The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah next 2 games Theo should be rested, probably Bennacer and maybe even Rebić.

For 2 games!? 1 should be fine if any at all. Liverpool are tearing the record books to pieces this season by fielding (almost) the same 11 week in, week out. And it’s not only them. Most top players have played far more games than any Milan player this season and they’ll continue to play until the season is over. Milan haven’t had any European games to play this season there’s literally no excuse for not just carrying on.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
For 2 games!? 1 should be fine if any at all. Liverpool are tearing the record books to pieces this season by fielding (almost) the same 11 week in, week out. And it’s not only them. Most top players have played far more games than any Milan player this season and they’ll continue to play until the season is over. Milan haven’t had any European games to play this season there’s literally no excuse for not just carrying on.
I agree. Very beta to start resting people when we're not even in Europe.

That being said we looked absolutely gassed vs Torino. Someone is doing training/preparations the wrong way.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree. Very beta to start resting people when we're not even in Europe.

That being said we looked absolutely gassed vs Torino. Someone is doing training/preparations the wrong way.
Well it was the 3rd game in 8 days, two of them versus top 2 of Serie A, and the third one was a butcher team.

Do we know more about Kjaers injury? He's been such a fantastic, elegant player these days. Providing our attack with point-on long balls that even Bonucci would envy.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Rest against genoa but not Fiorentina

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man City about to do the dirty work Elliott threatened to do and blow up FFP. Great news for Milan I think.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Give it all against Viola and then have 2 days off to rest. Viola is on 22, while Genoa is at home on 01.03. Enough time to get some rest

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer, Hakan and Musacchio injured.

They can be added to the list with Biglia, Krunic and Duarte.

We getting thinner and thinner.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Apparently we don't have an option on Rebic according to Eintracht?

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
why are all these deal details always hidden? At least basic stuff should be official and known to the fans and media

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently we don't have an option on Rebic according to Eintracht?

Yes, it appears we don’t.

As it stands, Rebic is here on a 2-year loan. We will have to agree a fee if we want to keep him.

If I were a betting man, I’d bet that clown Andre Silva will be back.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem is also that without an option Eintracht can still sell him to other clubs, even if it is only for 2021 which isn't that long.
And they will try to rip us off on him now, and I'm definitely not confident shelling out enormous amounts on Rebic

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The problem is also that without an option Eintracht can still sell him to other clubs, even if it is only for 2021 which isn't that long.
And they will try to rip us off on him now, and I'm definitely not confident shelling out enormous amounts on Rebic

Yeah, if he keeps performing like this they will ask for a big amount 40m+ I see, while not keeping Silva so we have to deal with him also.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Just keep him on loan for the two years and we should be in a position to buy him or better :cool:

We have no clue if he will continue like this or play as well without Ibra so why all the hand wringing and trying to buy him when his valuation just shot up - havent we learnt from the striker who just left???

Stay the course - if he continues then he may want to stay, we will be better off financially and a deal can be worked out or we move on finding another suitable player. The situation will also show other players that they can come to Milan and thrive.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

At the end of the day rebic has to accept the transfer.

With one year left onn his contract i can see us getting a good deal.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
He is playing like this last 2 years. But was completely out of shape and focus in summer. God knows why.

Rebic is a force of nature like Mandzukic. If he can mature a bit we can have a realy, realy usefull player.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Evaluations tomorrow on the 2 centre backs, Hakan could be available for Saturday.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great. Can we please readdress for a moment how awesome Bennacer is?

Special shout out to the man who seems to be at three different places at the same time in every match.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Great. Can we please readdress for a moment how awesome Bennacer is?

Special shout out to the man who seems to be at three different places at the same time in every match.

Fantastic player. And Rebic is on fire, I'm so glad he is doing good job. I just hope Leao and Paqueta will shine until end of season, with them we have good options in attacking department.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Okay, his contract expiring around that time makes this deal make more sense. Just please, don't let Silva come back

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Maldini really did better transfers than Leonardo. I'm excited for summer mercato, especially for coach

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Maldini really did better transfers than Leonardo. I'm excited for summer mercato, especially for coach

Will be another mediocre coach. Just like Seedorf, Mihajlovic, Brocchi, Inzaghi, Montella, Gatusso, Giampaolo and now Pioli

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just a random thought:

I wonder how Rodrigo Ely is doing nowadays.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Will be another mediocre coach. Just like Seedorf, Mihajlovic, Brocchi, Inzaghi, Montella, Gatusso, Giampaolo and now Pioli
At this point keep Pioli.

Pioli surprised me. He's good at preparing the games, making the line ups and usually doesn't fuck up the subs too much. He's showing an ability to know when to play which system, doesn't stick to one system only. We're playing way more vertically instead of horizontaly, approaching almost every game with the right intensity. There is an idea, a sense in our game. A handwriting. Something I always missed with Rino other than covering our defense and giving the ball to Suso. And after this year's derby loss we didn't implode like last year under Rino but actually showed a reaction that only Valeri denied to reward us with 3 points for.

I don't think we should keep him over a world class coach that has a track record and attracts bigger stars obviously. But if the alternative is a lateral move then I wouldn't be opposed to a permanence of Pioli. At least he'd give some continuity to a project.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
showed a reaction that only Valeri denied to reward us with 3 points for.

Rather, a foot in the Coppa finals in that case. Which if we face Inter or Napoli (the other semi) we would have an outside chance at winning the thing. But hey, FIGC says let's gift Juve the away goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule