The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree, i was just complementing your post. I'm not on the sack rino grab wenger's ass ASAP train. But I also dont find Montella to be the devil that RnB makes him to be. He's not worse than Gattuso, he just had to field a completely new team and didnt have the balls to stick to one formation and starting lineup. He was better in europe too, that was the point. Bonucci was indeed better under Rino but he would be better if Montella sticked to 4-3-3 as well. Thats one of the smart things that Rino did. Just stop with assumptions that every post is anti gattuso and saying that I shit on Gattuso when I've been fighting those posters for some time.

fair enough. Didn't know your history with defending Rino tbh. And I put it in extra-polemic words to bring my point over as I felt I'm writing my ass off and no one gets what I'm trying to say. Usually I'm not the guy who uses a polemic language ;).

No...what I actually said was that Morata’s more marketable than Piatek which he is. I never said he would recoup his transfer fee + wages alone through merchandising/sponsorships. However, Piatek’s virtually unknown outside Italy and even the Poles on this forum are shitting on him. So who’s going to buy his shirts etc if we sign him? Hardcore Genoa fans? :lol: Meanwhile, Morata has played for the biggest clubs in 3 different countries so already has an established brand. If we can sign a quality coach/players and he returns to form there’s no reason he can’t generate us decent revenue. And yeah, being good looking helps which is probably why CR7 earns more from sponsors than Messi.

Also, Piatek’s totally unproven bar half a season so who knows if he can repeat it in future. Plenty haven’t. He’s also failed to score against the top teams in Italy so may not be able to handle it at a big club ala Kalinic/Silva. At least Morata’s already shown he can.

The thing is that in my eyes Morata is not nearly as profitable sponsorship/appeal wise as you're painting him. Player who attract sponsors are players who score a lot. Morata is not scoring a lot. Never has. He's not marketable enough to justify this argument.

Concerning Piatek I'm on your side. I feel like he's surplus in our squad with Cutrone. They seem to be too similiar. And then there's that insane price tag. I hope Leo knows what he's doing.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see Jack Ma is keen to take a minority stake in Inter-they could have some serious power behind them

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
From The Guardian

The Mill had never heard of Club Brugge winger Arnaut Groeneveld 30 seconds ago and was therefore surprised to learn he has multiple admirers in Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Milan. Nigerian-born but with two caps for the Netherlands to his name already, our extensive research reveals, the 21-year-old midfielder’s club have already rejected a £9m offer from the Rossoneri.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
China seems to have a very hard time to bring capital out of their country. I doubt that they are able to shift any economic powers atm.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Elliott are expected to give the green light for the Piatek operation. Milan, who cannot carry out certain operations, would like to sign Piatek on a high paid loan with option to buy in 3 years. [GdS]

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Elliott are expected to give the green light for the Piatek operation. Milan, who cannot carry out certain operations, would like to sign Piatek on a high paid loan with option to buy in 3 years. [GdS] (Taken from @ACMilanSwiss)

If high paid loan is becoming a trend, remember who started it

it'll be called: Elliot Scheme

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
China seems to have a very hard time to bring capital out of their country. I doubt that they are able to shift any economic powers atm.

You're not comparing Yonghong Li to Jack Ma? Ma is only China's richest man :)

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Elliott are expected to give the green light for the Piatek operation. Milan, who cannot carry out certain operations, would like to sign Piatek on a high paid loan with option to buy in 3 years. [GdS]

rather go for belotti if price tag is similar ...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're not comparing Yonghong Li to Jack Ma? Ma is only China's richest man :)

I don't doubt his economical power. I doubt if he's able to move his fortune out of China :). I'm not an expert but I thought that it's a thing right now how difficult it is to move capital outside China no matter what kind of business :)

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
I don't doubt his economical power. I doubt if he's able to move his fortune out of China :). I'm not an expert but I thought that it's a thing right now how difficult it is to move capital outside China no matter what kind of business :)

Apparently, he has fund based in Hong Kong already set up. Sounds familiar...

Well, I guess we will find out if it comes to pass. Not that we care about their potential economic strengthening :)

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Guess we will soon find out if it’s difficult to move money from China or it was just part of the rubbish we were fed regarding our fraud takeover by Li

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Uefa won it seems.. Elliott isn’t what u guys claim

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you guys believe that Piatek is really interesting Madrid and if so would we be able to sway him to join us if Higuain leaves?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
@andrea___182
Several times observed by the Rossonero scouting, always with excellent reviews, evaluations underway on the 1999 player of KRC Genk, Edon Zhegrova, nicknamed in the years behind the 'Messi of Kosovo'.

