Brahim Abdelkader Diaz Thread

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
can he shot from 20 meters or more??
because doesnt look like he can... with all positive things he is physically weak player

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
can he shot from 20 meters or more??
because doesnt look like he can... with all positive things he is physically weak player

This came in my mind remembering some of Suso free kick goals. But let's see what he does during the season. For goals we need to see more.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I bet he'll want to stay here at the end of the season. Hope RM will be good pals and not fuck it up

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Real Madrid are benefiting from the uncertainty about buyout option and fee.

He's fielded and prioritized as if he's Milan's property, but everything is still in Real's and Brahim's hands.
The more he scores, the higher the price, but I think Brahim and Real Madrid still hope for a reunion and will avoid an insertion of buyout clause for as long as they can.

It's not bothering me as much as it should, because at worst he's a good, cheap stopgap. Also, we aren't doing much of a favor to Real since the system isn't being optimized for him.
His market value would've probably skyrocketed by now if this was a possession-based 4-3-1-2 side like in Ibra's previous spell.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
IkeFI0H.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/JqvWpng.gif
https://i.imgur.com/HZAJ5Jd.gif

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
^^ reminds me of

Bob-Hug.jpg

Z9g9cX6.gif

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just love him. If we don’t find a way to keep him I will burn myself.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Really like this loan signing, hope we can agree a fee with RM soon. What I like about Brahim is that he's always available between the lines and drives at defences well. Many feared he was a Suso 2.0 because of height and position, but his playing style and agility is the polar opposite of Suso's.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Always annoying when that bum krunic is chosen ahead of him

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Always annoying when that bum krunic is chosen ahead of him

He's an unnecessary risk as CAM when the team has a result to protect.

The CAM needs to combine attack and midfield work. Kessie & Bennacer and the whole team struggle as soon as a tired Hakan isn't tracking back

Diaz is an attacker through and through.
Krunic leaves a lot to be desired, but he'll make his presence felt in the midfield.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I always said that Brahim and Paqueta were different players. Paqueta always tracked back to defend and he could have been the back-up of Hakan with Brahim competing with Saele in the RW.

Now we don’t have a RW to compete with Saele and we have no trequartista who defend.

Samu was the player to sell, not Paq.

Lyon fans have started to praise him.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Let's just forget about Paqueta

It's for the better

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The irony is that they did not like Paq for being an individual and ambitious player but they got Brahim who is also like him.

Brahim: 2 goals in 3 starts.
Paqueta: 0 goals in his last 17 months at the club.

So ironic.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes because they played Paqueta as a CM.

Pioli deployed Paqueta as CAM, RW, LW and the most advanced midfielder of what was 4-3-3 on paper but more of a 3-2-4-1, with Theo-Hakan-Paqueta-Suso as the quartet behind the striker.

28 attempts. 0 goals. 0 assists.

Anyway, thankfully Paqueta is a part of the past now.
I wish him the best at Lyon. His departure was 8 months overdue.

Diaz is not a perfect fit tactically either as I've already mentioned in previous posts, but it's a dry loan and he's far more useful than Paqueta.

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
The post match interview lmao. Happy Happy Happy Happy. What a happy fella.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli deployed Paqueta as CAM, RW, LW and the most advanced midfielder of what was 4-3-3 on paper but more of a 3-2-4-1, with Theo-Hakan-Paqueta-Suso as the quartet behind the striker.

28 attempts. 0 goals. 0 assists.

Anyway, thankfully Paqueta is a part of the past now.
I wish him the best at Lyon. His departure was 8 months overdue.

Diaz is not a perfect fit tactically either as I've already mentioned in previous posts, but it's a dry loan and he's far more useful than Paqueta.

He seems to fit very well as the CAM and with added versatility at LAM/LW.

I think the system fits and utilizes him well.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He seems to fit very well as the CAM and with added versatility at LAM/LW.

I think the system fits and utilizes him well.

The role against Sparta fit him well.
Krunic and Samu played more like wide midfielders than wing-forwards, which allowed Bennacer and Tonali to play less restrained than usual. 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.
The Hakan tasks were split between the 4 midfielders and Diaz.

Diaz was where he belongs, close to the goal.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The role against Sparta fit him well.
Krunic and Samu played more like wide midfielders than wing-forwards, which allowed Bennacer and Tonali to play less restrained than usual. 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.
The Hakan tasks were split between the 4 midfielders and Diaz.

Diaz was where he belongs, close to the goal.

Pioli has been showing some subtle versatility, which gives me even more confidence in him and the project.

I agree with what you say, Krunic plays that position more defensively, which covers for someone like Diaz and lightens the defensive responsibilities of players like Dalot, Tonali, and Bennacer.

That?s one reason I don?t like when Leao plays LW, it severely limits Theo?s ability to get forward.

I think Diaz can be effective as the CAM in Pioli?s 4231 with this lineup, although of course Hakan is first choice:

???-???Ibra
???-Rebic-Diaz-Salad
????-Kessie-Bennacer
Theo-Romagnoli-Kjaer-Calabria

Schedule