The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2015, 22:35   #121
dcfcfan1
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK Luton
Default

bad week for italy so far
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 22:48   #122
williamp
FODDERabt_H8r
 
williamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chelsea
Default

Delete thread plz.


Signature
tfat = Captain, Leader, Legend.
williamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 22:49   #123
BigMack
Primavera Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
This again.

Really?

Juventus have an easy group because Sevilla, Mancity and Gladbach?

Utter shit.
Who's on the top of the group again?

Easy.
BigMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 23:04   #124
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini
 
nonsonoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default

Good day for Italy. Juve convincingly top their group, and our one win counts more than England's one win. So even if their clubs won today, they only earned .5, while we earned .3 simple with one win.

Also, Germany earned nothing, which is great.

Now for EL.


Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 23:11   #125
williamp
FODDERabt_H8r
 
williamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chelsea
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
Good day for Italy. Juve convincingly top their group, and our one win counts more than England's one win. So even if their clubs won today, they only earned .5, while we earned .3 simple with one win.

Also, Germany earned nothing, which is great.

Now for EL.
England had two wins lol


Signature
tfat = Captain, Leader, Legend.
williamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 23:13   #126
Vms
World Cup Winner
 
Vms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fav. Players: Zlatan, Romagnoli, Kane
Default

In these 2 days england has collected 0.166pts more than Italy.
Italian clubs have to do better at EL if we want to catch England for next season


Signature

Gunnar Nordahl: 1950-51: 39 games, 38 goals
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 2011-12: 43 games, 35 goals
Andriy Shevchenko: 2000-01: 51 games, 34 goals
Marco van Basten: 1988-89: 47 games, 32 goals
Filippo Inzaghi: 2002-03: 49 games, 30 goals

Vms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 23:19   #127
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini
 
nonsonoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamp View Post
England had two wins lol
Yes, I know that. Nothing in my post indicates otherwise.

If Italy wins one and England wins one, Italy gets more points.

So even if England won twice, they only managed .5, while Italy managed .3 with simply one win.


Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 23:24   #128
dcfcfan1
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK Luton
Default

still behind tho ffs
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 23:57   #129
williamp
FODDERabt_H8r
 
williamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chelsea
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
Yes, I know that. Nothing in my post indicates otherwise.

If Italy wins one and England wins one, Italy gets more points.

So even if England won twice, they only managed .5, while Italy managed .3 with simply one win.
You said with their one win.

That post was confusing as hell and trying to make a point but didn't really achieve that.


Signature
tfat = Captain, Leader, Legend.
williamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 00:35   #130
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini
 
nonsonoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamp View Post
You said with their one win.

That post was confusing as hell and trying to make a point but didn't really achieve that.
Sure, I can see why it would be confusing. I meant that in general England's one win is worth less than Italy's because you have to divide it by 8 (the num of teams participating) and in Italy's case the number is 6. So even if you won twice today, it isn't that much of an advantage.

More importantly, the Premier League is in a peculiar spot right now. Italy's problems are well-documented, and until recently our clubs have been struggling in Europe, but you could contextualize that struggle in the general malaise of Italian football.

But England has no such issues. It is a glossy product and rakes in tons of money. And there is also a certain continental sophistication in the league now that was absent in, say, the late 90s. There is Mourinho. There is Wenger. There is even Pochettino.

Notwithstanding all of that, England have been performing below what one would expect. Ronay had a very incisive piece on this in the guardian that I will post later. Maybe it is complacency, maybe it is fatigue, maybe it is comeuppance after all the "best league in the world" shit.

To be honest, I don't know how it will end up after this year. Maybe the prem will surge ahead; maybe Italy will supplant them. But how do you explain results like Arsenal losing to Olympiacos, or Fiorentina sweeping aside Tottenham with masterful ease last year? These inquests will grow the more English clubs fail.

There are facile explanations that they suck, play long-ball etc. but I was wondering what you, a prem fan, thinks.


Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!

Last edited by nonsonoqui; 01-10-2015 at 00:59.
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:27   #131
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend
 
Mexes5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMack View Post
In all honesty, Juve probably has the easiest group in the competition. If they don't finish first, Allegri should still stay because he's doing God's work in the Serie A this year.
Lol
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:36   #132
Raz
AC Milan Icon
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Calshio will prevail


Signature
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:37   #133
Hitman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Such a shame City lucked out with a grand performance from Hart...They saved a pen and scored a 90th min pen to win the game.

Coefficients as of today:

England: 66.159
Italy: 61.939

Games tonight:

Liverpool - Sion
Monaco - Tottenham

Belenenses - Fiorentina
Legia Warsaw - Napoli
Lazio - St. Etienne

If the English teams win all their games they'll get an additional 0.5 points, and if the Italians do the same they'll earn 1 full point. I predict a loss for Napoli though, Lazio are experts in fucking up, Viola I think can go far in the EL despite losing the first game to Basel. Monaco hopefully prevent Spurs from winning and maybe even beating them.

Roma's loss to BATE could be huge, that's 0.333 points missed. Those three points could've gotten Roma the qualification to the next round which means they could've earnt an additional 0.833 points in bonus (equivalent of 2 wins + 1 draw).


edit:

the difference between Italy and England is currently 4.22 points... Each 3 wins for Italy is equivalent to 1 full point. So if England lose every single game from now to the end of the season, Italy will need 13 wins to overtake England. It's a very, very long uphill road when you consider that at least 3 English teams are going through to the next round in the CL meaning 15/8=1.875 bonus points for that not even including the wins they would collect in the group stages on the way to qualification.

I still haven't given up though. We were in a similar situation last year and we ousted them towards the end of the season thanks to the Italians in EL.

I am fairly confident that Italy will have 4 teams in the CL by 2018/2019 but if we do better than them this year we can get those spots a year earlier. I really hate how Udinese, Samp and the Roman clubs consistently flop in Europe.

Last edited by Hitman; 01-10-2015 at 11:55.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 16:33   #134
Tasht
Dreamer!!!
 
Tasht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Such a shame City lucked out with a grand performance from Hart...They saved a pen and scored a 90th min pen to win the game.

Coefficients as of today:

England: 66.159
Italy: 61.939

Games tonight:

Liverpool - Sion
Monaco - Tottenham

Belenenses - Fiorentina
Legia Warsaw - Napoli
Lazio - St. Etienne

If the English teams win all their games they'll get an additional 0.5 points, and if the Italians do the same they'll earn 1 full point. I predict a loss for Napoli though, Lazio are experts in fucking up, Viola I think can go far in the EL despite losing the first game to Basel. Monaco hopefully prevent Spurs from winning and maybe even beating them.

Roma's loss to BATE could be huge, that's 0.333 points missed. Those three points could've gotten Roma the qualification to the next round which means they could've earnt an additional 0.833 points in bonus (equivalent of 2 wins + 1 draw).


edit:

the difference between Italy and England is currently 4.22 points... Each 3 wins for Italy is equivalent to 1 full point. So if England lose every single game from now to the end of the season, Italy will need 13 wins to overtake England. It's a very, very long uphill road when you consider that at least 3 English teams are going through to the next round in the CL meaning 15/8=1.875 bonus points for that not even including the wins they would collect in the group stages on the way to qualification.

I still haven't given up though. We were in a similar situation last year and we ousted them towards the end of the season thanks to the Italians in EL.

I am fairly confident that Italy will have 4 teams in the CL by 2018/2019 but if we do better than them this year we can get those spots a year earlier. I really hate how Udinese, Samp and the Roman clubs consistently flop in Europe.
The difference is only 0.5 point because 2011 results will be omitted by the end of the year.


Signature
Fine as we are.
Tasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 17:08   #135
Vms
World Cup Winner
 
Vms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fav. Players: Zlatan, Romagnoli, Kane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanonios View Post
The difference is only 0.5 point because 2011 results will be omitted by the end of the year.
Less than that,only 0.327
If Roma had beaten BATE Italy would be already in 3rd place


Signature

Gunnar Nordahl: 1950-51: 39 games, 38 goals
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 2011-12: 43 games, 35 goals
Andriy Shevchenko: 2000-01: 51 games, 34 goals
Marco van Basten: 1988-89: 47 games, 32 goals
Filippo Inzaghi: 2002-03: 49 games, 30 goals

Vms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 19:12   #136
Tasht
Dreamer!!!
 
Tasht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vms View Post
Less than that,only 0.327
If Roma had beaten BATE Italy would be already in 3rd place
Roma & Lazio


Signature
Fine as we are.
Tasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 21:02   #137
dcfcfan1
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK Luton
Default

well done fiorientina and lazio....
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 21:09   #138
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini
 
nonsonoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
well done fiorientina and lazio....
And Monaco, whose draw with Tottenham helps us.


Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 22:41   #139
BigMack
Primavera Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexes5 View Post
Lol
What's funnier is that you guys think Juventus will somehow struggle to finish first.
BigMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 22:57   #140
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini
 
nonsonoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default

This week:

Italy- 4 wins, 1 loss
England- 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses


Italy earns 1.33 points
England earns 0.75


Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:15.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.