Galliani "Milan will sign Beckham, Figo or Ronaldo&quot

Which one should we sign?

• Total voters

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
AC Milan vice-president Adraino Galliani says his club will sign one of three huge stars this summer.

He also spoke about the future of Rivaldo, who has had a disappointing first season at the club.

"Beckham, Figo or Ronaldo, one of them will wear glorious AC Milan shirt," he said. "Rivaldo will be free to choose his destiny. We'll be pleased if he remains."

While Beckham and Figo have regularly been linked with Milan in the past, Ronaldo is a new name, but a signing that would be particularly sweet for the club's fans given that he previously played for Inter.

IMO I don't want any of these guys. I say spend the 50,000 on Chivu, Mexes, and Ze Roberto.

But if I had to choose it's between Beckham and Figo. I'd rather have Figo, but he's getting older & Beckham is much younger. I certainly don't want "Chunky R" - I guess my votes for Figo.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
schild89.gif

...Galliani...

Yes, Fígo's older but I think Becks will be a total flop outside the EPL so I guess my vote goes for the 30 year old *geezer* since there's no "none of the above" or "I hope I'm dreaming this" vote...

Seamus said:
While Beckham and Figo have regularly been linked with Milan in the past, Ronaldo is a new name, but a signing that would be particularly sweet for the club's fans given that he previously played for Inter.
That's what I call pure comedic relief...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo would be a good FU to Inter though, what did he play 10 games or them over 3 years? We could get that out of him in 1 or 2 months -

I heard that Milan wanted to see how Ronaldo was doing so they hooked him up to the Milan lab and the machine broke :tongue:

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
well, if we can't stop galliani [we should start campaigning, btw], i'd say becks is the lesser of all evils. why should he be useless in serie A? all he's expected to deliver are crosses and freekicks, he can do that in any team anywhere in the universe. and milan would benefit from the occasional decent cross or freekick goal, they might even start winning 2 games consecutively. :o

Reaction score
if milano signed one of those three ,i think figo would be the closer to play for us as madrid is targeting beckam .Of course i dont think the rumour concerning ronaldo is true .
figo would be a good addition to the team (better than beck to me) and if rivaldo stayed ,we will have the same midfield as barca few yrs ago which was working quite well

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
rivaldo2003 said:
and if rivaldo stayed ,we will have the same midfield as barca few yrs ago which was working quite well

yes, but this is not then. plus we don't have guardiola anno 99.
there's a major difference between the riva, figo and guardiola of 99 and the ones of 03.

want to sign someone really really expensive, eh adriano? get joaquin.
this guys will fluke just like riva (figo and ronaldo, maybe even worse)
:head: :head: :head:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Well, I couldn't care less 'cause I don't like any of these players :rolleyes: And if Galliani has any brains in his head, he would realize that players are not our problem ... How many times are they gonna make the same mistakes of getting more and more stars to the team?!
At the beginning of this season we got Seedorf and Rivaldo who are two of the best players but still the team didn't win anything ... Players get injured, they have circumstances sometimes that don't let them give what they're really capable of and the two examples are Seedorf and Rivaldo! The players who were our glowing new stars at the beginning of the season ... And now what? Now Seedorf's injured and Rivaldo is having some really bad times and a bad period in his personal and proffesional life, thus, goodbye stars!! Now we are in serious trouble in the midfield and here comes the role of the COACH who is supposed to make the best of what he has ... And REAL good coaches like Del Neri for example get their teams to the top without having Roni or whoever other superman :rolleyes: I don't know when will these people understand that stars DO NOT get championships!! A team is a combination of a good coach who knows how to translate the strength points of the team on the field, and who knows how to cover their weaknesses with the weapons he has without needing to have such big names ... It's not a matter of Beckham or Figo because we have Rui, we have Pirlo, we have Rino and Max who are in my opinion 1000000 times better than those who haven't even tried to put their feet in a Serie A match!! As players, and even the best players find difficulties to adapt with the very different style of our league ... Milan don't have the time to babysit those new comers!! We have wasted a lot of time giving chances to those who don't deserve them and now we're suffering as a result ...
I don't really care if they'll get Figo or superman himself ... I just know one thing: If this season finished without CL then Carletto can show his back to the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!!

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i found it kinda shocking about ronaldo, becoz what the hell was he thinking of planning to buy ronaldo anyway? may be the guy just smoked some weed and made a statement right after that :D :D
anyhoo, beckham and figo story is not a new news anymore, i dont give a damn about them, one thing for sure they will be useless... if we wanna find someone, find a super right back and we'll be fine...
one more thing, kaka in my cm is one hell of a player hehe :D

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I vote with both my hands for every Kyara's word.

