The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:18   #22021
Kaka06/07
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
It’s simple...I won’t have to as they’re not dumb enough to hire him 😂 If they do, then I’m willing to pay for extended stays for both at the best psychiatric facility in Milano

Btw I’m still waiting for you to justify his selection. Why should a coach who finished 10th with Samp three times and has a comparable PPG to Miha/Zenga replace Gattuso who fell 1 point short? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to replace Suso/Hakan now that the squads accustomed to Gattuso’s system instead of changing things up?

Also, what makes you confident that Marco can fire us back into the CL with youngsters after failing to reach the Europa league with a young Samp? Do tell...

Kojak you are really starting to annoy me. Name a top coach who achieved before becoming a top coach. Conte, Mourinho pre chelski, Zidane, guardiola ect were all relatively unknown before becoming what they were. Would you like someone like Ranieri because he won the pl with a shut team. Or maybe villas boas because he was a young super coach. Picking a coach is not like scouting young players. There are so many things that need to be analysed. Maybe the club sees Marco as a tactically astute, able to maximise player potential and also maybe he does have the temperament. Tbh u no shit and just talk as if you do. Very frustrating.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:24   #22022
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
caldara was sold by jube because they knew about his injury prone condition. They scammed us yet again. confident With our Cb's? lol we still have Zapata. ofcourse we wouldn't be confident.
Didn't Caldara undergo a medical for us when he signed?
Old 04-06-2019, 11:41   #22023
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

La Gazzetta's analysis on a Giampaolo Milan:

Gazzetta - Giampaolo's Milan: Attacking midfielder, more space for Cutrone. And reinforcements arrive
04.06.2019 08:01 by Salvatore Trovato

His arrival has not yet been formalized (Maldini's new job must be announced first), but Giampaolo's Milan is already taking shape. As shown by La Gazzetta dello Sport, when the technician from Abruzzo takes the command of the operations he will be faced with players with well-defined characteristics. Some will struggle to adapt, others, instead, will take advantage of the change on the bench to aim for more space.

TREQUARTIST - No doubt that Giampaolo will pass from 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2. In this game system, Paquetà will act on the trocar behind the two strikers. Making yourself flexible for the new module will not be very convenient especially for external attackers: Calhanoglu could complete the transformation into a midfielder, but Suso, Castillejo and Borini would need a robust tactical restyling. Another question mark: Rodriguez. The Swiss is not exactly the kind of fullback that goes with the game of Giampaolo, he lacks a bit of "leg" in progression. The one that certainly has Conti, which could be a "revitalized" by the new technician

ATTACK AND MARKET - At the front, with the transition to the two points, Cutrone will certainly have more space. And who knows if the absence of another director does not raise the prices of Biglia. And from the Samp could get two pupils of Giampaolo, the defender Joachim Andersen and the midfielder Dennis Praet. Both would pass the "Gazidis test": the Danish central, 23 years old, the Belgian. Samp would like to make a total of 45-50 million from the combined sale, more or less equally distributed between the two.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:10   #22024
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka06/07 View Post
Kojak you are really starting to annoy me. Name a top coach who achieved before becoming a top coach. Conte, Mourinho pre chelski, Zidane, guardiola ect were all relatively unknown before becoming what they were. Would you like someone like Ranieri because he won the pl with a shut team. Or maybe villas boas because he was a young super coach. Picking a coach is not like scouting young players. There are so many things that need to be analysed. Maybe the club sees Marco as a tactically astute, able to maximise player potential and also maybe he does have the temperament. Tbh u no shit and just talk as if you do. Very frustrating.
You're a tough guy arent you

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

Old 04-06-2019, 12:11   #22025
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Gimme Tonali rumors!

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

Old 04-06-2019, 12:14   #22026
Noyon9s
Super Pippo <3

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo

I'm reading that Donna is being closely looked at by Utd, I say sell and promote Plizzari who is having a decent world cup.

I keep seeing that his sale would fund other moves, that is far from the most likely scenario, as his sale would be for FFP and likely go straight into the accounts. Thankfull GK is the only spot we don't need to sign a replacement for.

Signature
Old 04-06-2019, 12:19   #22027
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
Gimme Tonali rumors!

Old 04-06-2019, 12:19   #22028
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Slightly underwhelmed by the Schick-Silva swap rumours. Mental fortitude is one of the more important qualities for success.