Is there a single nation on earth that does not have 'Messi of their country'?

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
@andrea___182
Several times observed by the Rossonero scouting, always with excellent reviews, evaluations underway on the 1999 player of KRC Genk, Edon Zhegrova, nicknamed in the years behind the 'Messi of Kosovo'.

Yeah, Argentinia

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Sorry bro but your argument about Morata is just ridiculous. Now before you start ranting, I am not fond of Piatek either. Piatek is just a poacher in my eyes but as classic 9s go he is fine. 40 million? He is not worth that. I do not think I would pay 20 million for him. If he had pace maybe I could give him the benefit of the doubt he is not pacey at all.

Now, your boy Morata. C'mon he will not sell jerseys. Maybe, just maybe one and that will be Cutrone buying it. Morata can play with his feet but he is not a goal scorer. He just misses lots of chances, not half chances but freaking sitters. Now one of your points was that he scored against the big teams in Italy then let me tell you last season we had a player that was very prolific against the big teams in Italy and with a better record against them. Remember somebody called Nicola Kalinic. But Kalinic also missed a lot of half chances not sitters. Now are you saying that we need to sell our fanbase a more glorified, more expensive disaster, I do not think so. 9 million a year? Then what we would have to pay our better players, Romagnoli, Donnaruma, Cutrone.

At this point if he wants to go, give me Quagliarella or heck give me Petagna. Not Morata, not the papero, not Belotti.

Let me make one thing clear, I don’t want Morata nor Piatek. I hope that Higuain stays as he’s a world class player and buying anybody not named Suarez, Cavani :-)lol:), Icardi, Mbappe etc would be considered a downgrade. However, if reports are true and he’s handed in a transfer request and the only available options are Morata and Piatek then I pick Morata every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Like I said, Morata has top level experience in 3 different leagues in addition to CL experience. Although he’s not a goal machine, his mins per goal ratio is good and he also create a lot of assists which everybody overlooks. An added bonus is he has an established name so would help bring in merchandising/marketing revenues whereas Piatek doesn’t. I also said that if we do sign him then we need to hire a quality coach + significantly upgrade the team or he’ll continue to fire blanks.

But I repeat, I’m only going on what the papers are reporting. My preference is that Higuain remains as he’s the superior striker and a bigger name.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Leonardo is at Casa Milan. This could be an important day for the negotiations for Higuain and Piatek [Sky]

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
@andrea___182

No thanks. Look how the “Croatian Messi” HaLOLovic turned out :lol:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Mediaset claim that Genoa president Enrico Preziosi is convinced of letting Piatek go January and would have accepted selling him on loan with obligation to buy for €40-45M. The transfer would happen after Higuain’s move to Chelsea is sealed

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
Mediaset claim that Genoa president Enrico Preziosi is convinced of letting Piatek go January and would have accepted selling him on loan with obligation to buy for €40-45M. The transfer would happen after Higuain’s move to Chelsea is sealed

Well, that was fast.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
The thing is that in my eyes Morata is not nearly as profitable sponsorship/appeal wise as you're painting him. Player who attract sponsors are players who score a lot. Morata is not scoring a lot. Never has. He's not marketable enough to justify this argument.

Concerning Piatek I'm on your side. I feel like he's surplus in our squad with Cutrone. They seem to be too similiar. And then there's that insane price tag. I hope Leo knows what he's doing.

Forget the damn marketing revenues lol. That’s just one of many reasons why I prefer Morata to Piatek along with him having more top level experience, different characteristics to Cutrone, being more creative and tactically flexible etc. The marketing side of things is just an added bonus as bringing in some revenue is surely better than bringing in exactly zero like Piatek :lol: I never said Morata’s good looks would generate enough revenue to offset Elliott’s investment and fund our mercatos for the next century lol.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

I don’t think we’re going to pay that much for him, surely not after half a good season. I know we need to pay overs because it’s Janury but that’s probably 10-15m more than I’d go.

It is what it is though, I think Piatek would be a great Higuain replacement. I don’t think he’s only a poacher and he is currently playing at a much higher level than Gonzalo and is much younger. However, it could definitely backfire and it will definitely backfire if we don’t sign a direct left winger someone with pace who can change run at the defender.

Hopefully we bring someone in along with Piatek, Carrasco seems the guy or perhaps that young Groeneveld kid. I’d love to bring another midfielder in also, someone like Deniz Suarez on loan or if we have to Stefano Sensi (loan also).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule