The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 20-10-2019, 14:37   #15421
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

we also spent 200m once

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:14   #15422
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
we also spent 200m once
That was with bonuses, I think it actually comes in under 200m. 188m.without bonuses

We signed 15 players across all sectors of the various teams, works out to be 12.5m per player. Obviously take away the youth players, the 11 first team squad players and it works out to be about 17m per player

And for you net spent fanboys, we were in the red for 150m that summer. When factor in bonuses it was about 170m in the red for the summer.

Liverpool still spent that on 4 players.
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:33   #15423
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

What's the point you're trying to make?

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:36   #15424
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

By the way, we've spent 24m on bench-rider Conti, 25m on Kalinic, 28m on brainless Kessie, 35m on cripple Caldara, 38 on Instaboi... and so on

Meanwhile Fraudiola has 500m in net spend (tell me more how that's not important) and can barely make it in CL

Signature

Last edited by Ronin; 20-10-2019 at 15:39.
Old 20-10-2019, 15:42   #15425
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
What? VVD, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Chamberlain and Wijnaldum cost 400 m. 8 players for 400 m means 50 m average. How is that not spending large sums?
So chinese idiots could have bought 4 50mln players + now paqueta and piatek + bennacer, hernandez, leao, rebic... and here u go... real team. But we spent 200+ mln on suuper shit like rr, hakan, kessie, mussa etc. Our fault.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:44   #15426
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
So chinese idiots could have bought 4 50mln players + now paqueta and piatek + bennacer, hernandez, leao, rebic... and here u go... real team. But we spent 200+ mln on suuper shit like rr, hakan, kessie, mussa etc. Our fault.
That's true but it has nothing to do with the discussion. Liverpool spent more than 500 m during the last 3 seasons (before the current one) and people are saying they did not spend a lot

Signature
Derbies Juventus, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Atalanta 5 games 1 point

Mid-table Torino, Sassuolo, Genoa, Bologna, Parma, Cagliari, Fiorentina, Udinese 6 games 9 points

Must-wins Verona, Lecce, Brescia, Spal, Samp 4 games 10 points

Total 20 points
69 points available
Minimum 72 points needed for top 4
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:46   #15427
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
What's the point you're trying to make?
Sorry net spender, should I put up a spreadsheet for you.

LIVERPOOL SPENT 200M ON 4 PLAYERS. HOW IS THAT NOT SPENDING BIG?
Old 20-10-2019, 15:48   #15428
Ronin
Milansochist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanUNoTouch View Post
Sorry net spender, should I put up a spreadsheet for you.

LIVERPOOL SPENT 200M ON 4 PLAYERS. HOW IS THAT NOT SPENDING BIG?
"big" is relative

how much did their competitors spend?

Signature
Old 20-10-2019, 15:49   #15429
leaf
Dead man walking

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

I think a lot of us (myself included) need to get away from the.mentality that you are almost guaranteed to get a world class player for 30M. That paradigm is over.

Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:53   #15430
Ronin
Milansochist

Feels like I'm talking to members of the Flat Earth movement

Signature
Old 20-10-2019, 15:54   #15431
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Free players, youth players, 25m players, 50m players, does it really matter? I think great coach is the most important thing. Freaking atalanta build their squad from scrap and look what gasperini did with them
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:00   #15432
Neo'82
Always On Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
I think a lot of us (myself included) need to get away from the.mentality that you are almost guaranteed to get a world class player for 30M. That paradigm is over.
De Bruyne when he went from Chelsea to Wolfsburg for a mere 20m. Factor in the historically great AC Milan tax and that deal could have been done for 30m.

It's about having the right talent spotters that are able to see the ideal characteristics in players with big potential for this current Milan.

Milan is currently a steeping stone club in it's current plight. WC can only be developed in house currently(over time)

Signature
Do not show yourself as a 6th place team. We do not accept that kind of position - Paolo Maldini -
Neo'82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:04   #15433
Pingu
Theonomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
It's about having the right talent spotters
Clearly management haven't been hiring within the realms of this forum. Everyone seems to be an expert on talent.

Signature
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:05   #15434
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

If someone give me time machine, I would still bought Hakan, Kessie, Conti, RR etc. And I bet that many of us would do the same.
Before 3-4 years, I would kill to have Hakan in team because he was insane talent in Bayer. And I was super happy when I saw that we bought him for only 25m.

In that time, most transfers looked perfectly fine. But how the hell every player turn into flop here, it's a mistery.

Only bad move was Kalinić and Biglia but Montella insist to have them.. and you sometimes have to listen coach, especially because Auba refuse us so we needed to find an alternative.
Ok and Borini either, I forgot about him. But at least he was cheap and sometimes useful.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:14   #15435
Neo'82
Always On Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Clearly management haven't been hiring within the realms of this forum. Everyone seems to be an expert on talent.
It'll also take 'time' to see the fruits of the talent within management.

Signature
Do not show yourself as a 6th place team. We do not accept that kind of position - Paolo Maldini -
Neo'82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:15   #15436
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
"big" is relative

how much did their competitors spend?
I don't care, what xyz123 spent, but too say Liverpool haven't spent big is utter nonsense.

How many other teams paying over 140m for a keeper and 1 CB. You acting like that happens all the time.
Old 20-10-2019, 16:24   #15437
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Why would you even think that in the first place?
Old 20-10-2019, 16:48   #15438
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
That's true but it has nothing to do with the discussion. Liverpool spent more than 500 m during the last 3 seasons (before the current one) and people are saying they did not spend a lot
Then did. But they also EARN A LOT. We spent like 350mln to have a mediocre team for 6th place in mediocre serie a. Let that sink in people...

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 20-10-2019, 16:51   #15439
mrki
AC Milan Icon

I would never pay fir a turkish player "proven" in bundesliga and gave him no.10 of Milan. Ever.

Id buy Conti, yes. But Conti got badly injured...
Id also buy Bonucci, yes.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 20-10-2019, 16:53   #15440
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka92 View Post
If someone give me time machine, I would still bought Hakan, Kessie, Conti, RR etc. And I bet that many of us would do the same.
Before 3-4 years, I would kill to have Hakan in team because he was insane talent in Bayer. And I was super happy when I saw that we bought him for only 25m.

In that time, most transfers looked perfectly fine. But how the hell every player turn into flop here, it's a mistery.

Only bad move was Kalinić and Biglia but Montella insist to have them.. and you sometimes have to listen coach, especially because Auba refuse us so we needed to find an alternative.
Ok and Borini either, I forgot about him. But at least he was cheap and sometimes useful.
FWIW, I recall the board being puzzled by the Hakan purchase. People conceded that he had some talent and skill mostly centered around his free kicks (wow did he prove them wrong). Hakan, Kalinic, and Biglia = 60M lmbo
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote