Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini critics was different it was about who is more deserve to be captain legend (him or baresi), and he gave f to curva sud only in farewell match.
The critics was about milan unforgetable defeat (liverpool cameback) ucl final 2005 for more precise.
Not to mention after the goal, he was responsible for failed get in line with offside trap on ribery and failed to press vlahovic minutes before.
For the fact he is a defender, his main objective is not scoring goals, id rather have gabbia, he is solid and atleast gave more attemps on set pieces, only needs direction.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: peak fuckboyism.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic will never criticize his capitain publicly, he's not so stupid. If he's got anything against that kind of celebration (which i doubt because both him and Leao did the same) he would have told him in the locker room and we will never know.

What did Zlatan mean in that video must be something else.

I think he was telling Donnarumma to talk more. Can't find the vid atm

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Quality game tonight. Only one mistake as soon as he came on and then was a rock.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Best game this season. I'm sure we will see better games from Roma. Against Sampdoria it will be really good test.
Time to step up now after Kjaer injury.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Maldini should call him and his agent into the office tomorrow - show him that first goal today*, show him most of his performances this season and then plainly state....

'You are average, Milan is keeping your name from perishing, you will take half whatever you currently make or you can leave... pick it up from tomorrow - now get the fuck out my office'

*1-0 v Genoa - having time, instead of going towards the attacker he sinks further back towards Donnaruma, then when the ball is played in he goes slow towards attacker and when the attacker turns, Capitano goes the wrong way and leaves him free.

He was been our 4th best CB this season, only better than Duarte - shockingly poor

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
The way Romagnoli plays, it is as if he is the rookie playing his 2nd Serie A game and expecting his CB partner to help cover for him and to lead the defense.

300+ games in his CV but still showing zero signs of leadership. He is as much of a liability in defense as Kalulu/Gabbia.
Their excuse is that, yesterday they were nobodies. What is Romagnoli's excuse?

He is average at best. Only "shining" next to a great partner, someone who takes charge, a leader but those type of players can make Duarte look like a WC player.

A leader is something that we desperately needed today. Something he will never be...maybe when he is 32 years old but I have my doubts...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah, we will never be really up to with him as our "main" CB. Don't want to be a hater, I would be fine with him as a 3rd CB, but not as 1st choice / captain / overpaid Raiola client

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
The way Romagnoli plays, it is as if he is the rookie playing his 2nd Serie A game and expecting his CB partner to help cover for him and to lead the defense.

300+ games in his CV but still showing zero signs of leadership. He is as much of a liability in defense as Kalulu/Gabbia.

He is average at best. Only "shining" next to a great partner, someone who takes charge, a leader but those type of players can make Duarte look like a WC player.

A leader is something that we desperately needed today. Something he will never be...maybe when he is 32 years old but I have my doubts...

:thumbsup:
he always leave space for a striker when many defenders just 'hug' attacker. lacking speed, aggressiveness, losing often his guy on crosses...
5 millions for raiola boy

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Overall Roma is still a very good player.

But there those at

Tier 1 such as Baresi/Maldini/Nesta
Tier 2 such as Chiellini/Ramos/Puyol/Silva and
Tier 3 such as Bonucci/Materazzi/Pique

Roma is still pushing for his spot to get to Tier 3 but we should be happy if he gets there and stays there. I am afraid that may be the furthest he can go given his level of natural talent.

Leadership qualities, I will leave it to others to discuss but my gut feeling is after Ibra, there is Donna and may be Calabria, Theo or Kessie (potentially) if they keep it up.

Last edited:

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

:star::star::star:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Beside the first goal, he wasn't bad yesterday. He did a lot to clean up others mistakes via Kalulu/midfield that people seem to have not noticed. My main complaint is him being captain at this point.

Where was the leadership yesterday? We looked lost for large parts of the game with no ideas. Ibra/Kjaer mentality was sorely missed. Kessie had an off-day and didn't really step up like he has, nor did Donna as he sometimes does to lead the team from the back.. but it's not their jobs. Roma just lacks that edge to make him captain material for our team right now - he sure shouts at the ref but never organizes the team and leads them on like we've seen even from fucking Bonucci when he was here... yeah. Disappointed not in his performance but more his role in the team the last two weeks.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
was that maldini few days ago talking about defenders this days first need to be talented at 1vs1 and rest they can learn later?!
doit!!

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
was that maldini few days ago talking about defenders this days first need to be talented at 1vs1 and rest they can learn later?!
doit!!
yup, i saw that interview. and the one CB who really lack those attribute that make you good at 1vs1 (speed, Aggressiveness, Proactive) is the captain

i made this post about 10 days ago in the previous Commode thread.

Question for all

It?s clear that self sustainability is what we?re working to achieve while being competitive....with that said, it?s evident every once in a while we?ll have to sell a main player (30m-40m+) to finance the strengthening of the team. Like Liverpool did Coutinho.

Out of the current group who do you think will be the first important player to be sold?
Whether its because the offer is too good or because we decide to get a player with different characteristics.

When I add these factors:

-Maldini?s words on what?s the most important attribute for a modern defender (strong in 1on1)
-the fact that we have Kjaer who is undoubtedly the boss of defense and a big leader of the team
-the fact that we have a young 3rd choice in Gabbia who is impressing Maldini. And we are still Looking for a CB.

All this make me think Romagnoli could be the one ... also they talk about lowering the wage bill (more realistically, keep it relatively low)
That also means shedding one of the bigger salaries.
I doubt we?ll be adding a Kabak or Simakan for one of them or Gabbia to be a 4th choice who barely plays (from next season)

Though, that could be tricky with a contract ending only in 2022.

i think Romagnoli is a good defender ... but i'm his lack of "presence" in the defense is really concerning ... i get more nervous when a defender is coming at him 1on1 than i am when they're running at Gabbia or even Kalulu ... same thing with high balls.

in defense, numerically we're settled...so what's the urgency of getting a CB if not for an upgrade ... and 20M is not something we currently pay for the bench ... Maldini, Moncada Massara are very good at using their scouting and stats to find a 3-6M defender for the bench.
and the names we've been linked to aren't names that'll come to be 4th choice.
they are starters for their teams (forget the status of the team) but they don't lack options if they were to be sold ... Villa want Simakan, Kabak is linked with liverpool ... and i'm sure for their low price, they are many more decent-good/rich clubs that will be interested.

i really think Donnarumma will be our captain next season... Kjaer main defender, with the new defender as his partner ... Gabbia 3rd and the rest ... i think Roma will be moved on.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Beside the first goal, he wasn't bad yesterday. He did a lot to clean up others mistakes via Kalulu/midfield that people seem to have not noticed. My main complaint is him being captain at this point.

Where was the leadership yesterday? We looked lost for large parts of the game with no ideas. Ibra/Kjaer mentality was sorely missed. Kessie had an off-day and didn't really step up like he has, nor did Donna as he sometimes does to lead the team from the back.. but it's not their jobs. Roma just lacks that edge to make him captain material for our team right now - he sure shouts at the ref but never organizes the team and leads them on like we've seen even from fucking Bonucci when he was here... yeah. Disappointed not in his performance but more his role in the team the last two weeks.

I agree with this, it does appears that he isn't really captain material on the field. Except when he scored those late winners.

For all our complaining about his leadership skills I haven't heard a single bad word said about him from one of our players.

He is also the player we're all most critical of. One mistake and people take it as confirmation. I guess what I'm saying is that we need to be a little patient with him, at the same time he needs to step up and lead. He's the fucking captain and all we're talking about is how many on field leaders we're missing.

It's a strange thing with this captaincy, it seemed like a cool thing to do at the time, but it's very hard to undo now. Which makes it unlikely.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Romagnoli was excellent a year or two. That means that he has the ability to be a top player. I would like to assume that he is going through a maturation process, possibly because he is adapting to the role of captain. Let's not forget that he did not have a long term mentor, he had to pick up a little bit from here and there but for the most part he had to worry about establishing himself as a player before being a real leader.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Random question but what is the biggest game that Romagnoli has played in his career? Not an insult towards him but rather that he's been on teams that haven't really fought for anything. He's played a lot of games and is 'experienced' now, but what's the biggest game he's ever played?

Comparing to high-rated defenders same age as Romagnoli such as Jose Gimenez for example. Gimenez is a few days younger than Romagnoli, but has played:
- multiple World Cups
- multiple Copa Americas
- 5+ years of CL football
- multiple seasons of CL knockout matches including CL Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals
- Europa League final

He's also regular come up against C. Ronaldo (so as Romagnoli), Benzema, Messi, L. Suarez, Lewandowski, etc.

Other than C. Ronaldo (who doesn't play the position of a typical striker), who's the best #9 that Romagnoli has faced? Obviously Serie A has been weaker than La Liga, but the best #9s Romagnoli has played against are probably Higuain and Dzeko. Not bad players by any means but he's still fairly un-tested at the highest level.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Random question but what is the biggest game that Romagnoli has played in his career? Not an insult towards him but rather that he's been on teams that haven't really fought for anything. He's played a lot of games and is 'experienced' now, but what's the biggest game he's ever played?

Comparing to high-rated defenders same age as Romagnoli such as Jose Gimenez for example. Gimenez is a few days younger than Romagnoli, but has played:
- multiple World Cups
- multiple Copa Americas
- 5+ years of CL football
- multiple seasons of CL knockout matches including CL Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals
- Europa League final

He's also regular come up against C. Ronaldo (so as Romagnoli), Benzema, Messi, L. Suarez, Lewandowski, etc.

Other than C. Ronaldo (who doesn't play the position of a typical striker), who's the best #9 that Romagnoli has faced? Obviously Serie A has been weaker than La Liga, but the best #9s Romagnoli has played against are probably Higuain and Dzeko. Not bad players by any means but he's still fairly un-tested at the highest level.

Are you seriosly saying this? Which one of Milan players has won much? What did they won (apart of Ibra? Lol.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Lol, a lot of people yesterday were comparing with Van Dijk and today they compare him with a Kalulu.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
I agree with this, it does appears that he isn't really captain material on the field. Except when he scored those late winners.

For all our complaining about his leadership skills I haven't heard a single bad word said about him from one of our players.

He is also the player we're all most critical of. One mistake and people take it as confirmation. I guess what I'm saying is that we need to be a little patient with him, at the same time he needs to step up and lead. He's the fucking captain and all we're talking about is how many on field leaders we're missing.

It's a strange thing with this captaincy, it seemed like a cool thing to do at the time, but it's very hard to undo now. Which makes it unlikely.

Have you heard anyone say anything about him, at all?
That is the thing, as a captain/leader, you're supposed to be "everywhere", on and off the pitch, but he is just...there.
Even a silent leader, like Kessie, is praised by his teammates.

He is not a bad apple, he just doesn't doesn't have the required personality to be a captain.

What I don't like about him is his captaincy. It sort of makes him untouchable in some ways.
Being a captain grants you certain privileges, leverage in renewals and while also setting a "standard" in the locker room and on the pitch.

I feel like he is taking advantage of the privileges of being a captain but doesn't live up to the expectations and responsibilities that also come with it, having his cake and eating it too...

And to make matters worse, he isn't exceptional as a player. I could forgive all of the above if he was at least performing well...

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Sure, I can agree to that also. He is still relatively young for a captain of a team like Milan, who went through shit and he stayed and now on a resurgence if you will. I understand the pressure he must be under and that people are extra harsh because of him being captain but the fact remains he has to step up when it matters like others have. His actual game is better than after his injury and he's not putting his foot wrong *that* much which is good to see. But, he needs to be spurring the team on, commanding from the back. Donnarumma does a better job at that from what I can see which is a shame. Really hope he improves his performances to his levels we know he can reach, and also learns something from Ibra on how to fire up the team.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
watched too many matches with romag to be excited about yt compilations - to be honest, videos like that make me laughing inside.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
watched too many matches with romag to be excited about yt compilations - to be honest, videos like that make me laughing inside.

That wasn?t about getting excited, but just to say what he was being considered till yesterday.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
till yesterday? :eek:
his best performances ware under gattuso or miha when as a team we played defensive football. other than that he never looked good (like reliable).

what make think - how many italian cbs are a starters in ucl playing teams by last 3-4 years except 3 grandpas from juve??
acerbi and ... ? do i miss anyone from juve, napoli, lazio, roma, inter... atalanta?

Schedule