Paolo Maldini Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
miami boys :thumbsup:

ps is not mls though, but second tier

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
miami boys :thumbsup:

ps is not mls though, but second tier

Oh well, its ok though until they get there the MLS have time to change their name to something more appropriate..like Maldini's League.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
http://www.football-italia.net/76683/maldini-galliani-milan-problem
?If Milan want to become great again they need clarity, ideas and investment,? said the Rossoneri legend who spent his entire career at the club.

?They need people who understand football, but at the moment this is lacking at Milan.

?Galliani is an excellent director, but probably is lacking somewhat in his understanding of football. He ought to be partnered by someone who can be better at evaluating players and deciding which ones are most suitable.?

#ShotsFired or sensationalist quote translation?

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
They need to start somewhere, so i really dont mind. When we will sack galliani, i expect maldini and nesta back in milan.It is just matter of time.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He gave many interviews...

Part 1:

Maldini: "I have my life and I'm fine. They called me often. Leonardo called me, then Allegri, Seedorf and finally Barbara Berlusconi. They wanted to involve me, but every time I said the same thing: 'If I can give something back to a society that has given me so much, I'll do it willingly.' But I want to decide with my own head. And this seems to be a complicated thing."

Maldini: "Berlusconi has made other choices. I saw him during my last game and since then we have never talked again. I know that Berlusconi is the person who decides, and when one never heard something from him in the last six years..."

Maldini: "At my time, Milan won because we had a great team. Milan was built by a company with an ambitious project and respect for the different roles in it. But now? The 2 CEO thing is something I do not like."

Maldini: "It's true that I was born in Milan, but the most important thing that I achieved in my life is the independence of my thoughts."

Maldini: "I know that it's easier to tell people you love that everything is well, but it's more useful to say the truth, to say how it is. My critical words are an act of love to the club that I still love."

Maldini: "If you want to return to be big again and to win international trophies, you need to root for a path, you need clear ideas. It needs people who know about football and at this time, this is exactly what the management of Milan is lacking."

Maldini: "Mihajlovic? Is not easy to get in a team like Milan, with a past so glorious. Milanello, San Siro, it's a heavy weigh to carry. I don't agree with the idea of ​​taking two rookies at a sensitive time like that in previous years at Milan (Seedorf & Inzaghi)."

Maldini: "However Clarence achieved incredible results. But now there is a need for a breaking element. And Mihajlovic is such an element."

Maldini: "If Milan want to become great again they need ideas and investment. Milan need people who understand football. Galliani is a great director, but he is lacking somewhat in understanding football."

Maldini: "Galliani need to be partnered by someone who is better at evaluating players and deciding which ones are most suitable.?

Part 2:

Maldini: "I don?t like the idea to be a coach, it?s just not my future. My father was a coach so there was a lot of moving around, not having a base."

Maldini: "I started playing when I was 10 for Milan and I quit when I was 41, so it?s a long, long career.?

Maldini: "I have other interests and business outside of football so I just want to have my own schedule and see what real life is. I can enjoy my family because I was away for so long. I play tennis. I love it. I did boxing for 3 years and that was very nice."

Maldini: "Milan are struggling... it?s going to take time. Maybe the project isn?t 100-per-cent clear.?

Maldini: "In my time everybody was working for trophies. I was lucky because I had great teammates, and a president who invested a lot in the team to be the best in the world."

Maldini: "I was very fortunate to work under so many managers, because I had Liedholm who explained to me football is just a game to enjoy. Sacchi took me onto a different level as did Capello and then Ancelotti, who had been a team-mate of mine."

Maldini: "It was perfect with Ancelotti. We think the same way about football. He?s a great guy. The relationship with Ancelotti never changed from being team-mates to him being a manager. The last seven years with him were probably the best of my career. It was a great time. We enjoyed everything about our life, not only the games and the victories but the day-to-day of working together."

Maldini: "Donnarumma? I was younger than him when I debuted (laughs). He?s very talented. It?s crazy. I knew a lot about Donnarumma before he made his debut because of my two sons and in the last year everyone talked about him. Goalkeeper is different role, it?s very complicated. He?s doing great things.?

Maldini: "The good thing about my career was I won five Champions League and played eight finals in 20 years. I started, I had a great team after 2 years and my last team was great. The longeivity at the top level, is what was best for me.?

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
B&G are so afraid of him. They know how much bigger he is than both of them, combined. Letting him back into the family would mean the end of Galliani.

