Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
silly puppy.

Don't know about you, but I usually leave the pet names for girls ... when I'm better acquainted ... so forgive me if I don't respond in kind.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Romagnoli in action

Is it just me or you trying to do everything to "prove" that you are right about romagnoli?.

He surely sn't worth 30m, but if we got the money and our coach wants him that badly then let it be.

tumbok

Primavera
Reaction score
30 million Euros is too way too much for this kid. 10 is at most.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Inflated market, that's the reality. Obviously we have to be smart but we can sit there complaining to clubs that they're evaluation of a player is double what he's worth then watch him thrive at another club or we can suck it up, take a chance and see if it pays off in the long run

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
even in this market CBs that are as good as Romagnoli or even better went for under 20m.

30m is a ridiculous price, 25m would be overpaying but at least it doesn't feel like rape

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Inflated market, that's the reality. Obviously we have to be smart but we can sit there complaining to clubs that they're evaluation of a player is double what he's worth then watch him thrive at another club or we can suck it up, take a chance and see if it pays off in the long run

Naive thinking. We can't afford to take a chance God damn it. Not this season...NOO WAY. AND 15 mil on Romagnoli is taking a chance, 30 mil on Romagnoli is taking it IN THE ASS!

Very stupid move for that kind of money. If he was the next Nesta (like some here have said *cringing* :fp: ), trust me there would be WAY , WAY more teams interested than just us :lol:. Let's not kid ourselves.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Don't know about you, but I usually leave the pet names for girls ... when I'm better acquainted ... so forgive me if I don't respond in kind.

didnt know puppy was a pet name you'd use for girls you're "well acquainted" with.

learn something every day.

what a joke.

Last edited:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Naive thinking. We can't afford to take a chance God damn it. .

incorrect. we afforded so much already its stupid to think otherwise, especially considering that we're only at the end of july.

before this mercato started i said that risky signings were the ones we're gonna have to make.

did not read the reset of your incoherent post.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
he is a good defender.. but didnt worth all this money.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
did not read the reset of your incoherent post.

:lol: ...the irony, love it!

Besides the fact that you did not even provide a single reason why we should make idiotic signings like this one (30 million on Romagnoli) other than "i said that risky signings were the ones we're gonna have to make"??:fp:

Like what the F***? Are we in second grade? Saying something is right because "you said so earlier" is not a damn reason :lol:. Learn how to make a point before posting next time, moron!

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Is it just me or you trying to do everything to "prove" that you are right about romagnoli?.

He surely sn't worth 30m, but if we got the money and our coach wants him that badly then let it be.

Southampton fans still cursing Pochetino for buying Osvaldo ... and let's be clear, no team in Italy has money to throw around just for the hell of it. If we're swimming in money, I'm sure that there are better things to spend money. Invest in scouting, invest in marketing, invest in a bigger stadium.

Yes I don't mind saying that I don't like even the 25 mill deal and that we're strengthening a direct opponent and I'm using the arguments at my disposal ... As about Miha wanting him that badly, he clearly said no when he said "I like strawberries too but they shouldn't cost as much as oysters".

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Naive thinking. We can't afford to take a chance God damn it. Not this season...NOO WAY. AND 15 mil on Romagnoli is taking a chance, 30 mil on Romagnoli is taking it IN THE ASS!

Very stupid move for that kind of money. If he was the next Nesta (like some here have said *cringing* :fp: ), trust me there would be WAY , WAY more teams interested than just us :lol:. Let's not kid ourselves.

What's naive is thinking we can go to the top at this current stage without overspending for players. The market is inflated, that's a fact. It takes an absurd level of scouting (which we severely lack in comparison to porto for example) that requires years to build up to make signing on the low that pay off. That's the reality

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Arda Turan (World class player with years of experience) to Barcelona (35 mil)
Matteo Darmian (Proven Serie A player and national team starter, many years in Serie A, ready for jump to the next level) to Man Utd 18 mil
Jackson Martinez (proven goalscorer for country and club, insane numbers and consistency for a number of seasons) to Atletico 35 mil
Memphis Depay (biggest star in Dutch league, cornerstone for National team and club) to Man Utd 34 mil
Allan (proven Serie A player, one of the best performers in his position last couple of years) to Napoli 14-16 mil
Dybala (Top 3 or thereabouts in Serie A last yr, striker) to Juve 32 mil....

I can go on but I'll stop. All these transfers happened in this same "inflated" market you speak of. I agree the market is inflated, but there's a difference between an inflated price and a fuckin-ridiculous one like this one. All the above players are known names who have proven themselves at a much higher level and hence are worth the investment. They're guarantees and will have an instant impact so they warrant their price tag. Romagnoli is pretty much a big question mark and if he fails we'll never be able to sell him for even half that price.

it's simple if the goal is instant impact then spend that 25-30 million on a proven CB or two good CB with a decent upside. If the goal is to build for the future sign a young, promising CB for 10-15 mil and let him grow. But the latter option will not guarantee us a top 3 finish.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Letting go Allan maybe the worst move by galliani in this mercato

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Matteo Darmian (Proven Serie A player and national team starter, many years in Serie A, ready for jump to the next level) to Man Utd 18 mil
Jackson Martinez (proven goalscorer for country and club, insane numbers and consistency for a number of seasons) to Atletico 35 mil
Memphis Depay (biggest star in Dutch league, cornerstone for National team and club) to Man Utd 34 mil
Allan (proven Serie A player, one of the best performers in his position last couple of years) to Napoli 14-16 mil

I can go on but I'll stop. All these transfers happened in this same "inflated" market you speak of. I agree the market is inflated, but there's a difference between an inflated price and a fuckin-ridiculous one like this one. All the above players are known names who have proven themselves at a much higher level and hence are worth the investment. They're guarantees and will have an instant impact so they warrant their price tag. Romagnoli is pretty much a big question mark and if he fails we'll never be able to sell him for even half that price.

it's simple if the goal is instant impact then spend that 25-30 million on a proven CB or two good CB with a decent upside. If the goal is to build for the future sign a young, promising CB for 10-15 mil and let him grow. But the latter option will not guarantee us a top 3 finish.

yet people are in favor of signing ibra who would cost us about 40-45m in wages before tax over 3 years. + whatever transfer fee, about 10m. we get a player for three years then no resale value unlike all those guys, inc romagnoli who could even turn out to be sold for even more in the future.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

What kind of arguement is that? The only player worth his price from that list you mentioned is probably darmian. Not to mention all those teams you mentioned are in Europe. Since when is the Dutch league a benchmark for whether or not a player is playing at a high level? Depay is one hell of a talent but there's no telling whether he'll even come close to the goal tally he had last season. Darmian just recently started playing at a high level. Dybalas price is the very epitome of inflation. Funny how you call people naive

Now that's irony

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If we are gonna spend 30m on romagnoli, why the fuck did we sell silva for40m.

Lesson from this? Don't sell your best defender. Hard to replace.

benavulture

Primavera
Reaction score
Why we pay alot recently:
1. No ucl
2. Uncertainty (coach being fired every season)
3. B&G still around
4. New fresh money
5. Few quality players.

I dont care if 25m is too much, but atleast give us alternatives.

Sent from my T1L using Tapatalk

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What kind of arguement is that? The only player worth his price from that list you mentioned is probably darmian. Not to mention all those teams you mentioned are in Europe. Since when is the Dutch league a benchmark for whether or not a player is playing at a high level? Depay is one hell of a talent but there's no telling whether he'll even come close to the goal tally he had last season. Darmian just recently started playing at a high level. Dybalas price is the very epitome of inflation. Funny how you call people naive

Are you being serious or you trolling? I hope to God you're trolling.:fp: You're saying Romagnoli is worth 30 million but then at the same time saying Depay is not worth 34. And Allan to you is not worth 14-16 mil but Romagnoli is worth 30? 32 mil for Dybala is the "epitome of inlfation" but 30 mil for Romagnoli is OK? What world do you live in?

I listed the amounts those players went for THIS transfer market since you were saying Romagnoli was easily "worth 30 in this inflated market". But clearly way more accomplished players with plenty of top level experience were sold for approx that amount or way less. You're naive for thinking Romagnoli is worth that much or you haven't watched him play and are extremely overrating him dude. Almost every other post on this thread says he's definitely not worth that much, you're the only one claiming he is. Stop the stupidity already. I'm not gonna continue wasting my time with this. :lol:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What exactly is his difference to Allan, Dybala and Darmian? He's more or less in the same "market level" as those.

He exploded in Serie A last season for a mid table club like Dybala. Allan and Darmian got a few more seasons - but they're also older.

Difference, obviously, is the owner. Roma got a lot more power and less need of money than Udinese, Torino or Palermo. They can bargain for more.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Are you being serious or you trolling? I hope to God you're trolling.:fp: You're saying Romagnoli is worth 30 million but then at the same time saying Depay is not worth 34. And Allan to you is not worth 14-16 mil but Romagnoli is worth 30? 32 mil for Dybala is the "epitome of inlfation" but 30 mil for Romagnoli is OK? What world do you live in?

I listed the amounts those players went for THIS transfer market since you were saying Romagnoli was easily "worth 30 in this inflated market". But clearly way more accomplished players with plenty of top level experience were sold for approx that amount or way less. You're naive for thinking Romagnoli is worth that much or you haven't watched him play and are extremely overrating him dude. Almost every other post on this thread says he's definitely not worth that much, you're the only one claiming he is. Stop the stupidity already. I'm not gonna continue wasting my time with this. :lol:

I never said he was worth 30m. But as previously stated, the market is inflated meaning that players being sold at prices not worth their value. My point was to suck it up and pay up due to our situation (no Europe, tainted/diminished image compared to half a decade or a decade ago).

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
What exactly is his difference to Allan, Dybala and Darmian? He's more or less in the same "market level" as those.

He exploded in Serie A last season for a mid table club like Dybala. Allan and Darmian got a few more seasons - but they're also older.

Difference, obviously, is the owner. Roma got a lot more power and less need of money than Udinese, Torino or Palermo. They can bargain for more.

That last part is crucial, this is part of the reason roma are demanding so much for him. Good luck finding a defender his age with that potential that wants to join us for 25m or less

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: ...the irony, love it!

Besides the fact that you did not even provide a single reason why we should make idiotic signings like this one (30 million on Romagnoli) other than "i said that risky signings were the ones we're gonna have to make"??:fp:

Like what the F***? Are we in second grade? Saying something is right because "you said so earlier" is not a damn reason :lol:. Learn how to make a point before posting next time, moron!

oh i made my point. didnt you see it? you manifest so much emotion on my behalf though. i like it.

cry.harder.

I don't wrestle with a pig in the mud, I'd get dirty while the pig would like it.

wait do i clap now? or in the next millenium when that would pass as a proverb..

or do you try to impress pigs often? is this some new hobby i have not heard of yet? ok.

try.harder.

come on boys, amuse me some more.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

at 20 players are attached to a lot of hype which may or may not be fulfilled. We used to estimate stephan and Des to be of the the same 30 mil euro range couple of years back. If we have to get him now this is the right valuation. in 2 years he will either be 50 mil or 5 mil but we are not in a position to wait. need to take some gambles

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score

He exploded in Serie A last season for a mid table club like Dybala. Allan and Darmian got a few more seasons - but they're also older

Age is not a factor here, all 4 are young in footballing terms. 23-25 yr old with proven talent is more valuable than a 20 yr old with just a promise of what could be. And you say what's the difference, the difference is they're going for almost half his price. It doesn't matter who we're signing him from...a bad deal is a bad deal. To think that it's Roma we're giving all this money too makes an even worse deal. This is the same Roma that sold Benatia, easily top 3 CB in Italy at the time for 26 mil. This wasn't too long ago either. If we can't get him for 20 or less we should look elsewhere not give more money to Roma so they can sign someone and get stronger. You do realize this 30 million signing will probably not even improve our defense right away right? This guy only has promise and one season under his belt. Inter signed two CBs for less than that. Two who that will have an immediate impact on their season. Romagnoli might turn out to be another Astori for all we know..

Just think back to the time when we were offered 40 million for Pato and we turned it down or when El Sha was going to be sold for 30 million or so....they're nowhere close to those figures now and they without doubt showed 10 times the promise that this kid has ever managed to show. Let's not be stupid and let's put this cash that we finally have to good use.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Age is not a factor here, all 4 are young in footballing terms. 23-25 yr old with proven talent is more valuable than a 20 yr old with just a promise of what could be.

But what exactly makes Dybala proven and Romagnoli just a promise?
Both got 1 really good season in Serie A for a midtable club. Darmian and Allan got 3 (they're older, obviously).

Actually, the only one who performed for a big club is Romagnoli when he got some playing time for Roma (he was 18~19 btw).

And you say what's the difference, the difference is they're going for almost half his price. It doesn't matter who we're signing him from...a bad deal is a bad deal. To think that it's Roma we're giving all this money too makes an even worse deal. This is the same Roma that sold Benatia, easily top 3 CB in Italy at the time for 26 mil. This wasn't too long ago either. If we can't get him for 20 or less we should look elsewhere not give more money to Roma so they can sign someone and get stronger. You do realize this 30 million signing will probably not even improve our defense right away right? This guy only has promise and one season under his belt. Inter signed two CBs for less than that. Two who that will have an immediate impact on their season. Romagnoli might turn out to be another Astori for all we know.

Just think back to the time when we were offered 40 million for Pato and we turned it down or when El Sha was going to be sold for 30 million or so....they're nowhere close to those figures now and they without doubt showed 10 times the promise that this kid has ever managed to show. Let's not be stupid and let's put this cash that we finally have to good use.

30M is his asking price. Milan offer, according to rumours, is somewhere between 20~25M. We will not go to 30M - that's why the deal stalled.

It's nowhere double the price of Darmian and Allan (and lot less than Dybala).

Another way to look at it: one of our alternatives to him was Savic. He went to Atleti for $$ + Suarez and that's something like 18-19M.

At that price range it's all down to scouting, it's a technical choice, not money anymore. We got the money for whatever the choice is.
If you have to pick between a 18M player who you think will do the job, but for some 5 or 6M more you can get a player the scouts and coach think got a lot more upside?
You obviously pay a bit more. And wait for him if needed too.

Yes, every transfer is a risk. That's football. But all things considered he's Italian, he already performed in the League, he will be coached exactly by the man who got the best of him...
We are in good position to take it