Fabio Capello thread

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Capello is superior to Allegri but I don't want him here. Capello really has not been impressive coaching wise for the last couple of years a so and those that screaming for more entertaining footy. Capello definitely won't provide it.

:thumbsup: I dont like allegri but dont want capello. rigid boring coach.

pirlo.

Better than all our midfielders combine

is it the same pirlo he couldnt adjust/ didnt want in his team. I see your argument that th team wasnt well equipped to utilize pirlo's skills, well then whos job is it to make that happen? Instead of build through pirlo he went for build through zlatan (inter) policy. You live and die by the decisions you make, if he gets the glory for winning anything then he should be the one taking the blame for the losses too, none of this stupid business of referees against us, injuries effecting us. And seriously these pepe's etc you are mentioneing are really average players. Pepe was probably the most ridiculed person of la nazionale

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Allegri is bustin' ma ballz.... Capello is not the most entertaining coach, I kinda want Mazzari, but since there is no alternative available, Capello would do, atleast he doesnt lose ALL the big games!

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Allegri is bustin' ma ballz.... Capello is not the most entertaining coach, I kinda want Mazzari, but since there is no alternative available, Capello would do, atleast he doesnt lose ALL the big games!

Rijkaard!! :o

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Damn, I forgot about Cassano, they would clash the moment he comes here.

The funny thing is that two of the biggest football noobs in the world are Allegri worst critics.

Yes, I'm talking about madridista and spartan.

One is a flips and trick fanboy and the other one is a peddo bear.
Ignorance is a bliss:thumbsup:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

nope. just all the games that mattered... in the world cup.

Nope, I'd disagree. Our team in 2009-10 was finished. Our team of 2011-12 is incomplete. It is the 2nd year of rebuild, and a lot of starting positions have been cemented. But due to various factors (heart problems, rapid old age etc), we'll be forced to continue the rebuilding job. I dont think that's necessarily a terrible time to take-over the club.

Not saying I want him. I consider Allegri to be superior to him at this stage.

i used the term finished in a more philosophical sense. By finished i meant Milan the 'team' is quite finished. This season has been a real eye opener for me. This team is built on some really shaky foundation from what i have noticed as compared to last season. This team hinges on : a) Ibrahimovic's mood swings b) Cassano's heart c) Gattuso's eyes d) Aquilani's ankles.

Take out any one of those individuals and the plaster of paris falls apart very easily. Especially against the bigger teams that exploit all our weaknesses to the fullest.

Now come to think of it you could say it is incomplete. But i would go one step further and say it is an incomplete house of cards.

However i agree that Allegri at the moment is the right choice as coach. I dont judge him and I refuse to judge him until he has a proper team at his disposal. I judge people incharge of transfers tho whcih Allegri has very little hand in.

Last edited:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Capello would never come here. If he doesn't put up with FA's shit, how on earth would he put up with B&G's shit? Our coach has zero input/control in player purchases.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Don fabio will never come back home :cry: hope he doesnt join another italian club

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don fabio will never come back home :cry: hope he doesnt join another italian club

Hard to see any other italian club apart from Inter (unless he comes to milan)

Juve are pretty happy with what they have.
Roma are on project thing plus they are pretty angry for when he betrayed them and when to juve.
He left after feeling unappreciated by B&G.
That just leaves inter, who are in a slump and have an ever fire-able coach :tongue:

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
doesn't take no shit. boss :)

will never come here though lol

that's a sad lol

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
AlOLHOqCAAAVkOV.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/GraemeBandeira/status/167630567448379393/photo/1

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
i used the term finished in a more philosophical sense. By finished i meant Milan the 'team' is quite finished. This season has been a real eye opener for me. This team is built on some really shaky foundation from what i have noticed as compared to last season. This team hinges on : a) Ibrahimovic's mood swings b) Cassano's heart c) Gattuso's eyes d) Aquilani's ankles.

Take out any one of those individuals and the plaster of paris falls apart very easily. Especially against the bigger teams that exploit all our weaknesses to the fullest.

Now come to think of it you could say it is incomplete. But i would go one step further and say it is an incomplete house of cards.

However i agree that Allegri at the moment is the right choice as coach. I dont judge him and I refuse to judge him until he has a proper team at his disposal. I judge people incharge of transfers tho whcih Allegri has very little hand in.

Pained that you didnt mention Boateng. More crucial to Allegri's style than Aquilani or Gattuso.. And sometimes even Zlatan/Cassano..

There's nothing wrong with this, you know.. We have just been tremendously unlucky with injuries disrupting momentum.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Re-unite with Cassano and Ibra?!