And he's absolutely right about Galliani being a moron when it comes to football and players. He's shown that again and again
I just want him to retire, so that he can't continue ruining this beautiful club.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Part 1:

Maldini: "I have my life and I'm fine. They called me often. Leonardo called me, then Allegri, Seedorf and finally Barbara Berlusconi. They wanted to involve me, but every time I said the same thing: 'If I can give something back to a society that has given me so much, I'll do it willingly.' But I want to decide with my own head. And this seems to be a complicated thing."

Maldini: "Berlusconi has made other choices. I saw him during my last game and since then we have never talked again. I know that Berlusconi is the person who decides, and when one never heard something from him in the last six years..."

Maldini: "At my time, Milan won because we had a great team. Milan was built by a company with an ambitious project and respect for the different roles in it. But now? The 2 CEO thing is something I do not like."

Maldini: "It's true that I was born in Milan, but the most important thing that I achieved in my life is the independence of my thoughts."

Maldini: "I know that it's easier to tell people you love that everything is well, but it's more useful to say the truth, to say how it is. My critical words are an act of love to the club that I still love."

Maldini: "If you want to return to be big again and to win international trophies, you need to root for a path, you need clear ideas. It needs people who know about football and at this time, this is exactly what the management of Milan is lacking."

Maldini: "Mihajlovic? Is not easy to get in a team like Milan, with a past so glorious. Milanello, San Siro, it's a heavy weigh to carry. I don't agree with the idea of ​​taking two rookies at a sensitive time like that in previous years at Milan (Seedorf & Inzaghi)."

Maldini: "However Clarence achieved incredible results. But now there is a need for a breaking element. And Mihajlovic is such an element."

Maldini: "If Milan want to become great again they need ideas and investment. Milan need people who understand football. Galliani is a great director, but he is lacking somewhat in understanding football."

Maldini: "Galliani need to be partnered by someone who is better at evaluating players and deciding which ones are most suitable.?

Part 2:

Maldini: "I don?t like the idea to be a coach, it?s just not my future. My father was a coach so there was a lot of moving around, not having a base."

Maldini: "I started playing when I was 10 for Milan and I quit when I was 41, so it?s a long, long career.?

Maldini: "I have other interests and business outside of football so I just want to have my own schedule and see what real life is. I can enjoy my family because I was away for so long. I play tennis. I love it. I did boxing for 3 years and that was very nice."

Maldini: "Milan are struggling... it?s going to take time. Maybe the project isn?t 100-per-cent clear.?

Maldini: "In my time everybody was working for trophies. I was lucky because I had great teammates, and a president who invested a lot in the team to be the best in the world."

Maldini: "I was very fortunate to work under so many managers, because I had Liedholm who explained to me football is just a game to enjoy. Sacchi took me onto a different level as did Capello and then Ancelotti, who had been a team-mate of mine."

Maldini: "It was perfect with Ancelotti. We think the same way about football. He?s a great guy. The relationship with Ancelotti never changed from being team-mates to him being a manager. The last seven years with him were probably the best of my career. It was a great time. We enjoyed everything about our life, not only the games and the victories but the day-to-day of working together."

Maldini: "Donnarumma? I was younger than him when I debuted (laughs). He?s very talented. It?s crazy. I knew a lot about Donnarumma before he made his debut because of my two sons and in the last year everyone talked about him. Goalkeeper is different role, it?s very complicated. He?s doing great things.?

Maldini: "The good thing about my career was I won five Champions League and played eight finals in 20 years. I started, I had a great team after 2 years and my last team was great. The longeivity at the top level, is what was best for me.?

Maldini is a trophee chaser and not a Milan fan according a lot of members here :proud:

as always, Maldini is on point :thumbsup:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Maldini: "Time seems to stand still for me? People still call me Paolino because I started playing when I was 16. I?m now 47-years-old and the time has not stood still. I?m getting old too."

Maldini: "The possibility to choose my future is essential and I?ve chosen this way of life. In the past I was occupied with the team. Football made me grow as a person and gave me great satisfaction but then I decided to embark on a path of life beyond football."

Maldini: "When did I ?lose it?? Maybe in 2002 after the World Cup. I felt mistreated by the press, I always had respect from my teammates. The way that World Cup ended was not nice. I remember the last press conference when a journalist asked me if I felt committed."

