Manuel Locatelli Thread

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i like how he releases the ball ,, like he gets it , take a look for teammates and boom the ball is already there..

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i like how he releases the ball ,, like he gets it , take a look for teammates and boom the ball is already there..

yup, few times he was surrounded but still managed to complete pass. Some great decisions.

Main thing he needs to work on is decision making, mostly great passes but sometimes hes way too quick with pass attempts where he makes mistake. He needs to learn when to hold the ball, and when to go 4 pass.

next pirlo :proud:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
I was waiting for game like this to see how he is playing without much pressure from opposite team players and - some people probably will be bashing me - im happy about what i saw.
I dont really think we need on his position one of the first buy this winter transfer window if mati can be backup for him.

Still need to work, need more experience, especially precise of (long mostly) passes but overall he looked good imo.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His bad pass led to Poli getting caught out and Paletta getting red.

Misplaced some other passes as well, we definitely need a regista in January, someone who can actually play consistently like Badelj. With Locatelli we have to live with these growing pains. Especially with Poli playing out of position and him and Honda being useless.

I agree that pass to Poli was too quick.

Overall he did a very good job in distributing the ball and defending.

His timing still needs work for sure but I'm sure he'll get it down by the end of the season.

For being 18, I'm extremely impressed with how quickly he's been able to adapt to the Serie A game.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I was waiting for game like this to see how he is playing without much pressure from opposite team players and - some people probably will be bashing me - im happy about what i saw.
I dont really think we need on his position one of the first buy this winter transfer window if mati can be backup for him.

Still need to work, need more experience, especially precise of (long mostly) passes but overall he looked good imo.

There was pressure in fact.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Already better than Poli & Berto, but still must improve a lot, if he wants to have a place if we make a team for top places next year.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Hmm, i didnt notice it was his pass to bacca (when he couldnt control the ball) after corner.:thumbsup:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
giphy.gif

Such a beautiful strike.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Apparently Arsenal wanted him as early as last season, but we told them to fuck off. That's good news, means that we already had plans for him, before this season.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently Arsenal wanted him as early as last season, but we told them to fuck off. That's good news, means that we already had plans for him, before this season.

He was one of the players that Mihailovic wanted him to train with the big boys.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Money from his sell could allow us sign more champions during last summer.
:g:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
His defensive game is very solid, but he need to be more careful in distributing the ball. He misplaced the ball for at least 3 times against jube in very dangerous area.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Hmm, i didnt notice it was his pass to bacca (when he couldnt control the ball) after corner.:thumbsup:
I think he was shooting the ball not pass.
I need to see it again since I was screaming and pulling my hair when it happened.

Loca is starting to impress me despite having a couple of mistakes/game.
But those should stop as he is gaining experience.
A must start each and every game.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He was one of the players that Mihailovic wanted him to train with the big boys.

Miha was sacked just 2 month after Locatelli (17 years old) started to train with the first team, and some kids blame him for not giving him space. :fp:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

I think people need to dial back down on the hype a bit.

This video and the one against Juventus clearly shows that he still has some way to go. But this is certainly not a criticism. After all, he is still only 18 and mistakes are to be expected. The game against Juventus could have especially gone the other way considering a number of key errors (luckily it did not)

I am happy that he is scoring goals and we may have finally found someone who we can potentially count on in the future, but he has a long way to go still. Heck, Cristante had better videos and look how that ended.

Just hoping that he continues to get game time and continues to improve. We need to have a solid foundation and him and Donnarumma could be the key to blooding more players from the youth team.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
his passing ability was pretty impressive
and i can see his passion like donnarumma
really have big hope for him became our star player

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Soo good compared to cristante/mauri

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The improvements of Locatelli in his four games as a starter. #GdS

CwdUkGGXEAAFhSU.jpg

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That has little to do with him but all about our tactics for those games. The latter two were games in which we had set out to dominate possession and naturally the regista saw more of the ball and passed more.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
That has little to do with him but all about our tactics for those games. The latter two were games in which we had set out to dominate possession and naturally the regista saw more of the ball and passed more.

we know juve is not pescara, but he improved compared to his first game against chievo.

Schedule