UEFA EURO 2012 in Poland and Ukraine General Discussion

Who's going to win Euro 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i wish ibrahimovic is not overplayed

He played a full game today because Sweden had 3 injuries and had to use their substitutions on that. But I doubt he'll play a full game against San Marino.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Fuck youuuuuu!!!! Slovenia lost 0-1!!

That´s what you get if your stupid out of form attack is not able to score. Slovenia was a much better team. Should have really been 3 or 4-0 but N. Ireland scored in the 70th min from really the only chance they had in the game.

After that it was yet again Slovenia just blowing 100% chances away.

They played really good and were a much better team so I hope they can come back after this. We MUST get something from Serbia or the EURO might be lost just after two games.

Ah well there is stil Milan.

Last edited:

MIRZA

Silver Town Boys
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Salihovic, Pirlo, Bonera, Grlic, Kaladze and Sheva
Luxembourg - Bosnia 0-3 (Ibricic 6', Pjanic 12', Dzeko 16')

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Pepe must do something decent if 2 coaches in a row keep calling him. Here's the issue atm Italy is full of "squad members" decent-good players, just like Juventus, Pepe is one of those (he actually did end last season playing fairly good), a team full of this players and with very little "stars" won't look good, and all this guys will look mediocre, when they're likely to be above being mediocre.

For example, I just don't think they're any different from the likes of Pancaro, Birindelli, Pessotto, Iaquinta in 06' etc. different was those guys were squad fillers, and they didn't had to be starters, they were bench players, perhaps every once in a while one of them would start.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Sirigu+Montolivo... OUT please.

Capitano Pirlo. :star: :star:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
I'm guessing the reason why Pepe keeps getting a spot is because Lippi and Prandelli insist on using the 4-3-3 formation, which isn't working for us.. we don't have quality wingers.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Estonian tiny tiny guy with cute last name out, Puri.
Owned Pirlo like he owned Kaka.

never knew Cheillini was so slow :conf: or was the guy that fast
Zenjov is our fastest player ... but Chiellini is a bit slow.

Match was ok. Everyone are blaming the refs, bad TV broadcast and everything else that you can, but whatever. The weather wasn't as bad as I expected but it was funny to see Italians and the ref squad freezing. Don't have much to write ... maybe need more time to gather thouths.

:(

Galleries:
http://www.trenn.ee/index.php?id=200&album_id=1283524640
http://www.flickr.com/photos/-catherine/sets/72157624749190783/with/4955563477/
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0528159510752

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whats happening with France wow. They cant win vs any squad anymore now can they. Sucks 4 Blanc.

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
Whats happening with France wow. They cant win vs any squad anymore now can they. Sucks 4 Blanc.

How can you win with such a badly balanced team, when half of the players make their debuts. There's a whole lot of quality players Blanc could choose from, aside the WC squad.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
He played a full game today because Sweden had 3 injuries and had to use their substitutions on that. But I doubt he'll play a full game against San Marino.

That was bad for Ibra because he's still not that fit, so would've been better if he didn't need to play the whole match. Hopefully against San Marino he doesn't need to play all 90 because I want him fit for Milan on the following Saturday and not exhausted. But he had a good performance yesterday, so that's a good sign.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
MILAN – Italy’s first official match under new coach Cesare Prandelli is also first one for Pirlo as captain of the national team. Italy won 2-1 against Estonia in Tallinn, in the Azzurri’s first Euro 2012 qualification match.

Italy won and showed their character, as they managed to beat Estonia after the hosts had taken the lead in the 31st minute through Zanjov. Everything changed in the second half, when Andrea Pirlo took a corner kick, from which Antonio Cassano nodded in for the temporary equaliser. Three minutes passed and Pirlo took another corner: this time, Cassano pulled it back at the near post with a backheel flick for Bonucci, who didn’t miss from close range, giving the lead to Italy.

In the end, the Azzuri won, even though the lack of team chemistry stopped the team from playing well, but nonetheless the players demonstrated great character.

OVERVIEW:
ESTONIA-ITALY 1-2
Estonia (4-5-5): Pareiko; Jaager, Rahn, Piiroja, Klavan; Puri (Purje 77'), Dmitijev, Vassilijev, Kruglov (Kink 82'); Vunk; Zenjov. Substitutions: Aksalu, Kams, Post, Saag, Zahovaiko. Coach: Ruutli
Italy (4-3-3): Sirigu; Cassani, Bonucci, Chiellini, Molinaro; Montolivo (Palombo 75'); Pirlo, De Rossi; Pepe (Quagliarella 59'), Pazzini, Cassano (Antonelli 79'). Substitutions: Viviano, De Silvestri, Gilardino, Bovo, Palombo. Coach: Prandelli
Referee: Carballo (ESP)
Scorers: Zenjov 31' (E), Cassano 60' (I), Bonucci 63' (I)
Yellow card: Vunk, Klavan, Piiroja (E)
Red card: -

Taken from acmilan.com http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=128174

No wonder Italy had problems against 15 man Estonia.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Only the Italians could get excited after hardly beating Estonia.

ESTONIA!!!!!!

:head:

No offense Jasper :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
captain pirlo blah
strip the armband and give it to cassano he is them man he has fucked the entire madrid

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
What are today's games? I only need to know those from big teams like Germany.

(And what time? Italy time please. +1)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Italy squad expected for tomorrow (if Rossi makes it, picked up a minor ankle problem in training) with a 4-3-2-1 formation:
Viviano; De Silvestri, Bonucci, Chiellini, Antonelli; Montolivo, Pirlo, De Rossi; Rossi, Cassano; Gilardino.

---

I would also like to share this picture I found today..

spaineuros.png

:D

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players