Maldini: "My farewell match in 2009? I wasn?t expecting what I happened. What happened made me get far from that kind of world. No one in the club took a position [against the fans] and it was not a very nice thing."

Maldini: "If I?m holding grudge? No, maybe I did at first. When I was young I used to react immediately without counting to 10."

Maldini: "The person with whom I shared a lot of my career was Capello and in his last year at Milan we had a quarrel. I almost got my hands on him. I was disrespected. He believed that I had betrayed him but it wasn?t the case. I hated him for a few months and it passed with time."

Maldini: "The solidity of the family? The parents had their weight in my education. I have three sisters and two brothers. All in Milano. We keep the family together. I met my wife. We are here and I believe that it?s something to pass to the children."

Maldini: "If I?d replay the match against South Korea? Maybe, yes. I knew it could be my last match for Italy and it really was. I was hurt but in '94 I was close to winning the World Cup. But how can I complain about everything that football has given me?"

Maldini: ?If I was the most complete defender ever? I can?t answer that. I was born as a striker. I did my try-out at Milan without knowing my role."

Maldini: "Growing up I loved Juventus because of the 1978 World Cup when there were many Juve players in the national team."

Maldini: "If Romagnoli is the most promising defender in Italy? He and Rugani have proven to be promising. For Rugani, it?s not that bad that he doesn?t often play, he must learn many things. Rugani had a great teacher (Sarri). He and Romagnoli are the central defenders to bet on."

Maldini: "The strongest defender in Italy remains Barzagli as he has experience. He?s the best right now."

Maldini: "The modern game is related to attack and often forgets how to defend. The players are asked to do less in defense now. However in football, you only win if you have balance."

Maldini: "Berlusconi is a person who came to Milan and said that he wanted to build the best team in the world. With planning we managed to win everything. Now times are different, the road is not clear and the investments are not the same."

Maldini: ?If young players like Donna, DeSciglio, Calabria and Romagnoli can be compared with the situation of Maldini, Baresi and Tassotti? It?s always difficult to make comparisons. It was a different era. Sacchi had arrived and found a defense already in place. There were Nava, Galli and we were with 3 years of experience under Liedholm. We were ready, now there is another situation."

Maldini: "It?s said that a legend should work in the club. Milan have been fortunate to have so many great players. But haven?t kept up the tradition to remember the past and the Milan that there used to be. Like Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have done. My future? We?ll see, I don?t know.?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
My UEFA Champions League journey: Paolo Maldini
Published: Monday 14 December 2015, 9.22CET

"A number of my team-mates and I couldn't sleep for several months," Paolo Maldini told UEFA.com, happy that AC Milan eventually buried their memories of 2005.

"I think it has a lot to do with the genes," five-time winner Paolo Maldini told UEFA.com as he talked through how his UEFA Champions League adventure started at a very early age, having grown up with a ball at his feet.

In the video above, he discusses some of his fondest memories of Europe's top club competition, including AC Milan's victories under coach Arrigo Sacchi and their all-Italian decider against Juventus in 2003. And then there is the 2005 final against Liverpool, after which he admits "a number of my team-mates and I couldn't sleep for several months". However, those bad memories were put to bed in 2007.

Watch the video above to track Maldini's UEFA Champions League journey

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini(and Bobo's too) playlist 2007

TEkrKU4.png

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

*hugging my teddybear*

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
imagine going to vegas with these 3
tumblr_o2zrt7EFIH1uizeyeo1_540.jpg

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I was at this match Jasper! Maldini came off at HT & Vieri was hilarious. Shevchenko played well too

Nesta was supposed to be there, but seems he got replaced by Maldini a week or so before

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was at this match Jasper! Maldini came off at HT & Vieri was hilarious. Shevchenko played well too

Nesta was supposed to be there, but seems he got replaced by Maldini a week or so before

Nice :thumbsup:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE

would be amazing just to run into them in vegas...though I doubt they hang out playing the nickel slots like I do :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I can totally visualize Sheva playing the slot machines till the wee hours. Munching crisps from a scruffy tote bag next to him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Awesome picture!

Lucky bastard:D

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Not sure if this has been posted already.

Nike Euro 96 ad for Paolo Maldini

12803034_1057963557589753_3564655258837375491_n.jpg

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
There will never be another one like him. :star:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Miss him so much. Switching from posters with Maldini, Gattuso & Co to pictures with Balo and Boa makes me wanna puke :cry:

Schedule