If he is the fourth of five strikers for the two positions (1. Piatek, 2. Really good SS, 3. Cutrone and 5. Borini who will also cover fullback oppositions), then that might be ok, but I don't know how he is going to regain his confidence that led critics to describe him as a faster (but less strong) Ibrahimovic.

Signature
One promise that always remains
No matter the price
A promise to survive
Persevere and thrive
As we've always done
Old 04-06-2019, 12:20   #22029
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
It’s simple...I won’t have to as they’re not dumb enough to hire him �� If they do, then I’m willing to pay for extended stays for both at the best psychiatric facility in Milano
Excellent.

Quote:
Btw I’m still waiting for you to justify his selection. Why should a coach who finished 10th with Samp three times and has a comparable PPG to Miha/Zenga replace Gattuso who fell 1 point short? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to replace Suso/Hakan now that the squads accustomed to Gattuso’s system instead of changing things up?

Also, what makes you confident that Marco can fire us back into the CL with youngsters after failing to reach the Europa league with a young Samp? Do tell...
But Kojak, I'm not really interested in justifying these things.. Most things I like in Serie A are based on watching games. If I like a manager's tactical philosophy and ability to grow players, I generally end up wishing they'd come to Milan. Giampaolo has been top of my list for many years.

A very long list of things beyond the manager's control influence statistical factors (especially in provincial clubs), so I don't really consider that. I like to look at how a particular manager suits Milan's particular situation, and I think Gazidis'/Maldini's way of analyzing this would be similar. For instance, Sarri would be a misfit here right now - a wholesale change of players would be required to make his tenure a success.

I think Gattuso was a pretty good manager for Milan at the moment as well. But like I said around this time last summer, if we were to replace Gattuso, my first pick would be Giampaolo. Tactically he's stronger, while not as much of a 'friendly brother' as Gattuso was to the squad (both are great qualities). Further, Gattuso has the burden of being an ex-player, which I think puts a lot of unwanted pressure on the manager. Both of them have a decent chance of growing a young squad over the next 2-3 seasons, gradually getting us to a trophy competing level.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 04-06-2019 at 12:23.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:20   #22030
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyon9s View Post
I'm reading that Donna is being closely looked at by Utd, I say sell and promote Plizzari who is having a decent world cup.

I keep seeing that his sale would fund other moves, that is far from the most likely scenario, as his sale would be for FFP and likely go straight into the accounts. Thankfull GK is the only spot we don't need to sign a replacement for.

Plizzari: "I don't know what will happen in the future and Donnarumma remains the absolute number one. I only know that Milan is focusing a lot on me and that it would be a dream to retrace his steps, both for the Rossoneri and Italy."
Old 04-06-2019, 12:20   #22031
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:

Lol are you for real? Are you even aware that Conte won Serie B promotions with two different teams and won Serie A with a Juve side that previously finished 7th? Allegri won a Serie C championship and was named Coach of the Year managing Cagliari before joining us. Oh yeah, Mourinho just happened to win the fucking CL with Porto in his “pre Chelski” days These are the characteristics of a promising Manager - winning trophies & awards at every level. Even Gasperini managed to qualify for CL with Atalanta despite losing key players every year. What the fuck has Giampaolo ever done besides getting fired? Somebody posted his coaching resume yesterday and it read like a horror story

Also, in case you hadn’t been following Milan over the last few years, we’ve tried newbie coaches and midtable coaches like Montella/Miha and none have managed to qualify for CL. Therefore, why should we gamble on another midtable coach who never achieved anything with Samp and has a similar PPG tally to Miha/Zenga?

Its time to hire a real coach just like our competitors have been doing all these years. It’s no coincidence that Juve, Napoli, Inter etc have all been CL regulars since hiring Conte/Allegri/Sarri/Benitez/Ancelotti/Spalletti. If we can’t afford a top coach, there’s plenty better suited than Giampaolo who’ve achieved CL qualification before e.g. Spalletti, EDF, Benitez, Garcia, Ranieri, Mazzarri.

Last edited by Kojak; 04-06-2019 at 12:23.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:25   #22032
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

How about we get niang back to play SS? He had a great year.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:25   #22033
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Juventus will be crazy to sell Kean after his performances in the last 6 months. Also, minimum 70-80 million.

