Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It seems, that he is able to play everywhere on the pitch, just like urby...at every position can give something, nothing more-nothing less.

Versatile and mediocre....just like bertolacci. Nothing special.

WTF???:fp: Guy hasn't even played a single game for us and we get idiotic posts like this. No way in hell you can come to that conclusion after watching two lousy vids youtube.:lol: Fans these days...SMH

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
does anyone know how is defensive work rate is?

muntari doesn't do much so if swapped i assume it could only be positive, unless he really doesn't put in effort.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Great promise, tactically flexible, good technique. Also when was the last time we had a Giacomo?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
does anyone know how is defensive work rate is?

muntari doesn't do much so if swapped i assume it could only be positive, unless he really doesn't put in effort.

he is good in defensive, bonavultura has 2.3 tackles per game, better than poli, honda and ses.

Last edited:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
like i said... sounds like muntari.

One of our strongest shot, one of our smartest players who knows how to read defenses and attackers.

Don't deny it. Muntari has 1 major fault, trying to do too much and making a dumb play when he does. Rather that than the guy who hides. If you watched milan last two years he might have been our best mid. Montolivo was up and down. NDJ is good but limited. Led team in midfield in both tackles per minute and goals. And on and on.

But you know people hate on muntari cause of how he looks and the occasional dumb play. Can't argue w/ production.

:lol::lol::lol:

"occasional" dumb play

cassano1990

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
think we will have a good season and now monto back soon and des and ses need to stay fit we should be good, and make a good buy in jan too...i think we are stronger than inter and napoli...

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
If you watched milan last two years he might have been our best mid. Montolivo was up and down. NDJ is good but limited. Led team in midfield in both tackles per minute and goals. And on and on.

Pushing it.

I don't know where you got that info from about Muntari being the midfielder with the highest tackle/minute ratio. I really can't be arsed to track how many minutes Muntari/Nigel/Monto have played but when it comes to tackle/game ratio:

Muntari: 35 in 26 games: 1.20 pg
Monto: 54 in 29 games: 1.86 pg
Nigel: 56 in 33 games:1.70 pg

Avg duels won:

Muntari: 37%
Monto: 48%
Nigel: 48%

Avg defensive actions per game (blocks, interceptions and clearances):

Muntari: 1 pg
Monto: 3 pg
Nigel: 5 pg

Chances created (assists + keypasses):

Muntari: 29 in 26 games: 1.1 pg
Monto: 44 in 29 games: 1.5 pg
Nigel: 20 in 33 games: 0.6 pg

Avg pass accuraccy:

Muntari: 79%
Monto: 85%
Nigel: 91%

Goals scored:

Muntari: 5
Monto: 3
Nigel: 2

2013/2014 season stats
Source:
Squawka

--------

This is coming from someone who actually likes and rates Muntari aswell. But 'best midfielder' is based on nothing. He's clearly going to be competing with Bonaventura for the lcm spot, and my gut tells me the substantial investment has some kind of advantage over Muntari.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pushing it.

I don't know where you got that info from about Muntari being the midfielder with the highest tackle/minute ratio. I really can't be arsed to track how many minutes Muntari/Nigel/Monto have played but when it comes to tackle/game ratio

this ratio is bullshit because it treats a 5 min sub as same as 90 mins.

look up total tackles and divide it w/ minutes.

Basic arithmetic.

None of it says he's a better anchor, but he does rack up tackles.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
P

cause im nice :)
http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/152681

De jong- 2801, 73 tackles: 2.3 per 90 mins
montolivo- 2411 mins, 78 tackles: 2.1 per 90
Muntari- 1571, 56 tackles: 3.2 tackles per 90

Raw numbers off whoscored. Minutes off official tally.

#MAth

Should note, De Jong had a shit ton of interceptions as anchor types do... sit back read, cut off. Muntari is a seek and destroy type

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Pushing it.

I don't know where you got that info from about Muntari being the midfielder with the highest tackle/minute ratio. I really can't be arsed to track how many minutes Muntari/Nigel/Monto have played but when it comes to tackle/game ratio:

Avg duels won:

Muntari: 37%
Monto: 48%
Nigel: 48%

Avg defensive actions per game (blocks, interceptions and clearances):

Muntari: 1 pg
Monto: 3 pg
Nigel: 5 pg

Chances created (assists + keypasses):

Muntari: 29 in 26 games: 1.1 pg
Monto: 44 in 29 games: 1.5 pg
Nigel: 20 in 33 games: 0.6 pg

Avg pass accuraccy:

Muntari: 79%
Monto: 85%
Nigel: 91%

Goals scored:

Muntari: 5
Monto: 3
Nigel: 2

2013/2014 season stats
Source:
Squawka

--------

This is coming from someone who actually likes and rates Muntari aswell. But 'best midfielder' is based on nothing. He's clearly going to be competing with Bonaventura for the lcm spot, and my gut tells me the substantial investment has some kind of advantage over Muntari.

Youve been on fire like accidentally sitting on an ant hill :thumbsup:

Completetly agree except for the last part. I can bet up until december issh, muntari will start more games than jack

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cause im nice :)
http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/152681

De jong- 2801, 73 tackles: 2.3 per 90 mins
montolivo- 2411 mins, 78 tackles: 2.1 per 90
Muntari- 1571, 56 tackles: 3.2 tackles per 90

Raw numbers off whoscored. Minutes off official tally.

#MAth

Should note, De Jong had a shit ton of interceptions as anchor types do... sit back read, cut off. Muntari is a seek and destroy type

Fair enough. Still, mentioning a selective set of statistics like you did in your original post isn't exactly stellar 'proof' towards your claim of 'Muntari our best mid'. Like you said, different role, you're going to have betters numbers in different stats.

There's also a reason why Nigel and Montolivo played that amount of minutes more than Muntari. ;) Plus why we reinforced cm rather than dm. Whether you agree with Nigel cdm or not, Allegri, Clarence and Pippo believe in it, which is telling. Same with Montolivo playing 90 when he's fit.

Muntari imo is the perfect backup/bench player. In an ideal world.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
> Suggesting Muntari is good.

FYvlKgx.gif

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Muntari is a good player.

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
On top of that De Jong and Montolivo don´t get red cards for stupid tackles whereas Muntari is a ticking bomb.
He is definitely a good player to have but choosing Monto and Nigel over him is a no brainer.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
From these stats you can see ndj role...great defensive mid and useless when it comes to attacking phase.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
suggesting muntari is not good = eat shit and die

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Muntari has skills, the same way that Giaccherini has skills. For some coaches a more balanced player can improve the team tremendously by giving more stability and helping both offensively and defensively. Other times, when you lack in a particular department, a player that is very skilled in that one department is like water in the desert.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I agree 100% with senatore, muntari has been clutch for us in these past two years.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
People forget his horrible performances :lol: God damn :lol:

Absolute shit and should be the first one from this team to be sold (lol) /released.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Big game player. Deal with it.

Schedule