To say only rabbits run away to Cassano again and then to see Cassano imitating him? That could be cool.

Seriously, I like Capello a lot, but a) he won't come back to Milan. b) Capello, as shown with England, wasn't able to change mediocre to gold, what makes you guys think he will at Milan? When a 36 year old Seedorf and Urby are your only sources of creativity in the midfield, then there's not much to work with. He won't start Pato ahead of Ibra, cause that's pointless on every level, in fact I'm pretty sure Capello wouldn't tolerate a Pato case in Milan, so he would leave anyway (and eitherway Pato is out so why discuss that?)

All in all really what the hell more can we do with the squad available atm? Everything that can be done has been done, Allegri has tried to get the best of the players he has right now, and yeah it's not working, but there's really little else to do. FFS, we all even recognize that when the full squad is available it still has some limitations, imagine when key players are out, what else can we do? "Not being boring", well yeah there's only so much you can do with MVB, Ambro, Seedorf, Urby as your only midfielders. Start a young team? Yeah I like starting young teams in Coppa, but you don't friggin' do that vs Juventus, don't be naive, those kids aren't ready for such a game even if its Coppa. And the few ones that are well El Shaarawy was there, and scored, the others were injured. So deal with it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
To say only rabbits run away to Cassano again and then to see Cassano imitating him? That could be cool.

Seriously, I like Capello a lot, but a) he won't come back to Milan. b) Capello, as shown with England, wasn't able to change mediocre to gold, what makes you guys think he will at Milan? When a 36 year old Seedorf and Urby are your only sources of creativity in the midfield, then there's not much to work with. He won't start Pato ahead of Ibra, cause that's pointless on every level, in fact I'm pretty sure Capello wouldn't tolerate a Pato case in Milan, so he would leave anyway (and eitherway Pato is out so why discuss that?)

All in all really what the hell more can we do with the squad available atm? Everything that can be done has been done, Allegri has tried to get the best of the players he has right now, and yeah it's not working, but there's really little else to do. FFS, we all even recognize that when the full squad is available it still has some limitations, imagine when key players are out, what else can we do? "Not being boring", well yeah there's only so much you can do with MVB, Ambro, Seedorf, Urby as your only midfielders. Start a young team? Yeah I like starting young teams in Coppa, but you don't friggin' do that vs Juventus, don't be naive, those kids aren't ready for such a game even if its Coppa. And the few ones that are well El Shaarawy was there, and scored, the others were injured. So deal with it.

:thumbsup:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

But the grass is always greener :)

I'm serious when I say only Ibra would start in his old milan ucl teams.

Since van Basten was done by then, it's fair to say Zlatan is better than massaro/strikers of time.

None of our mids start over Savicevic, Boban, Donadoni, Albertini, Desailley. That's not even a question.

Thiago or Nesta in 2012 certainly don't start over Baresi or Costacurta. Maybe Thiago would be used at RB over tassotti, that's always an option.

---

Moving forward, anyone who complains Allegri won't bench Ibra is new to serie A. Capello benched captain and talisman (while still basically in his prime) for Zlatan in 04-06. And that Zlatan was not nearly as good as this one. Infact in 2005-6, it was arguably Zlatan's worst year. Jube fans were annoyed.

He banished Cassano twice. He's as no-nonsense as Allegri, and as pragmatic. Pato would be sent to primavera if his act continued.

The irony is, the reason I like Allegri so much is cause he's like Capello. As egalitarian as they come. Truly as close to no bias as you can find. A big reason, Capello himself lauds Allegri's work and potential for more.

---

Let's see the talent actually upgraded before we blast Allegri

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pained that you didnt mention Boateng. More crucial to Allegri's style than Aquilani or Gattuso.. And sometimes even Zlatan/Cassano..

There's nothing wrong with this, you know.. We have just been tremendously unlucky with injuries disrupting momentum.

think it's a yin-yang thing, tbh.

I've beginning to agree, I think Boateng is more important, however considering Clarence looks royally done, if we have no ball-player in CM period, it's a bigger loss than Boateng.

I'm kind of sad, Boateng didn't get a full season thouh. Way he was playing and improvements he's made... no reason to think he couldn't duplicate what Hamsik does. I truly think if he got 30 serie A games we'd see 10-15 goals, handful of assists, and that helps compensate for lack of goals from robinho or even cassano, who are also in that same range at best.

16 games, 7 goals, 3 assists in all competitions . Passing heavily improved. He's been productive.

