• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Abate had a prime? Was that during the milito days? Remember sage?

Abate career assists can be counted on hand.

Poor cbs made him a career.

minus the games against milito he was mostly solid(defensively)

after years of de sciglio, mesbah, antonelli, RR and now strinic, I'm appreciating prime abate.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Guys Calabria just started playing football. He’ll improve no doubt about that. He’s not completely helpless.

He’ll work on his defensive flaws but going forward he’s good and he’ll be better.

FYI laxalt is very good going forward, he destroyed most of the leagues right backs.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I'd sell borini yesterday, but WB is where he would be useful.

abate is finished for top 5 league football in my view, don't know why on earth he's still here alongside like 10 other players :lol:

conti is a ?, calabria is meh.

strinic and RR lol....those 2 as wing backs would be a horror show, it's bad enough I'm going to have to endure an entire season with them as options for LB... even thinking about it gets me agitated.

that's why I want laxalt, he can cover the entire left flank, he would be a brilliant signing even for 20 million.

Yeah, Abate definitely shouldn't start for any sort of contender. MLS is perfect for him but he's still here and I think I slightly prefer him over Borini.

Conti is ? in terms of injuries, obviously but if he's healthy I am absolutely convinced that he can reach his old form within a year. Calabria has light and shadow, is a bit slow at times going back and decision making, especially defensively can be shocking. That being said, he has games were he is absolutely amazing in the marking department. His offensive game is decent on the right, I like his crossing ability. Definitely still a developing player and with that comes issues but the talent is there imo.

Strinic and RR have their limitations but they aren't disastrous. I predict RR will have a better season now once we're done sorting out our midfield.

I like Laxalt, but we're not spending money on defenders - attacare only :cool:

Just kidding but I don't think we're getting a wing back this window.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Very glad Sage is not in charge of the mercato.

true, remember when I criticized last season's mercato and I was spot on while you were praising every move f&m made even after the season went to shit?

laxalt is a solid player with serie A experience, explain how he doesn't fit our needs whether it's LB or LWB(when conte takes over)

is it because he's "ex inter" "inter face" or any of that rubbish? because strinic makes laxalt look like roberto carlos.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'll go out on a limb here and say that I'm completely comfortable with our LBs. RicRod first choice, in his second season I think he will show more confidence now that he knows the league.

Strinic played a good world cup and is a very good defensive LB. For some reason based on RnB-scouting he is utter shit and will ruin games for us, even though he started all games and ended up as a finalist in Russia 2018.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
minus the games against milito he was mostly solid(defensively)

after years of de sciglio, mesbah, antonelli, RR and now strinic, I'm appreciating prime abate.

Abate used to be good at recovery, even when he made mistakes he used to recover super fast.

Man we have had some real stinky garbage in our squad.

Was it him and ninni that ibra got the shirts for?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb here and say that I'm completely comfortable with our LBs. RicRod first choice, in his second season I think he will show more confidence now that he knows the league.

Strinic played a good world cup and is a very good defensive LB. For some reason based on RnB-scouting he is utter shit and will ruin games for us, even though he started all games and ended up as a finalist in Russia 2018.

RR needing to be replaced has nothing to do with "knowing the league" the guy is slower than a parked truck, any opponent with decent pace will give him issues, and even when he goes up front, he doesn't take any chances which is an awful trait if you want productivity, especially when he can actually cross well.

strinic is shit, he was getting ripped to shreds by england and france in the final....starting for croatia is by no means a special feat.

imo RR was probably the biggest disappointment for me, I never noticed he was this slow but then again he went out of the spot light real quick after the 2014 wc.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
true, remember when I criticized last season's mercato and I was spot on while you were praising every move f&m made even after the season went to shit?

(when conte takes over)

I remember defending our transfer strategy last summer, and I still do. Kalinic I never wanted, and Silva was a huge flop and a miss by F&M. But giving the team that complete overhaul allows Leo&Paolo to focus on fewer areas. Many of last years buys will have a positive impact for us in the next few years, of that I'm sure.

Why do you keep insisting Conte will take over? The dinner meeting at Gattusos restaurant reaffirms what Leo said in the PC and based on his performance as a coach so far he sure as hell deserves the confidence. The layman football expert criticising of him "lacking flexibility" is white noise. As Maldini said, he transmits the clubs values. He should be allowed to grow.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
no some ppl think bakoyoko is good because of 1 good CL run at monaco...without even watching him in Ligue 1.

truth is the dude has no vision, poor passing, rapists first touch and is non existent in the final third.

He's the 100% muscle 0% brain midfielder we always discuss.

Pass please.

So another kessie, no thanks one brainless midfielder is enough.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
i cant believe some of you complain about Baka

he seriously need depth, our bench is mauri montolivo bertolacci

calma the fuck down we will get our starter

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember defending our transfer strategy last summer, and I still do. Kalinic I never wanted, and Silva was a huge flop and a miss by F&M. But giving the team that complete overhaul allows Leo&Paolo to focus on fewer areas. Many of last years buys will have a positive impact for us in the next few years, of that I'm sure.

apart from kessie, everyone is a flop or forgettable

Why do you keep insisting Conte will take over?

because rino is going to get bad results and get sacked, it is what it is.

The dinner meeting at Gattusos restaurant reaffirms what Leo said in the PC and based on his performance as a coach so far he sure as hell deserves the confidence. The layman football expert criticising of him "lacking flexibility" is white noise. As Maldini said, he transmits the clubs values. He should be allowed to grow.

lmao so what are maldini and leo going to say "hey bros we know rino has a lot of flaws but lets hope for the best and hopefully we don't have to sack another club legend"

don't be naive

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RR needing to be replaced has nothing to do with "knowing the league" the guy is slower than a parked truck, any opponent with decent pace will give him issues, and even when he goes up front, he doesn't take any chances which is an awful trait if you want productivity, especially when he can actually cross well.

strinic is shit, he was getting ripped to shreds by england and france in the final....starting for croatia is by no means a special feat.

imo RR was probably the biggest disappointment for me, I never noticed he was this slow but then again he went out of the spot light real quick after the 2014 wc.

I think your views are too extreme. No one is saying we have Marcelo and Serginho at LB, but with our RBs carrying the offensive burden I am not nearly as worried about RR's pace or Strinics shitness as you are. They will have decent seasons. We will likely get a stronger LB next summer anyway.

And I'm perfectly fine with getting Laxalt, but if both the LBs we have are staying it doesn't make sense.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

laxalt is a solid player with serie A experience, explain how he doesn't fit our needs whether it's LB or LWB(when conte takes over)

is it because he's "ex inter" "inter face" or any of that rubbish? because strinic makes laxalt look like roberto carlos.
Werent you on the Bonucci bandwagon despite the fact that his arrival meant we couldnt afford a LW which was the real need?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I think your views are too extreme. No one is saying we have Marcelo and Serginho at LB, but with our RBs carrying the offensive burden I am not nearly as worried about RR's pace or Strinics shitness as you are. They will have decent seasons. We will likely get a stronger LB next summer anyway.

And I'm perfectly fine with getting Laxalt, but if both the LBs we have are staying it doesn't make sense.

strinic is another miserabelli catastrophe that we have to live with, so there's no chance we are going to get rid of him, that inter spy gave him a 3 year contract as well.:proud:

I would sell RR to the highest bidder and bring in laxalt.

serginho at 47 is faster than both of them :lol::fp:

Werent you on the Bonucci bandwagon despite the fact that his arrival meant we couldnt afford a LW which was the real need?

of course, but the whole world knows his level now and thankfully we got higuain out of it

and they could have still signed auba(who i wanted) for the same money they spent on andre silva and kalinic.

and I never bought into the bonucci = no LW argument, they still signed kalinic and biglia after bonucci, so if they wanted to they could have signed a LW.

Last edited:

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i cant believe some of you complain about Baka

he seriously need depth, our bench is mauri montolivo bertolacci

calma the fuck down we will get our starter

did you even read why some are complain

if he isnt starter what a fuck to pay his wage kessie have 2 mil and he has 6.5 mil at che.

dou you think he will say o ok cut it by 80%
and we need passer ,playmaker who can take ball in our half and run with ball to deliver.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Gazzetta confirms that Bakayoko is very close to joining Milan on the formula of loan with an option to buy. Leonardo now waits for Chelsea’s “ok” before completing the loan deal. Bakayoko was a request from Gattuso, as he asked for a muscular midfielder. How Milan could line-up with the arrival of Bakayoko. [Gazzetta]

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
apart from kessie, everyone is a flop or forgettable

because rino is going to get bad results and get sacked, it is what it is.

lmao so what are maldini and leo going to say "hey bros we know rino has a lot of flaws but lets hope for the best and hopefully we don't have to sack another club legend"

don't be naive

Hakan is not a flop. Neither is Biglia. Bonucci(fuck him) played very well in the second half. Borini did well. Conti probably would have had a huge impact had he not been injured. Musacchio made our depth at CB something finally acceptable.

