps on youtube are awesome... and he's only 24.. can play lw/am/rw. he seems to be a lot better than Iturbe.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I would rather money was spent on centre backs. I don't see the point of have a great playmaker if we keep leaking goals at the other end.

How many CB do you want? and which CB do you have in mind to sign?

Center backs are not our problem, even though a lot of people like to sing that song.
Our team compactness is our defensive problem. Maybe CBs for the future, given their age.
Our CBs are far from flawless but how many teams in the league have that choice of CB's? Rami, Alex, Mexes, Zapata... On paper we'll surely be in top 3-4 in term CBs quality...

You take the best cb you have in mind and put him in this team and he'll be making "mistakes"
More or less like the ones we have because our defence is supposed to be one of our last line of defence but somehow opponents are facing our CBs in just 2 passes from their box to ours. Plus the fullback who are part of the defensive unit have never been up to par these past seasons. Always at least one weak side, the one MDS is not playin on.

That said, there are more important signings to do than a forward.

A creative CM, we have NONE, no orchestra maestro... We've been playing that discoordonated game for 2 years now. And I'm thinking more of a Grenier kind than a Dzemaili kind.
This will define how our whole season will go. It will be the difference between CL or not.

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
How many CB do you want? and which CB do you have in mind to sign?

Center backs are not our problem, even though a lot of people like to sing that song.
Our team compactness is our defensive problem. Maybe CBs for the future, given their age.
Our CBs are far from flawless but how many teams in the league have that choice of CB's? Rami, Alex, Mexes, Zapata... On paper we'll surely be in top 3-4 in term CBs quality...

You take the best cb you have in mind and put him in this team and he'll be making "mistakes"
More or less like the ones we have because our defence is supposed to be one of our last line of defence but somehow opponents are facing our CBs in just 2 passes from their box to ours. Plus the fullback who are part of the defensive unit have never been up to par these past seasons. Always at least one weak side, the one MDS is not playin on.

That said, there are more important signings to do than a forward.

A creative CM, we have NONE, no orchestra maestro... We've been playing that discoordonated game for 2 years now. And I'm thinking more of a Grenier kind than a Dzemaili kind.
This will define how our whole season will go. It will be the difference between CL or not.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::star:

Amero > Constant, Urby, or Didac
Rami transferred over permanently
Alex was added to the squad
--- this means that hopefully Bonera and Zaccardo should barely feature as a started, which is a huge plus. :lol:

The CB's of: Alex, Rami, Zapata, Mexes, Bonera, Albertazzi - is quite solid. Once Bonera, Zaccardo, & Mexes move on, then a new CB can be focused on.

Right now, a CM is desperately needed, even more so with Montolivo out.
De Jong, Poli, Saponara, Honda (if you consider him as a mid), Constante, Muntari, and Essien - just don't cut it. If it were me, I'd get rid of Essien and Honda and bring in at least one top rated mid who can act as a playmaker. After seeing Saponara play last year, I dare say he's not ready yet either. A loan makes more sense, but I'm not sure he'd be willing.

Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup::star:

Amero > Constant, Urby, or Didac
Rami transferred over permanently
Alex was added to the squad
--- this means that hopefully Bonera and Zaccardo should barely feature as a started, which is a huge plus. :lol:

The CB's of: Alex, Rami, Zapata, Mexes, Bonera, Albertazzi - is quite solid. Once Bonera, Zaccardo, & Mexes move on, then a new CB can be focused on.

Right now, a CM is desperately needed, even more so with Montolivo out.
De Jong, Poli, Saponara, Honda (if you consider him as a mid), Constante, Muntari, and Essien - just don't cut it. If it were me, I'd get rid of Essien and Honda and bring in at least one top rated mid who can act as a playmaker. After seeing Saponara play last year, I dare say he's not ready yet eithi pr. A loan makes more sense, but I'm not sure he'd be willing.

I agree with the CB's. We have excellent players in the back with a perfect Goalie now.

We need an A class player maker that can provide support to the strikers.

With Balo gone we should sign A striker and a player maker.

Wesley Sneijder would be perfect for the play making

as far as the striker I don't think Milan would spend the money to get someone that can score 20 goals a season

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
time to resurrect this thread ?

3AcWAtq.jpg