And most of this transformation and improvement, directly responsible to allegri. Not to play market-time here again, but I think with Montolivo coming. Add another cm with real bite (I like nianggolan but their are many options... montolivo, aquilani, nianggolan..boateng infront. That's a damn good midfield who compliments each other perfectly.

Last edited:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
The irony is, the reason I like Allegri so much is cause he's like Capello. As egalitarian as they come. Truly as close to no bias as you can find. A big reason, Capello himself lauds Allegri's work and potential for more.

---

Hope this opens the eyes of everyone who doubt Allegri :)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hope this opens the eyes of everyone who doubt Allegri :)

my (monte)***** :D

I seriously got nostalgic and upset typing those names of capello's midfield. First i was like damn, what a midfield.... on bar with barcas today and best ever. THEN I started thinking, wtf... the difference between that and nocerino + the wheelchair gang :mad:. I'm still bummed after all he proved last year, management didn't invest in allegri properly :/

By the way just noticed this, how those over 25 seem to back allegri ,siting squad, and those under don't. There's really a clear split.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
But the grass is always greener :)

I'm serious when I say only Ibra would start in his old milan ucl teams.

Since van Basten was done by then, it's fair to say Zlatan is better than massaro/strikers of time.

None of our mids start over Savicevic, Boban, Donadoni, Albertini, Desailley. That's not even a question.

Thiago or Nesta in 2012 certainly don't start over Baresi or Costacurta. Maybe Thiago would be used at RB over tassotti, that's always an option.

---

Moving forward, anyone who complains Allegri won't bench Ibra is new to serie A. Capello benched captain and talisman (while still basically in his prime) for Zlatan in 04-06. And that Zlatan was not nearly as good as this one. Infact in 2005-6, it was arguably Zlatan's worst year. Jube fans were annoyed.

He banished Cassano twice. He's as no-nonsense as Allegri, and as pragmatic. Pato would be sent to primavera if his act continued.

---

Exactly, there's nothing Capello would do different from what Allegri's been doing right now, except be more vocal about situations cause he's Capello (doesn't mean he'll get what he wants, he would probably resign). You can't do much with 4 midfielders available (three of them being 34+). And the hopeful ones believing he would bench Zlatan for Pato cause he did with Del Piero to let the young talent grow have to realize a few things, Zlatan at Pato's age was better, Del Piero was like 32-33, and already showing signs of big decline (he improved a bit some years later but still).

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Personally I never felt the trequartista position is a one of great significance to allegri but maybe you are right that he is more important than Aquilani. Gattuso is a huuuuuge miss. I just keep looking at Abate and i get reminded of this fact over and over again. And also the number of goals we concede due to lack of intelligence bar Van Bommel is quite self evident. Gattuso getting injured did a number on our defense and indirect decline of Abate did a number on our offence. A double whammy of sorts.

There is something wrong with that system. Injury prone players doing play making, over reliance on moody indisciplined players, and long term injuries to the unsung heroes that actually kept our team going and the best of all - no real backup. There is just too much to do and half of them are not getting any younger. I would give it 2 seasons max before we start to regress again when Ibra decides to pack his bags then the real fun begins.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
think it's a yin-yang thing, tbh.

I've beginning to agree, I think Boateng is more important, however considering Clarence looks royally done, if we have no ball-player in CM period, it's a bigger loss than Boateng.

I'm kind of sad, Boateng didn't get a full season thouh. Way he was playing and improvements he's made... no reason to think he couldn't duplicate what Hamsik does. I truly think if he got 30 serie A games we'd see 10-15 goals, handful of assists, and that helps compensate for lack of goals from robinho or even cassano, who are also in that same range at best.

16 games, 7 goals, 3 assists in all competitions . Passing heavily improved. He's been productive.

And most of this transformation and improvement, directly responsible to allegri. Not to play market-time here again, but I think with Montolivo coming. Add another cm with real bite (I like nianggolan but their are many options... montolivo, aquilani, nianggolan..boateng infront. That's a damn good midfield who compliments each other perfectly.

Indeed. I've still not given up on the season. If we can SOMEHOW stay in the CL after the first leg, and if Boateng and Aquilani gets back on board before the 2nd leg, I'll still hope for a good run.

Personally I never felt the trequartista position is a one of great significance to allegri but maybe you are right that he is more important than Aquilani. Gattuso is a huuuuuge miss. I just keep looking at Abate and i get reminded of this fact over and over again. And also the number of goals we concede due to lack of intelligence bar Van Bommel is quite self evident. Gattuso getting injured did a number on our defense and indirect decline of Abate did a number on our offence. A double whammy of sorts.

There is something wrong with that system. Injury prone players doing play making, over reliance on moody indisciplined players, and long term injuries to the unsung heroes that actually kept our team going and the best of all - no real backup. There is just too much to do and half of them are not getting any younger. I would give it 2 seasons max before we start to regress again when Ibra decides to pack his bags then the real fun begins.

A traditional trequartista wouldnt be so useful in Allegri's style, but Boateng is not that. When one says that we play 4-3-1-2, it's a very incomplete picture. Boateng's role is very different from that of a CAM. He's an 'accelerator', he injects that extra something in the final 3rd that we are missing now.

This injection of pace and audacity is a crucial part of what defined our offensive success last year and in the first part of this year. As crucial or more than Zlatan's control of the game and Cassano's ingenuity.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I think Don Fabio should relax till the summer, wait to see if CP flops and then possibly consider the Italy NT job. If not, try a completely new adventure like in Russia or some other foreign NT.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
double pivot of bommel and boateng ... angular difference of 90 degree from what sven wants but shit works properly with both ends doing completely different work .. necro i like your way of thinking

Fiero

Reaction score
Seems like no one could stop the English circus. Not even the Don.

Don't get why people are discussing him as Milan's coach as a) No one could say no to Capello. b) But why think of Capello when we have a mini-version of him?

Of course Fabio is Fabio and there's no one like him, but Allegri resembles him in some features. Disciplinarian and focuses on defense (at least last season). Though Allegri has got a little bit of Carlo in him too... a bit dynamic and tries to work with what he has. Fabio takes shit from no one. But to be fair Allegri is still in no position to give 'ultimatums' or have his wishes met instantly...

Point is those who are saying they want Capello to replace Allegri are basically contradicting themselves. As many have pointed out, the problem is in the squad not Allegri. A coach is not a magician. Even Capello couldn't do shit with England's talentless pool of players.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
A traditional trequartista wouldnt be so useful in Allegri's style, but Boateng is not that. When one says that we play 4-3-1-2, it's a very incomplete picture. Boateng's role is very different from that of a CAM. He's an 'accelerator', he injects that extra something in the final 3rd that we are missing now.

This injection of pace and audacity is a crucial part of what defined our offensive success last year and in the first part of this year. As crucial or more than Zlatan's control of the game and Cassano's ingenuity.

i personally think it's more that a traditional trequartista wouldn't be useful with Zlatan. Allegri used Cossu at trequartista, and he was focal point with CFs who were more tradiitonal. However he has Zlatan now...

Zlatan is our 'pivot' in the attack, the player who creates, the so called 'trequartista', another player who heavily dwells on the ball will diminish him in the attacking 3rd. And especially when you consider our other forwards like to create too.

If we used a system with a traditional trequartista (lets say someone like Rui Costa), then Boateng's role as "accelerator" etc. is more useful in the position nocerino plays.

Something like adding a better passer to CM, keeping boateng in his role with zlatan playing with robinho or cassano is more beneficial.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My criticism of Allegri has nothing to do with the lack of quality that he has but strictly on his decision making at times. Pushing many players forward which gives team an opportunity to counter. His inability to make adjustments when Milan are clearly struggling. Milan record against the top 7 is pathetic. I am not saying he should when all those games but the performances has to be much better.

Fiero

Reaction score
My criticism of Allegri has nothing to do with the lack of quality that he has but strictly on his decision making at times. Pushing many players forward which gives team an opportunity to counter. His inability to make adjustments when Milan are clearly struggling. Milan record against the top 7 is pathetic. I am not saying he should when all those games but the performances has to be much better.

Look at the players at his disposal.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i personally think it's more that a traditional trequartista wouldn't be useful with Zlatan. Allegri used Cossu at trequartista, and he was focal point with CFs who were more tradiitonal. However he has Zlatan now...

Zlatan is our 'pivot' in the attack, the player who creates, the so called 'trequartista', another player who heavily dwells on the ball will diminish him in the attacking 3rd. And especially when you consider our other forwards like to create too.

If we used a system with a traditional trequartista (lets say someone like Rui Costa), then Boateng's role as "accelerator" etc. is more useful in the position nocerino plays.

Something like adding a better passer to CM, keeping boateng in his role with zlatan playing with robinho or cassano is more beneficial.

Definitely. All that followed and the system that was devised by Allegri was after we signed Zlatan as our key player.

If this stagnates in a year or two, we'll move to a different style. But for now, this is how we are and is the way forward in the short to medium term future.