The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 17-10-2008, 14:54   #241
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Will Wenger be thinking that way had Arsenal won the UEFA Cup Final few years ago vs Galatasarray (01? 02?) ?

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 20:35   #242
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

UEFA Europa League? Eh...the jury is still out on that one.

The NFL had NFL Europa (formerly the World League), and they ceased operations in 2007.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 14:38   #243
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

wonder who we are goin to get after the draw.
Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 14:47   #244
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzimoto
wonder who we are goin to get after the draw.
Villa, hopefully.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 14:50   #245
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16
Villa, hopefully.
You really hope that? What reason? Is Villa on the route to win their group?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 14:52   #246
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
The NFL had NFL Europa (formerly the World League), and they ceased operations in 2007.
the theory behind the two competitions is as different as chalk and cheese have ever been. Just the fact that they both share the name 'Europa' hardly predicts a downfall.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 14:46   #247
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

so we have werder bremen in the last 32 a difficult game but if we manage to get past them we will have either Olympiacos or St Etienne in the last 16.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 14:50   #248
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann
so we have werder bremen in the last 32 a difficult game but if we manage to get past them we will have either Olympiacos or St Etienne in the last 16.
Get past Werder and you're in the quarter final, basically.
Old 19-12-2008, 15:31   #249
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Is it wrong that I'm actually scared of Werder? Have we came this low? Their not a bad team, but we shouldn't have much trouble beating them, however if we draw against Wolfburg, why can't we lose against this guys.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 15:56   #250
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
Is it wrong that I'm actually scared of Werder? Have we came this low? Their not a bad team, but we shouldn't have much trouble beating them, however if we draw against Wolfburg, why can't we lose against this guys.
Theur not a bad side too. Read somewhere that we have faced them 4 times and gotten away with 2 wins and 2 draws. In recent times they made a headache to Juve who advanced only because of Wiese's blunder.(was the scorer Emerson? LOL) And in Bundesliuga they have played few super-scoring matches.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 17:44   #251
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

The first game with Bremen is either February 18th or 19th, so hopefully by then we won't be so decimated with injuries like we are now. Maybe Sandro will be back by then.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 18:13   #252
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
Well you can always lose and Bremen is a strong side, Diego is their main man and he is good
But if Milan plays like Milan should play Bremen doens't has a chance so the only thing we should worry about is tha fact that our boys need to be motivated for the Uefa Cup, for that I see more danger against the little teams than against Bremen.
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 18:14   #253
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
The first game with Bremen is either February 18th or 19th, so hopefully by then we won't be so decimated with injuries like we are now. Maybe Sandro will be back by then.
dont hold ur breath..... wish management would be honest about nesta

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 20:43   #254
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

I just looked at the draws for the 1/16 round of CsL. Where is AC Milan? Anyways we've got really exciting matches coming up. It'd be lies if I say I'm gonna pay more attention on UEFA Cup.

kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 01:58   #255
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

did you hear that!!

Werder Boss Insists Milan Should Be The More Worried

Thomas Schaaf has downplayed the notion that AC Milan are favoured over them to proceed to the last 16 of the UEFA Cup...

Werder Bremen boss Thomas Schaaf has implied that it is AC Milan rather than them who should be more unsettled that they were drawn against each other in the next round of the UEFA Cup.

Early reaction from the Milan camp suggets that they are not too perturbed about being paired up with a Champions League drop-outs, with club director Silvano Ramaccioni suggesting "it's a serious draw but not severe,"

In response, Schaaf said: "This is not the worst draw we could have gotten.

"You don't even realise that we are the team who is coming out of the Champions League.

"We don't have to waste too many words on their team, players and strengths. We also know the city from the first round of the Champions League and previous meetings."

The two sides have come up against each other in the old European Cup in 1989 and most recently in the Champions League in 1994, with the Italian side triumphant on both instances.

"I still remember the games at the end of the eighties and the start of the nineties," added Schaaf.

"Our first aim must be to ensure we are more successful this time than we were back then."
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 02:04   #256
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

I actually don't understand how most of you are oh so confident in the UEFA cup, you've never looked convincing in the league and hardly took the UEFA by storm in the groups, call it reserves but i don't see your first team setting Serie A alight either. Certain members optimisim is stunning.
Old 20-12-2008, 02:30   #257
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

sorry man but Milan will return where they belong and that's CL so they can't be some uefa cup friends with aston villa etc. AC Milan respects every club and noone here is "confident" that Milan will win this uefa cup trophy...not only because of injuries etc., maybe they will say "we want to win it" but it's hard to be fully concentrated on some lower competion when you were the most successfull team in CL from 2003 -2007..wtf should Milan say, "oh great werder, we got the most dangerous team on planet" Fresh & motivated Milan can own anyone...maybe Milan lacks some players to do better in domestic league but tbh if nesta was ok, borriello not injured so much we would be near inter + now this crap with gattuso.
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 02:44   #258
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

You might just have to get used to this lower competition, with the current team you have at the back your not CL quality, don't tell me Thiago Silva's going to change all of this, an unproven Brazillian defender who scores his fair share of goals? Made for Italy obviously. Nesta, well will he return? And if he does will it be the same Nesta? He's a great player, truly world class, but do you think you'll get THAT Nesta back? Milan are unbalanced offensively and you have clearly unmotivated players like Pirlo and Seedorf.

Your midfield looks to be your strongest area with Kaka, Ronaldinho, Flamini, Gattuso, Ambrosini but you can't even get the first two i mentioned working on the same pitch yet, and it's difficult to say if you ever will. Then offensively, a one season injury prone wonder in Boriello, a soon to be magical Pato, a past it Sheva and a non-existent Inzaghi. Nobody there is going to lead the offense this season. And i really, really don't think Milan can afford another season in Europe's B tournament financially it would kill them.

Milan bought ridiculously last summer, not really covering for any actual weaknesses, and with Beckham on his way, i can't see you spending wisely anytime soon.

It seems a few fans, like there owners are living on past achievements.
Old 20-12-2008, 04:11   #259
Sage
Phase 3

^^^

This is coming from a fan whose club has Cuellar and Laursen(Milan reject) as center backs...and haven't been in the champions league for like what? 20 years?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 04:40   #260
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista_13_22
^^^

This is coming from a fan whose club has Cuellar and Laursen(Milan reject) as center backs...and haven't been in the champions league for like what? 20 years?
Does it matter what club I support? I didn't think so.

Says the fan with ermm.. Senderos Favalli and.. Kaladze LOL.