Cristian Zapata Thread

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
World Cup is 1 month long

Yet more intense

If it was necessary we could have just let him play a couple, even that would've been better than our back 4 this season

In a new point, Yepes and Zapata CB duo is one of the only CB duo in this World Cup with a clean sheet (along with Mexico and Nigeria, I believe) this at least ought to win Zapata a second chance here, the potential is clearly there.

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
The only world cup player left

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
^^^ From Milan?

What about De Jong? And the Ghanaians are still there atm, technically they can still go through if they win.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only way Id want to sell this guy is If a good offer comes in and we can replace him with Mustafi. If not, keep him, very good 3rd choice CB

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Again great game by him,

Forza Zapata

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
love his desperate tackles

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If Rami does get signed, Alex, Rami and Zapata are a solid 3 with Mustafi- or whichever youngster coming in- completing the 4CB, then there's good ol' Boner as #5.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
not fodder but not great either. I would keep him as a third choice and rescind bonera's contract.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
For me Rami is first choice, Alex 2, Zapata 3, Mexes 4, Vergara 5, Bonera 6.

Our defence is not bad, i dont think we have to sell Zapata, he is good. I think we have to sell one of Bonera/Mexes or just loan Vergara, since we dont need more then 5 cb-s.

Last edited:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The defense lacks a leader IMO. Kinda of like what Yepes and Thiago Silva have been doing for there respective national teams. Rami, Zapata and Mexes are all prone to lapses in concentrations. You need someone that can read and cover their flaw intelligently. The problem is there are very few defenders that are capable of doing that.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
The defense lacks a leader IMO. Kinda of like what Yepes and Thiago Silva have been doing for there respective national teams. Rami, Zapata and Mexes are all prone to lapses in concentrations. You need someone that can read and cover their flaw intelligently. The problem is there are very few defenders that are capable of doing that.

Alex's presence is somewhat like what leader's would be

Freakout

Beginner
Reaction score
Zapata is a pretty good defender, I always liked him and questioned myself why wont he ever play in Milan always sub or res? But after seeing his performance at WC i can say he should be our 3rd CB choice after Alex and Rami :p

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
What I like the most about Zapata in this WC is that his passing and decision making really improve. Hopefully no more heart-attack when he holds the ball

If he shows consistency this WC, I'd like him to stay and challenge for a starting spot so we have compettition in CB dept. We can save money for a B2B CM & registra if De Jong leaves

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
http://www.football-italia.net/51314/zapata-thanks-colombia-after-seedorf

“There is more joy in the Colombia squad than in Serie A, where there is so much tension. After Seedorf arrived at Milan, I didn’t play consistently. It was his decision and that’s football.

“I was first choice under Massimiliano Allegri, but then this new Coach arrived and made different choices. I’m happy to be here at the World Cup proving myself anyway.”

I'm not his biggest fan, but I feel like he felt as if he had a lot to prove, and he certainly has proved himself so far. Lets see how he does pre-season... He could be a real asset.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So glad that we have a Milan player in this "to soon win the wc" Colombian team :o:proud:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
With proper leader, like yepes, are things much easier, even for mediocre defender.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Great game by Zapata, really he is better then Bonera and Mexes. He deserve to stay.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Agreed, Zapata has some good qualities especially his speed. I'd like to keep him especially if we will end up with Alex and Rami. Mexes needs to fuck off ASAP

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
easily milans best player at the world cup. ive always been a big fan, i think hes just as good as rami and alex. should definately stay.

when hes been given regular football hes always impressed.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Only people that dont know the game would say he wasnt good.

Zapata's biggest problem is confidence............when its low he looks amateur........when its high we get class performances.

Alex,Zapata and Rami is sufficient with bonera kicking about just in case.

I just hope they dont to try to cheap out on Rami because Zapata is back on form.

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
Overrated now after the world cup. We should take this opportunity and sell him.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I've said for a while that Zapata would be good #3. But ATM Zapata would be a starter with Alex, since I've got a feeling Galliani's going to blow Rami's deal. I'd keep him around and get rid of Mexes.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only people that dont know the game would say he wasnt good.

Zapata's biggest problem is confidence............when its low he looks amateur........when its high we get class performances.

Alex,Zapata and Rami is sufficient with bonera kicking about just in case.

I just hope they dont to try to cheap out on Rami because Zapata is back on form.

It is more about concentration and common sense than confidence. 2 or 3 awful fuckups per game does not have to do anything with confidence. Most of his fuckups consist on him recovering the ball (like a wc defender) and then pass it to the other team while he having 3 or 4 teammates completely open. (like Ramires)

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Overrated now after the world cup. We should take this opportunity and sell him.

:thumbsup:. Exactly, only fodder fans rate him. Ship his ass off and get a quality cb like nastasic.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
If we get offer over 10M, we should sell him. We bought him for about 6M, so if we manage to sell him lets say for 12M, it is very good business.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ideally i would have rami- WC defender starters, with zapata backing them up. as it stands i can see rami- zapata being the first choice. alex is not gonna last the whole season without getting injuries.

Schedule