But If Beckham joins Milan I will be very glad.

I do not want to see Figo in Milan cause he is quite old for Seria A and for Milan. Milan has enough old players and I am sure that nobody wants to see Milan becoming some type of asylum for oldsters.
:devil3: :devil3: :devil3:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Well im not pleased he has mentioned those three as any one of them will take a considerable chunk of our transfer budget, but out of them i think Figo is the most versatile, we may be able to get 3 years out of him...

The thing i worry about Figo, however, is he may become another Rivaldo case, and just flop in the Serie A and lose his Madrid/Barcelona brilliance...

This statement could also confirm one of many rumours circulating about the three players...

1) If we sign Figo, Real will sign Beckham

2) It will confirm the theory about our interest in Beckham

3) If we sign Ronaldo, then Shevchenko may go the other way to Madrid, which was a rumour thats been around for months

personally i think it may be a surprise, Sheva may be considered better than Ronaldo by the Madrid board and that transfer could take place, Figo and Beckham though are more obvious signings that would strengthen our right-side

If anyone i'd say Figo, but i would prefer some younger players. :cool:

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I would say Figo but he is getting on and the transfer speculation was over Beckham leaving Man U which seems more likely. I also think we need a midfielder rather than a striker. I would prefer someone young as in under 25 for gods sake but uno maybe Galliani was bored, stoned as mtfco said or maybe he wants to sign one of these but if he will? well then lets just see. :rolleyes:

terra-ade

Primavera
Reaction score
well, i'd prefer figo than ther names. let see. ronaldo? naa. i bet we're just gonna waste the money. who can guess he gonna always play? 2 years injured is a huge problem man! remember redondo? otherwise we already have sheva, inzaghi and promising boriello.

beck? yes he's much younger. but i don't think english players will play good in serie A. In england, they play more with speed and power, while in serie A,they play more with skill. but he can be a considerable signing.

i'd preferfigolike i said. why? because he has skill, speed and technique. he also a hardworker. and i remeber once, figo said he always dreamed toplay in the same club with rui costa. so, figo is the best. i don't see his age as a problem. maldini is 34, billy costacurta is 37 and rui costa is 30 you see.

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
:conf: oh my God!!!
Pls Galliani... none of them! :mad:

Anyway... should I chose one... I prefer to chose who avoid:
RONALDO!
I hate that silly guy! :o

Better either the blond gorgeous Rockstar or the old cantankerous grand-father!!!

PB

Beginner
Reaction score
Ronaldo: He is great, amazing but you never know what's going to do. I think it would be great but it would mean that milan would sell Sheva :head: and I don't know.

Figo: He was great but he can not play anymore a competition as hard as calcio. He has a lot of matches totally dissapeared, but if he gets the aid of other great players as in Real Madrid could be good despite his age. :rolleyes:

Beckham: From the three my favourite, he is not as good than the other two but he is younger than Figo and he hadn't any injury like Ronaldo. He has played quite good this year against Juventus and his skills (great crosing pass, quickly moving the ball, shooting) are good enough to make the field bigger that is the thing we need now. If we sign him our image will considerably increase. :devil2:

Força Milan, Go for CL!!!

Reaction score
I really don't understand Galliani saying this, I think its a very stupid thing to say. Is he just saying this for public consumption, to make it look like that Milan will go for really big names this summer ? It makes no sense at all.

1. Beckscum is going to Madrid, its a done deal.

2. This would make Figo available I guess but Figo is well past his best, although this season he's been ok, nothing to make a lot of teams interested in him.

3. Ronaldo ? Yeah right, there is no way on this earth Madrid will sell him after only 1 season there. Its ridiculous.

Based on the above, Figo is the only realistic move for Milan, but is it likely ? Hardly. Something very strange is going on for Galliani to say this :(

Reaction score
fbvanBasten said:
Ha...ha...ha....Galliani is really a good comedian. Instead of buying those three, he will definitely get Kaka, Chivu, and VDV.

i would rather those three than ronaldo,beckham and figo. they are ageing too quickly n are not suited to the serie a.

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
04/30/2003. Summer 2000: Luis Figo. Summer 2001: Zinedine Zidane. Summer 2002: Ronaldo. Since he was elected chairman of Real Madrid, Florentino Perez made a stellar purchase every single summer. Now he's looking forward for the fourth, and the choice should be made among David Beckham, Andryi Shevchenko and Christian Vieri.

The most likely candidate seems to be Beckham: yesterday, in a statement published on Real's official website, the Spanish club officially denied to be interested in the Manchester United superstar, but everybody knows that the same thing happened last year with Ronaldo…Beckham repeatedly stated that he would be happy to wear Real's jersey, and his evaluation (60 million Euros) doesn't seem to frighten Perez. In order to take him at the Bernabeu, Perez could sell one of his stars, perhaps Figo, who also plays on the right wing.

As for Shevchenko, it's no secret that Real love him. Most likely, Milan will sell the Ukrainian striker at the end of the season, and in this case Real could propose a swap with either Figo or Morientes. But Milan could even ask for Ronaldo, who doesn't seem to be inserted perfectly inside the locker room of the Merengues, although it's very unlikely that Perez will decide this way.

Last but not least, Christian Vieri. It's true that Inter don't have any intention to trade their superstar, but in case the Nerazzurri won't win anything this season either, chairman Moratti could decide to make some major change inside the team. If the Serie A topscorer decided to leave Inter, Real would be ready to make an offer in order to rebuild the offensive duo Vieri-Ronaldo the Inter fans have rarely seen in the last seasons. Once again, Morientes could be the player offered by Real, but the Nerazzurri would rather ask for Figo, the perfect choice in order to solve their huge problems on the right wing.

soccerage.com

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well now... Those guys are really, REALLY getting ridiculous...

How about this much simpler equation:

Bitch Vieri* (Van NistelPoof wanna him) or Recoba or <pffffwhatever> goes to Manure in exchange of Beckscum (who's agent, oops wife, has checked out houses where the Merdazzurri reside + the merdas told that they can afford him)

Either:
Morientes goes to Roma (who tried to get him on loan earlier this year) in exchange of Samuel (who wants to leave and Real are interested). Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man stays with Madrid (even though everyone hates him)
or:
Morientes stays in Madrid and waits for Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man to explode (which will happen sooner than later). Madrid are back to the Moro-Raúl partnership that their fans have grown to know and love.
or:
Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and goes anywhere in the EPL (except Newcastle, for god's sakes NOT the Magpies) or joins Gazza in China so they can be eating buddies in those all-you-can-eat restaurants.

Figo stays in Madrid. He wasn't going to leave anyway.

Sheva stays in Milan. I don't think he's leaving anyway.

And everybody lives happily ever after...

* If it's Bitch Vieri instead of a mf, Manure will go after Quaresma or Ballack or Aimar or Nedved or whomever they say they are intrested in that particular day.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i voted for beckham. not because i like him, but because ronaldo or figo couldn't do any good to the team

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No vote from me.. cause i really not quite believe those three players can suit for Milan.... or Serie A :head:

So no vote from me....

Reaction score
Where did you read that bullsshit???

We need none of these guys. Beckam is not good enough and Carletto doesnt want this guy into the team. Figo is too old (Madrid would certainly be happy to sell Milan this living crap). Ronaldo will surely get some serious injury very soon...

So all this is surely some kind of joke. Milan official website didnt mention these projects.
What we need is a real winger, and a full right back (get Lucio in, he is great).

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't know if I must take this serious...
but if I must choose I choos Beckham.
Ronaldo is not as good as he was and he has a lot of injury's
Figo may be to old now
and Beckham is a great player too we can get a lot of english fans to us now

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
since when did galliani start talking about who the club was going to purchase? once which i can remember. it was the whole cannavaro business where we ended up fooling inter to go for the older cannavaro and leaving nesta in peace. a week later, we purchased nesta.
so maybe this is alla a scam to trick inter into purchasing that carppay old figo.. or something.

p.s. i'm not sure i believe my own theses myself :rolleyes:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually I change my vote to beckham - not because it seams to be the popular thing to do but because out of the 3, Beckham can give us 2 things we don't really have. Someone that can send in perfect crosses almost every time and a devistating free kick taker. If he can do 2 things it's cross and take devistating free kicks.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
If we sign any one of those three......not only will I not like it, but I am sure they will not either. Look no further than Rivaldo......None of those 3 can live with the expectations that will be bestowed upon them. I had to vote for Becks tho......he is the youngest, but I am sure that the only one of them that could possibly come here is Figo.....

We need to forget about these forgotten ghosts and get some young blood.