Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
It wasn't Milicic who throw the chair it was Krstic. And no one will be punish-official FIBA.

Mistake :) I mistyped. Ment Krstic :)

No one?! ... damn don´t know if that is the right way to go. There should be some sanctions on both sides.

Last edited:

alex1234

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RONALDINHO ; Pato ; Messi ; Di Maria
wow did you watch the fight between greece and serbia !?!!??!?! haahahha i just laughed all night long on the player who just used the chair on a wrong person ... he's like 4 meters long and a real beast ... and he use the chair like a puss hahahha ... and on who .. on the wrong person hahahahah sissy ass player !!! lol !

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
rudy gay is a joke

congrats you can dunk. Now learn to play basketball

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
USA with some problems yesterday in the first half but a 17-0 score in the second sealed the win. Lithuania is by far the most dangerous 3point shooting team in Europe but USA managed to held them at only 23% or 3 shots made... good defence.

One of the rare things that I preffer by International rules against NBA is the assist rule. In europe giving 6 assist is huge when in NBA 14 is close to normal :D

By NBA rules Rondo might have yesterday around 6 asists but so he got only 1. :)

Next: Spain - USA should be the real test but I don´t expect that teams will show all they got. This will be just an exibition.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Curry just earned his spot by not playing yesterday. USA couldn't shoot from outside for shit.

IMO he's absolutely imperative

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It starts today!

No tough games for the favourites. The ones that might be close:

Russia - Portorico
Canada - Lebanon

And maybe Greece - China and France - Spain but still anything else but a win from Greeks and Spaniards would be a big surprise.

USA, Brazil, Turkey, Lithuania, Slovenia should won with ease.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
LIB/CAN - Emotional Lebanon storm home
28/08/2010

IZMIR (FIBA World Championship) - A disciplined 24-13 final quarter and the brilliance of stalwart Fadi El Khatib have delivered an emotional 81-71 victory over Canada in Izmir, which they celebrated with their vocal fans.

For much of the game Canada looked the better team, but a stunning second half display by El Khatib (31 points, 8 rebounds) and strong support from point guard Rony Fahed (17 points) and Matt Freije (12 points, 4/7 three pointers) allowed Lebanon to record their come-from-behind victory.

For Canada, Joel Anthony was a force inside with 17 points and 6 rebounds, and received support from Andy Rautins (10 points), Denham Brown (13 points) and Levon Kendall (11 rebounds).

Crucially, Lebanon restricted Anthony and Rautins, who were dominant in the first half, to just two field goal attempts in the final quarter.

Both teams promised to play quick and in the first quarter they delivered, thrilling the large crowd in Izmir. Rautins nailed two big three pointers early, which were answered in kind by Lebanon big man Matt Freije.

Canada broke free after quarter time and consecutive Anthony baskets gave them a 30-25 lead. But Lebanon answered to draw even to set the trend for the next two quarters.

Canada started the third term with a 7-1 run, but Lebanon answered immediately through back-to-back threes from El Khatib and Fahed.

Canada then responded with two of their own to take a 52-44 lead with 4:45 to play, but El Khatib would not let his team lie down, scoring at will near the basket on his way to 16 points for the quarter to bring Lebanon within one.

The last quarter was all Lebanon, who executed in the half court and coolly converted important free throws, leaving Canada coach Leo Rautins to lament his team shooting 2/9 from the perimeter in the final term and a 26-11 foul count.

Lebanon faces France tomorrow at 6:30pm, while Canada will regroup to take on Lithuania at 4pm.

FIBA

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/en...nid/43560/orderby//rid//sid/4728/article.html

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lebanon screwed me over on betting. Damn! :) there goes 5 euros :D

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You watched the match? What was your opinion?

I was suprised... I knew that it might be close but in the end I expected Canada to come out on top.

Lebanon is now in a great position to qualify for top 16 which I guess would be awesome for them. They need to beat New Zeland and they are through.

But they are a team that is not tacticly as good as others. So teams like this can win against "better" opponents just if one guy goes mad... and that is what happened El Khatib scored 31 points :eek: And in international basketball where if you want to win you can´t get more then 60 points that is HUGE.

That is why I expect Lebanon to also lose some games around 20,30 points. When a big team plays hard defense (which Canada did not) if you count only on indivudual effort or you will get crashed and that is where Lebanon is suffering. But I bet the game against NZ will go down to the wire.

About other games France came up with a huge surprise against Spain :star:

USA cruised past Croatia... still I did not like their game to much solo actions didn´t see a play with more then 3 passes. But I guess they don´t need anything else the inividual quality is scary... and fuck they are so fast :star:

Just heard yesterday that USA hasn´t won the WC for 16 years!

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was suprised... I knew that it might be close but in the end I expected Canada to come out on top.

Lebanon is now in a great position to qualify for top 16 which I guess would be awesome for them. They need to beat New Zeland and they are through.

But they are a team that is not tacticly as good as others. So teams like this can win against "better" opponents just if one guy goes mad... and that is what happened El Khatib scored 31 points :eek: And in international basketball where if you want to win you can´t get more then 60 points that is HUGE.

That is why I expect Lebanon to also lose some games around 20,30 points. When a big team plays hard defense (which Canada did not) if you count only on indivudual effort or you will get crashed and that is where Lebanon is suffering. But I bet the game against NZ will go down to the wire.
:star:

I can't agree more to be honest. Despite the thought that I was very glad we won yesterday, but that's not the performance I was hoping for. In the "pre-world cup tournaments", we were displaying very good team-work. This is what the Coach(Boldwen) was trying to do with the team. I just hope Canada was "a one-match" thing.

Our problem was that the Lebanese Basketball Federation took a a long time to appoint a coach, and thus the team wasn't able to gel the way they should.

Making it to the second round would be great, but what I really care about is our players giving it their all on the court - all the time.

Today it's Lebanon Vs France - it's going to very hard.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After the win against Spain France is flying high. Not the best moment to play against them. You guys know how to play ball but a win against France would be the ultimate surprise. I didn´t rate France at all before the WC but it seems they have something up their sleeve :)

Lebanon needs a win against NZ. NZ are not bad they beat Slovenia in friendly tournament after 2 OT where one guy scored more then 50 points on us.

Slovenia is playing USA. I just hope for a solid performance ... we beat Tunisia yesterday by 24 points so if by the and of the day we are still positive in the basket received and scored stats I will be happy :)

It is a good schedule for Slovenia. Yesterday was an easy match the best players played only around 20min and today a win is not expected so our guys are rested for the important games.

FUUUUUCKKK now that is speed what a crossover :star:

And basket of the day :D

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After the win against Spain France is flying high. Not the best moment to play against them. You guys know how to play ball but a win against France would be the ultimate surprise. I didn´t rate France at all before the WC but it seems they have something up their sleeve :)

Lebanon needs a win against NZ. NZ are not bad they beat Slovenia in friendly tournament after 2 OT where one guy scored more then 50 points on us.

Slovenia is playing USA. I just hope for a solid performance ... we beat Tunisia yesterday by 24 points so if by the and of the day we are still positive in the basket received and scored stats I will be happy :)

It is a good schedule for Slovenia. Yesterday was an easy match the best players played only around 20min and today a win is not expected so our guys are rested for the important games.

FUUUUUCKKK now that is speed what a crossover :star:
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A deserved win for USA happy that we didn´t lose by bigger margin but it could also be less.
Get to watch USA closely and their starting five with Durant, Igoudala, Odom, Rose, Marbury is amazign :star: saddly the second five is not even close to them.
Starting five plays awesome... great defense, super rebounding, most of the time taking smart shots.

Love, Westbrook, Gordon, Igoudala, Gay... the way they play is moronic. If I were coach you would rot on the bench if you would play like that. When you lead for 24 points you just don´t shoot just after 7s get a rebound and take a shot after 2seconds. That is how you let a good team back in the game + taking really bad shots, bad defense, playing faster then you are able to think... Westbrook makes horrible decisions his judgement needs a lot of work... not smart enough for such tactical game. Rose is MJ to him.

Coach K will have to stop with this nonesense of changing all five players at once coz they have far too less quality to chalenge best teams and will lose the WC in the end.

Even though Love had a double-double today I don´t know what is he doing in the team... USA have so many better players to choose from. Slovenia left two players at home (they didn´t want to play this year:) ) who are much better then Love and I am being objective. Him having a double double just shows how inferior Slovenia was under the basket.

Anyway I am 90% that Durant, Marbury, Rose, Odom will win them the championship. Best players in this WC.

Last edited:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah baby! Slovenia beat Brazil to finish second in the group!

Now against Australia or Angola and we are off in to the top 8!

Brazil almost beat USA... the first team that showed that it can be done. The hunt is open.

Spain lost for the second time and they will finish 3. in the group. It sucks if you are second and get Spain in the 1/8.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Yeah baby! Slovenia beat Brazil to finish second in the group!

Now against Australia or Angola and we are off in to the top 8!

Brazil almost beat USA... the first team that showed that it can be done. The hunt is open.

Spain lost for the second time and they will finish 3. in the group. It sucks if you are second and get Spain in the 1/8.

This USA kinda suck.

I watched Brazil x Slovenia and Brazil lost so many chances, it was unbelievable.

Slovenia scored 70 points and then kept 10 minutes or more without scoring. That was crazy. And Brazil just couldn't reach the score.

