The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 22-11-2002, 14:33   #1
ads216
World Cup Winner

I'm a native New Yorker who moved to Roma in March. It was a good thing and a bad thing from a sprots point of view since I left my beloved Yankees but get to see my other great sports team, AC Milan all the time now. More than a fair trade I would say.

I used to travel all over the US and Caribbean for work and everywhere I went, there were Yankee fans but I was wondering whether there are any in Europe since Baseball is really not big over here. And what I mean are fans who were not exposed to baseball from a young age. Since Milan has fans all over the world I was wondering whether the Yankees too enjoy the same popularity.

I look forward to everybody's comments on who we should get for next year. IMO Clemens is too old and we should only give him a 1 year contract so he can get his 300 wins and go to Cooperstown in pinstripes. We really need more pitching and I'm sorta worried about Mo and his dodgy shoulder.

Been a bit concerned about DJ and Bernie as well but I guess Steinbrenner willshell out some bucks and get what we need to go back to the show in 2003. He and Berlusconi seem to be cut from the same cloth since they'll shell out the bucks to get what we need. Thank god for that!
ads216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2002, 17:42   #2
newyyj
Rookie

I like baseball.
But,you know...........In China,few people play baseball,so..........
newyyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2002, 19:21   #3
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

Any news on what Steinbrenner is going to do about the luxury cap? You guys are way over and at this point if he signs anyone else he is going to make the rest of the league rich in the fees the Yankees are gonna pay. And now everyone keeps saying they are gonna sign that japaneese pitcher? Well I guess with all the money and fan base you guys can afford it.

About trying to find out if people in Europe are into it, I have tried and haven't gotten alot of interest. But then again I'm a Giants fan and the Yankees have a little more world recognition. I think baseball is one of thoes thing you have to grow up with.

I know the Yankess have a deal with Man U. to promote each other but I don't think they have any other deals in Europe. Good luck next season.

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2002, 20:23   #4
ads216
World Cup Winner

I dont think Steinbrenner really cares about paying the taxes since he has the Yanks and Nets in his cable company so for him the Yankees are secondary to the cashflows from the cable network. And in any case he will drop a few older 2-5 million players and go for a big name signing probably from Japan. It's obscene the way he spends money but hey it aint my money so more power to him I Say!!! As long as we make it to the big dance next october, I'll be happy!
Old 28-11-2002, 00:56   #5
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

Cool deal ads........Not too far from Roma myself. We get secluded out here, but everynow again I talked to some m8s in Roma......if I hear anything about any Americans, sure to let you know m8. Always a good deal of culture shock that needs to be alleviated with a move like the one you had. I went to school in Washington DC for about 6 months or a semester, and although it improved writing and speaking skills regarding english (spanish more so actually, lmao!), but it was tough to fit in, so I understand that. A native to your own country is the best for this......So, I will let you if anything happens......oh yeah........enjoy the eternal city m8............you relly prove the cliche that roads do indeed lead there

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa España! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2002, 01:00   #6
Alex
National Team Player

Expos' fan in here!
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2002, 03:34   #7
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

Expos eh, what's up with VGlad is he staying there or going elsewhere?

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2002, 13:20   #8
Alex
National Team Player

Vlad is going until the end of his contract (2003). He will never be sold, he's way to go great for that.

He's very charismatic for a player that doesn't speak French or English.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2002, 15:11   #9
swedishmilanista
Primavera Player

I like the Yankees a lot and I saw them play in Yankee stadium last year and it was such an amazing experience. And I think Derek jeeter and Andy Petite are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
swedishmilanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2002, 14:02   #10
ads216
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivippoRuiNestaShevdini
Cool deal ads........Not too far from Roma myself. We get secluded out here, but everynow again I talked to some m8s in Roma......if I hear anything about any Americans, sure to let you know m8. Always a good deal of culture shock that needs to be alleviated with a move like the one you had. I went to school in Washington DC for about 6 months or a semester, and although it improved writing and speaking skills regarding english (spanish more so actually, lmao!), but it was tough to fit in, so I understand that. A native to your own country is the best for this......So, I will let you if anything happens......oh yeah........enjoy the eternal city m8............you relly prove the cliche that roads do indeed lead there
Thanks for the heads up Donatello. If you're ever in the eternal city, drop me a line and we'll have a few lagers at Campo di Fiori where there's a ton of expat Milanisti laughing at the red/yellow morons who surround us on every side!!! we've been talking a very big game here since the Real game and the red/yellow fools have been awfully quiet. They're hoping for their bimbo d'oro Totti to get well in time to save their asses against the rossoneri. Doubt if that'll ever happen... BTW the first thing that comes to mind when I think of red and yellow is PUS. Need I say more?!!!!!!!!!ciao