In hindsight none of these players had the impact we hoped for, but some did well and will likely thrive without the same pressure in a second season.

What would you have done with the 220?

It's not naivete to hope Rino does well. In contrast to Montella who was confirmed in spite of showing all signs of mediocrity(F&Ms biggest mistake), Rino has 6 months of results to show for. Going around saying that Conte will take over any day now is a pathetic attitude I think, especially when Gattuso deserves our support. You never know when the next Simeone appears :D

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

if he isnt starter what a fuck to pay his wage kessie have 2 mil and he has 6.5 mil at che.

and we need passer ,playmaker who can take ball in our half and run with ball to deliver.

ok maybe hes gonna take biglias place and we will also sign a LCM like rabiot/draxler/sms

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

Chill mate. We'll probably pay like 50% of his salary or sth like that. And he's good as a vice-Kessie. Name me a current sub for Kessie that is physicaly strong? We got none so getting Bakayoko for a year for a few million is a decent move. He's not gonna be a starter, we're defo getting another mid

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Gazzetta confirms that Bakayoko is very close to joining Milan on the formula of loan with an option to buy. Leonardo now waits for Chelsea’s “ok” before completing the loan deal. Bakayoko was a request from Gattuso, as he asked for a muscular midfielder. How Milan could line-up with the arrival of Bakayoko. [Gazzetta]
Gattusos request eh?

Does he want us to bully the ball into the net.

Everyone could see that our obvious deficiencies in the midfield is due to the lack of passers and vision but somehow our coach is fine with that.

Having our wingers carry the chance creation burden for yet another season is pure suicide. Especially ones as slow as Suso and Hakan.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chill mate. We'll probably pay like 50% of his salary or sth like that. And he's good as a vice-Kessie. Name me a current sub for Kessie that is physicaly strong? We got none so getting Bakayoko for a year for a few million is a decent move. He's not gonna be a starter, we're defo getting another mid

AGAIN half of salary is around 3.3 mil and kessie ,hakan ,suso all have smaller wage.

and in he apsolutly cant play cdm never

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Gattusos request eh?

Everyone could see that our obvious deficiencies in the midfield is due to the lack of passers and vision but somehow our coach is fine with that.

Having our wingers carry the chance creation burden for yet another season is pure suicide. Especially ones as slow as Suso and Hakan.

Well Gattuso is not a good coach. I'm confident though we are getting Sms.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Bakayoko is not coming here to be a sub

People need to realise that

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattusos request eh?

that is why rino will get sacked in no time

playing 4 3 3 without wingers
mid that cant penetrate mid and cant pass.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Hakan is not a flop. Neither is Biglia. Bonucci(fuck him) played very well in the second half. Borini did well. Conti probably would have had a huge impact had he not been injured. Musacchio made our depth at CB something finally acceptable.

In hindsight none of these players had the impact we hoped for, but some did well and will likely thrive without the same pressure in a second season.

hakan will show his true level this season, so I'll give him a chance.

biglia is meh at best, I never wanted him. borini is on 2.5 million euros ffs....bonucci definitely disappointed overall despite me blaming others instead of him because I wanted him to succeed so badly. :fp:

musacchio is definitely a flop, 4.5 million euros and nearly 20 million price tag for a bench warmer?

What would you have done with the 220?

much better, as could anyone who wasn't hired by inter to ruin milan.

It's not naivete to hope Rino does well. In contrast to Montella who was confirmed in spite of showing all signs of mediocrity(F&Ms biggest mistake), Rino has 6 months of results to show for. Going around saying that Conte will take over any day now is a pathetic attitude I think, especially when Gattuso deserves our support. You never know when the next Simeone appears :D

I hope rino does an excellent job, I'm saying "don't be naive" in regards to believing every word management says.

it's not like I'm praying rino gets sacked, but this squad has a lot of weak points that are unaddressed(so far) and if things remain more or less the same, if they're expecting rino to finish top 4 then I believe they're in for a rude awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule