The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 01-06-2014, 20:02   #2141
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoNR View Post
Should be 5 with Montolivo and SES
fucking injuries
6 if we didn't let someone go

and I'm not talking about Darmian

or Aquilani

or Cassano
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:28   #2142
Tadej
Banned

Damn, this Italia could be very strong.
Tadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:31   #2143
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollo View Post
6 if we didn't let someone go

and I'm not talking about Darmian

or Aquilani

or Cassano
I'd rather take Cassano or Aqua back then the bitch

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:36   #2144
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaka View Post
I'd rather take Cassano or Aqua back then the bitch
So you would choose an Merdaista over someone who helped us to 3 Champions League finals?
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:41   #2145
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
Prandelli is a moron.

Dropped Rossi and selects Aquaman? wtf HE could have easily picked 7 midfielder and pick rossi, his fitness was going to improve through the tournament and knockout stages are 1 month away. Stupid douchebag

Signature
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:47   #2146
Vlad
Senior Team Member

After what happened yesterday, Rossi not being called is even a bigger blow
I am not an opimist.
Maximum of this team is quarterfinals
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:51   #2147
Casualista
Banned

Wow. Thats a really poor 24 man squad. Especially in depth.

Another injury to any starter and they will start reeling.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:59   #2148
Tadej
Banned

Names doesnt win trophies, team does.

Prandelli knows, what he is doing...look at van gaal selection.
Tadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 21:09   #2149
joyrider
Il Moderati

no merda players
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 21:18   #2150
Sage
Phase 3

fantastic call ups by prandelli
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 21:40   #2151
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

An argument can certainly be made for Rossi over Cassano.

Other than that, I think this is pretty much the expected squad after injuries

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 22:00   #2152
USC
god of thunder

That awkward moment when Milan and PSG have the same number of players on the Italian national team.
USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 22:03   #2153
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

What I like about Prandelli and his selection is the versatility. Be it in defense or midfield, most of the players are pretty versatile and it will be hard to break them down. I just hope that the attack can get the job done, I would prefer to see a Balotteli-Immobile partnership up top but I think Prandelli will go with Cassano instead of Immobile from the start.
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 22:10   #2154
Kingmilan
Legendary

Fav. Players: Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy

Well i like with prandelli has done . This is a very good italy side. Have to be considered after Brazil-Spain and Germany . Rossi was not even close to being fit, he was dreadful yesterday , i mean 20 minutes of cassano and italy had 4-5 scoring chances . Anyways i think it is pretty clear that even with rossi , Balo and Cassano were going to be the starters. Really like Insigne and Verrati in the team , they are so good. They might not be starters (maybe verrati with the monto injury) but look for them to rise in the tournament. For the rest it seems good , Cerci and Candreva are so underrated , they are 2 of my favourite players . But italy should start with vs england: Buffon-Abate-Barzagli-Chiellini-MDS-De rossi-Pirlo-Verrati-Marchisio-Balotelli-Cassano and with Sirigu-Darmian-Bonucci-Paletta-Candreva-Aquilani-T.Motta-Parolo-Insigne-Cerci-Immobile as backups i wouldint say that italy hasent got depth ...

Signature

Greatness since 1899
Kingmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 23:51   #2155
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
What I like about Prandelli and his selection is the versatility. Be it in defense or midfield, most of the players are pretty versatile and it will be hard to break them down. I just hope that the attack can get the job done, I would prefer to see a Balotteli-Immobile partnership up top but I think Prandelli will go with Cassano instead of Immobile from the start.
Me too. I see Cassano as the sub to unlock games and maybe start later in the tournament in tricky matchups.

You have more faith in the defence than I though.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 00:13   #2156
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Me too. I see Cassano as the sub to unlock games and maybe start later in the tournament in tricky matchups.

You have more faith in the defence than I though.
In the last Euros, Italy's defense was pretty solid, conceded only 3 goals in 5 matches before the final vs Spain.

There were 2 formations used (352 and 4312 iirc) but predominantly a 3 man defense and 2 wing backs. I believe Abate, Maggio, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini and Balzaretti were used and to a certain extent De Rossi because of Chiellini's early absence. However, if you look at the roster now and compare it to the players who played then, I see a significant improvement on the left side with De Sciglio coming in and 2 of Paletta, Barza, Bonucci and Chiellini should provide solid enough cover to the starting two.

In short, you can say that the defense is almost the same as it was 2 years ago if not better on the left side. Its also great for Prandelli's flexibility option, could have Barza-Bonnuci-Chiellini flanked by Abate/Darmian and De Sciglio and if not then take one CB out and keep a flat back 4.

Really not worried about the defense or the midfield tbh, more worried about the front 2, I would prefer to see Immobile because of his off the ball but Cassano adds enough creativity to be able to keep him out and Balo is simply Balo. Expecting Balo to really take it to the next level this summer.
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 00:44   #2157
Albertini
AC Milan Icon

i really like this team. good blend of experience and creativity. a massive bonus is that they know pretty much their starting eleven and they have been playing together for a long time. you can't say the same about england.

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 00:57   #2158
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Caldara, Jack, Romagnoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniCapitano View Post
i really like this team. good blend of experience and creativity. a massive bonus is that they know pretty much their starting eleven and they have been playing together for a long time. you can't say the same about england.

England will probably do well at this World Cup, seeing as everyone is dismissing them.
Hopefully Italy get the win though.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:29   #2159
Mario
AC Milan Icon

T Motta must one of the most underrated and undervalued players in the world atm
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:09   #2160
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

I would think you start Motta and have him anchor the midfield which would give Pirlo and De Rossi more freedom

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote