Sweden - Senegal

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
fifaworldcup.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweden and Senegal not so far away

On the surface Sweden and Senegal are as different as night and day. The geographical distance alone between the tip of West Africa and Northern Europe’s Scandinavia is massive. But the clash of contrasts and superficial differences will end when the two sides meet on 16 June in Oita.
Senegal far from being the strictly creative, stereotypically “African” squad at the finals have in fact proven themselves a cohesive, solid unit to rival either of the remaining Viking survivors –surely with a bit of spice to boot.

As Sweden’s lack of star power and appeal to a coherent team-style is well documented, two of Senegal’s five first round goals reflect a break in the commonly held view that African football is merely a festival of the individual and weak on tactical meat.

If the African upstarts first goal against France was something of a fluke, or the result of holders’ jitters, their second in a 1-1 draw with second-round bound, Scandinavian side Denmark proved a stunning example of a European style tactical buildup. The play developed deep in Senegal’s end, before the ball took a tortuous route to goal, finally culminating with a cheeky, teasing little tap in from Salif Diao.

And again five days later against gallant Uruguay, Senegal proved no one-trick African pony with a similar strike from Papa Bouba Diop on the end of a surging sweep from the back in a 3-3 draw.

But if their two amazing team-worked goals offer a glimpse into the African football of tomorrow, respectful of the mores and values of Northern Europe’s team tactics, Senegal’s surrender of a 3-0 lead to the shrewd South Americans may signal a break in the well-weaved fabric.

If Sweden are the archetypal team-centric Nordic unit, fancy Senegal have one or two players in particular who stick their heads up a bit above the pack in Liverpool-bound El Hadji Diouf and Auxerre’s Khalilou Fadiga.

And with Freddie Ljungberg – arguably Sweden’s only “star” - injured we will simply have to wait and see which version of teamwork pays the best dividends. Sweden’s purist delight of collective coherence, or Senegal’s with flashy bits of unrepentant brilliance?

Rex

Reaction score
Sweden and Senegal is managing team game which somewhat similar. They count on phyisical and always work hard in all sides. Sweden's Larsson and Senegal's El Hadji Diouf will become motor of team games each. It will be good sight, if Senegal can paly ofensively than that of their qualifying matches, just counted on the counter-attack. Sweden succeded on their style while we could see the victim of England, Nigeria and Argentina. As in my eyes the final result of qualifying where put them on top of group with 5 points is make me wonder they had not much score the goal. Fancy Senegal can be given attention for Sweden clash, Is Diouf can make another surprise to drop Sweden down like what they did in France match??That's what I'm waiting for.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wont vote on this topic because i like both of the teams and i'll get happy whatever the result gets.

P.S. Larsson IS NOT the motor of Sweden.. in fact He Sucks! i just wanted to tell you that because some of you think that he is the star of sweden just because he had a good season at Celtic.

Right now the playmaker of Sweden is Anders Svensson, seen scoring in the Argentina-game.

It would also be great to see Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the game... he has "different" type of play then the other swedes.

Good luck to both of the teams!

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
I tipped Senegal. They are more used to the warmer conditions, and have had a good run so far. Very unlucky against Uruguay.

Serbian Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WHAT IS NOW SHARATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SENEGAL WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you tell me
"ha ha ha!
what planet are you from man!? only thing you are missing is "senegal on top of the world" do you really think senegal will beat denmark!? ha ha ha
and why do you underestimate denmark so much?... what kind of things you can hear here!!!
ha ha ha"

WHAT IS NOW????????????????????

WHERE ARE YOU?

I CAN"T HEAR YOU!

YOU ARE SO QUIET!

bla bla bla... what planet are you from man? ...shit shit shit... only thing you are missing is "senegal on top of the world"...

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
any problem SR?

SR said:
bla bla bla... what planet are you from man? ...shit shit shit... only thing you are missing is "senegal on top of the world"...
what do you want to say with this?

and i won't say anything about denmark

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Serbian Rossoneri said:
do you give me title "spammer"!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
no, i can't do that. i am just a moderator. all i can do is edit/delete/move other people's posts.

and even if i could do that, i wouldn't rank somebody as a spammer only because of difference of opinion regarding senegal's national team!

scharatz

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
Another surprisa accured.
I hate surprises!
Senegal playing was impressive. they deserved it. Hard Luck Sweden!

Schedule