Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread II

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
LOL @ Nocerino as numero 9. you high maan?

We need to sign a CF before we can think about giving the number to someone. We need to someone who can play infront of Ibra and Pato and finish off those chances. Something like Crespo. Germany's Gomez for example. or Czech's embarrassing Jan Koller - for those who remember.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
I suggested Noce for 9 too, but then found out he has some superstitious beliefs about 23, so he's eyeing Ambro's retirement, not Pippo.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
I suggested Noce for 9 too, but then found out he has some superstitious beliefs about 23, so he's eyeing Ambro's retirement, not Pippo.

even better.. gomez style.

Your Sister

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dq48AmoqADGHPfOxcaED26K98ZL_1200.jpg

wow, check out the hot girl reaching for his dick, and her boyfriend doing the same
Funny thing is, she got Zlatan's shirt at the end of that match:

tumblr_m632g3WXZT1qfvcb1o3_500.gif

tumblr_m632g3WXZT1qfvcb1o7_500.gif

tumblr_m632g3WXZT1qfvcb1o10_500.gif

Lucky gal ;)

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Brazilian man named Franz Beckenbauer names son Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Franz Beckenbauer is Zlatan Ibrahimovic's father.

The Franz Beckenbauer in question, however, is not the legendary German defender, but a fanatical fan of Brazilian Campeonato side Santa Cruz. Being arbitrarily named after a European footballer now runs in the family, as Beckenbauer named his newborn son Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Globo.com explains the puzzling situation:

The father, who is the namesake of Der Kaiser, baptized the child with the name of the AC Milan player. Zlatan Ibrahimovic Lima da Silva was born in Pernambuco three days before Santa Cruz won the Championship, further increasing the happiness of fanatical family.

It's unclear why Beckenbauer would choose the overrated Swede over any other top European — or Brazilian — player, but he wishes for his son to play for Santa Cruz when he grows up. In celebration of his favorite side's recent title win, Beckenbauer has also promised to bury little Zlatan's umbilical cord underneath its Arruda stadium.

Mr. Beckenbauer isn't the only Santa Cruz fan in the bizarre child-naming game: Globo also reported that a pair of Tricolor supporters named their child Dayvid Shevchenko Ximenes da Silva in honor of David Beckham and Andriy Shevchenko.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/brazilian-man-named-franz-beckenbauer-names-son-zlatan-233407040--sow.html

Wish I was named Zlatan :cry:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
'It's unclear why Beckenbauer would choose the overrated Swede over any other top European — or Brazilian — player'

the writer should go shoot himself. :fp:

Dayvid Shevchenko! :eek:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
'It's unclear why Beckenbauer would choose the overrated Swede over any other top European — or Brazilian — player'

the writer should go shoot himself. :fp:

Dayvid Shevchenko! :eek:

Yeah. Probably should've chosen a different edition of the story, read it on a danish site and just googled it.

Your Sister

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So sad to see Sweden go out of the Euro's so early, it could have lasted longer if they weren't coached so naively.
As I was telling telling one of my friends last week after the exit, I still think the team can build upon how well they played against France. It would have been nice to see how well they would have done against either Spain (in a rematch of the Euro 2008 group stage) or Italy (rematch from Euro 2004 - would we have seen a repeat of that goal ;)). What's done is done. All Sweden can do now is focus on their World Cup qualifier in September.

Anyway looks like Zlatan is headed for his next Swedish golden ball right? :)
The gala is less than five months away. We'll see if he wins his sixth straight Guldbollen.

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wherever Ibra will play next season he's going to have the best season of his life. He's come full circle now.

At Ajax, and lesser degree Juventus his problem was that he would dribble the ball constantly, sometimes from impossible situations and lose it, and he was quite selfish in regards to scoring.

At Inter he had gained a lot of weight and lost his confidence to dribble the ball, and instead developed his shot and his passing ability, but still his instinctive nature got the best of him in regards to passing, and was therefore guilty of dropping the ball by trying some crazy flick or pass at times.

At Milan, last season, he's been close to perfect in his decisionmaking, a lot more accurate in his passing, and his movement and finishing has improved allowing him to score more simple goals.

At the Euro's it was the old Zlatan, mixed with the new. Man, what a sight it was. Not afraid to dribble the ball, beating his man consistently, taking many shots, precise passing, great decisionmaking, strength, power, flair, everything you'd want.

He's at his peak now. I hope he goes to the Premiership. I'd just love to see that.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
He wouldn't thrive in the Premier League the way he does in Serie A.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
lol interfan

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He wouldn't thrive in the Premier League the way he does in Serie A.

I think he'd be the best player in it, relatively quickly upon setting foot in England. I don't see who could challenge him. People look into his stats against English sides far too much. Stats like that say little in the first place, but fact is, against a vast majority of those sides his team was dominated and chances were few and hard to come by.

Totally different scenario from say Messi, who without the drubbing of Arsenal has only scored one goal on the English. Messi in fact hasn't even scored an open play goal on Italians yet. Does that mean he wouldn't be a beast in Serie A or England? Nah, it means little. Stats like that only function is for pundits to put down players outside of their own league.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling hed boss most teams around if he went there tbh.

Dude stop letting your bias speak for you. Ibra is an amazing player but realistically he's not going to boss a fast-paced league like as the EPL.

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Dude stop letting your bias speak for you. Ibra is an amazing player but realistically he's not going to boss a fast-paced league like as the EPL.

Its my honest opinion. It may be biased but its what i think. I want ibra to stay with milan but if he dont id love for him to prove you wrong, wich i think he would.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I think players adapts to the league they play in. Ibra could have bossed EPL if he started playing for Arsenal when he was younger, he would have developed into a different kind of player than he is today (maybe more Drogba-like kind of player, putting emphasis on his strength and "speed" and less on his technical abilities). Ibra struggling against english defence is very much alike Messi would struggle against italian defence, the defence they are used to, is very different from the one they are facing.

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think special players could do it in any league, especially those that's proven themselves in so many different leagues, and basically have a 1 goal per 2 game average in all of them. Same for every club, with exception of Juve where it's lower, and Milan where it's higher.

People thought Ibra was gonna have problem with the Spanish defences, when in fact he had more fun with them in the six months he was allowed "to be Ibra" then he's had with Italian defences since maybe 04/05. Some of the best passes I've ever seen him do was in La Liga.

I actually think he'd fare a lot better against English defences than in Italy. As for the pace argument: he's stopped using his pace to dominate matches a long time ago. He doesn't even do that in Italy. He uses his touch, strength, size, technique, vision and occasionaly his dribbling ability. The only time he uses his pace is when he's trying to beat the offside trap, which is a lot easier to beat in England than Italy, where even in big matches (Arsenal, Man City, United) there's can be some absolutely atrocious defense on display simply from a positional sense.

As for strength, I've never seen a defender bully Ibra physichally. Never. Again, I think that works to his advantage because he's gonna be stronger than a vast majority of the Cbs, and the English are honest, they'll fight with him, as opposed to Italian defenders who give up and take a dive as soon as he gets a bit physical.

The one argument that I see that is valid is the fact that the games run at a higher pace, meaning he'd have to run a lot more, which for his size is not optimal. He often gets really tired around the 60th minute mark. That's the one thing though.

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As for strength, I've never seen a defender bully Ibra physichally. Never. Again, I think that works to his advantage because he's gonna be stronger than a vast majority of the Cbs, and the English are honest, they'll fight with him, as opposed to Italian defenders who give up and take a dive as soon as he gets a bit physical.

Chiellini had Ibra in his pocket the last couple of times we played against Juve, he is a very good defender

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Chiellini had Ibra in his pocket the last couple of times we played against Juve, he is a very good defender

Chiellini is a good defender, but he's not on par with Ibra physically. The only way he can get the better of him is by using unjust means. He should have been sent off a couple of times in past derby d'Italia's.

Example 1.

First two situations he fouls him. First one should of been a straight red as he came at full force with an elbow to the face. Miraculously he didn't even get a yellow.

The other two situations you see who's stronger when they both go at it 50/50.

Last edited:

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Its only logical Ibra would kill in EPL as well. In fact its so simple I woudnt even bother arguing about it. No one there has his quality, his only competition is in la liga.

Problem is, players are rarely very good their first year in a new team, let alone a new league. Usually, it takes atleast one season. And sooner or later even a late bloomer like Ibra will decline.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck is it, when Ibra's playing, the only thing stopping Hamren's Sweden and Allegri's Milan from playing possession football/tikitaka in big games is having opponents like Barca, Spain, France etc who'll automatically out-possess you no matter what you do?
They don't do this when Ibra's not playing.

Is it because it's more successful?

hmm, let's see

Sweden's & Milan's best big games:
Milan 3-0 Inter
Milan 4-0 Arsenal
Sweden 3-2 Holland
Sweden 2-0 France

some of Sweden's & Milan's worst big games
Holland 4-1 Sweden
Milan 0-1 Tottenham
Milan 0-1 Inter
Milan 2-4 Inter
Lazio 2-0 Milan
Milan 1-2 Juve

Sweden & Milan relied mostly on counterattacks in their best big games.
And they tried to out-possess the opponents in most of their worst.
It's obvious Milan and especially Sweden should defend deep and rely on counterattacks in most big games, even if Ibra's playing. They just don't have the world class midfield or a Messi in Ibra to make it work.

Ibra did score twice and create some chances, but his weird positioning, freerole and lack of workrate had a lot to do with why the rest of the Swedish players looked like crap against Ukraine. Also, he was partially at fault for two of the conceded goals(Sheva's 2nd and Carroll's).

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Man you're so lucky I'm no mod, I would ban your ass.

hating on Milan's best player and the only guy who showed up the entire season, and the only player who showed up for sweden in all 3 games.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Its only logical Ibra would kill in EPL as well. In fact its so simple I woudnt even bother arguing about it. No one there has his quality, his only competition is in la liga.

Problem is, players are rarely very good their first year in a new team, let alone a new league. Usually, it takes atleast one season. And sooner or later even a late bloomer like Ibra will decline.

Dude, how is it only logical for Ibra to kill it in the EPL? It's mostly about pace and strength. Every time Ibra gets the ball he would get pestered. I'm not saying he would be shit there, I think he would do great, but to be the best player he can't be "Ibra the trequartista," he has to be "Ibra the powerful striker who doesn't do any flicks and shit." His game would be so dull that it wouldn't interest him at all. He would have to be in the box all the time and be a classic #9 to put up the numbers he does here in the EPL.