How can they sell him if hes running out of contract?

Get him fo free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2019, 12:30   #22034
Kaka06/07
National Team Player

Quote:

Lol are you for real? Are you even aware that Conte won Serie B promotions with two different teams and won Serie A with a Juve side that previously finished 7th? Or what about Allegri who won a Serie C championship and was named Coach of the Year managing Cagliari before joining us? Oh yeah, Mourinho just happened to win the fucking CL with Porto in his “pre Chelski” days These are the characteristics of a promising Manager - winning trophies & awards at every level. Even Gasperini managed to qualify for CL with Atalanta despite losing key players every year. What the fuck has Giampaolo ever done besides getting fired? Somebody posted his coaching resume yesterday and it read like a horror story

Also, in case you hadn’t been following Milan over the last few years, we’ve tried newbie coaches and midtable coaches like Montella/Miha and none have managed to qualify for CL. Therefore, why should we gamble on another midtable coach who never achieved anything with Samp and has a similar PPG tally to Miha/Zenga?

Its time to hire a real coach just like our competitors have been doing all these years. It’s no coincidence that Juve, Napoli, Inter etc have all been CL regulars since hiring Conte/Allegri/Sarri/Benitez/Ancelotti/Spalletti. If we can’t afford a top coach, there’s plenty better suited than Giampaolo who’ve achieved CL qualification before e.g. Spalletti, EDF, Benitez, Garcia, Ranieri, Mazzarri.
Lol u prove my point. All those examples u used were after them coaches proved them self. If you looked one step before you would see that they had not done so.

It was that step at a big club (i.e. Porto and Jive where they excelled). Characteristics of somebody before they have achieved is not necessarily that they have won lol. If you think sacci or capello had done much before managing here u are crazy. I have followed Milan closely for a long time. Been through the highes and through the Li days. What I like about this is that I feel in 5 years with this plan we can be cl semi finalist's plus.

Btw if you want seri c and b promotions as a basis. Look at Marcos assistant coaching record in his early managing career. And then look into it some more and tell me. The reason they don't show on his record has something to do with the 2006 season. Look into that please. I like this guy because he is a fighter.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:42   #22035
Milanista92
AC Milan Icon

Lol if we let bakayoko go and don't bring in tonali I might jump off a balcony

Signature
get Borini off my team
Old 04-06-2019, 12:47   #22036
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Lol u prove my point. All those examples u used were after them coaches proved them self. If you looked one step before you would see that they had not done so.

It was that step at a big club (i.e. Porto and Jive where they excelled). Characteristics of somebody before they have achieved is not necessarily that they have won lol. If you think sacci or capello had done much before managing here u are crazy. I have followed Milan closely for a long time. Been through the highes and through the Li days. What I like about this is that I feel in 5 years with this plan we can be cl semi finalist's plus.

Btw if you want seri c and b promotions as a basis. Look at Marcos assistant coaching record in his early managing career. And then look into it some more and tell me. The reason they don't show on his record has something to do with the 2006 season. Look into that please. I like this guy because he is a fighter.
Lol reading this gave me a migraine. You asked me to name a top coach who’d achieved something before and I gave you several examples. Both Conte + Allegri won league titles in the lower divisions and coaching awards managing shit teams. Therefore, their subsequent success isn’t that surprising. But it’s not just all about winning trophies. Gasperini has finished 4th with Atalanta twice and reached a cup final knocking out defending champions Juve. So I’ll ask again, what the hell has Marco ever done?

Btw his assistant coaching record is meaningless because he wasn’t the main Coach! E.g. I’m pretty sure Mourinho didn’t take credit for Van Gaal winning the league when he was his assistant at Barca. Instead, he went out on his own and won multiple CL and league titles in different leagues. Meanwhile, Giampaolo hasn’t ever been able to qualify for the Europa league
Old 04-06-2019, 12:52   #22037
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

can we rename Kojak to... the special one

lowercase s

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
Old 04-06-2019, 12:53   #22038
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

General neruda sounds good no

Old 04-06-2019, 12:55   #22039
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
General neruda sounds good no

?

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
Old 04-06-2019, 12:56   #22040
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
How can they sell him if hes running out of contract?

Get him fo free

He had renewed few weeks back. No way Juve would let him go for free. In many ways, he's more valuable for them than Cristiano is.

Signature
Closed Thread