USA almost lost to a team that is definitely not good. The only thing Brazil has is balls.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This USA kinda suck.

I watched Brazil x Slovenia and Brazil lost so many chances, it was unbelievable.

Slovenia scored 70 points and then kept 10 minutes or more without scoring. That was crazy. And Brazil just couldn't reach the score.

USA almost lost to a team that is definitely not good. The only thing Brazil has is balls.

Not true...
Huertas the PG from Brazil is one of the best PG in Europe if not the best and until now the best PG on the WC.
Thiago Splitter is also great he will play for San Antonio Spurs this season. The problem with Brazil is that they only have 7 good players.

Slovenia played great 33min and was a better team. Leading by 17 and then a huge fall because Brazil played zone defense.

About USA. Don´t know why Westbrook plays. He is too stupid to play on this level. Billups, Rose and Curry should be on the PG. Westbrook messes all up for them.
But it is clear that USA have so many better players that stayed at home.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This USA kinda suck.

They took a super small team. Kevin Love @ Center? He's 21 and barely 6ft9 with NO jumping ability (though a very good PF). Lamar Odom at center? he's a power forward. Kevin Durant and Rudy Gay at PF? They are most definitely SFs.

USA are playing a VERY young and undersized team. They NEED to play Curry more as he's only 3pt shooter they have. V. Brazil they could not shoot from outside...problem is of course in nba he is PG and so for team usa he plays SG and is undersized defensively

BTW how good was Durant v. Brazil? You know he just turned 22. He set record last year as youngest scoring champ in nba history. Broke Lebron's record, who broke Michael Jordan. He is a machine

Last edited:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They took a super small team. Kevin Love @ Center? He's 21 and barely 6ft9 with NO jumping ability (though a very good PF). Lamar Odom at center? he's a power forward. Kevin Durant and Rudy Gay at PF? They are most definitely SFs.

USA are playing a VERY young and undersized team. They NEED to play Curry more as he's only 3pt shooter they have. V. Brazil they could not shoot from outside...

BTW how good was Durant v. Brazil? You know he just turned 22. He set record last year as youngest scoring champ in nba history. Broke Lebron's record, who broke Michael Jordan. He is a machine

It´s obvious that coach K should play Curry more. I don´t get why he doesn´t get any minutes. He played a little more against Iran and even though they are a poor team he showed that he is a really smart player... didn´t rush things and made almost no mistakes he missed some shots but that is not the point. He doesn´t force things like Rose or Westbrooke who commit a lot of turnovers and also his passes are nice :star:

Durant is sick. A monster. He can do anything he wants. Wouldn´t expect a guy of his size to be such a great shooter, jumper, can penetrate... He is incredibly fast, great techniqe and a :star: awesome shooter. :star:
Against Brazil was the only one who stood out. I think he scored more then 25 points.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It´s obvious that coach K should play Curry more. I don´t get why he doesn´t get any minutes. He played a little more against Iran and even though they are a poor team he showed that he is a really smart player... didn´t rush things and made almost no mistakes he missed some shots but that is not the point. He doesn´t force things like Rose or Westbrooke who commit a lot of turnovers and also his passes are nice :star:

Yeah man, i LOVE Curry.... he's so smart, no other way to describe him. You can tell he's son of a former NBA player, his bball iq is off the charts for a rookie.

Defense is main reason.

Curry is a so-so defense @ PG, but @ SG particularly v. better teams is heavily exposed. It's not that he's only 6ft3 or 180lbs. But he's NOT LONG. Chauncey Billups for ex. who is also 6-3 is 215-220 lbs and MUCH longher arms, making up for height deficiency.

Yeah Curry is soo smart, and for Warriors he is pure PG. I kind of scoffed when people said he'd be 'next nash' but it's really not as off as i thought. When he runs the show he is awesome.

Rose/Westbrook are athletic freaks and defensively much stronger than Curry. I think Coach K is building his team on defense first

Durant is sick. A monster. He can do anything he wants. Wouldn´t expect a guy of his size to be such a great shooter, jumper, can penetrate... He is incredibly fast, great techniqe and a :star: awesome shooter. :star:
Against Brazil was the only one who stood out. I think he scored more then 25 points.

Yeah he is sole reason OKC is so good. Rest of team are defensive first players (not bad) but he's expected to do everything on offense. He's a freak and more so, i love his work ethic

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

USA are playing a VERY young and undersized team. They NEED to play Curry more as he's only 3pt shooter they have. V. Brazil they could not shoot from outside...problem is of course in nba he is PG and so for team usa he plays SG and is undersized defensively

Yeah I noticed that. I was even thinking like "well the brazilians aren't that skinny" because the size difference between both teams wasn't that big.

I only watched the last minutes of USA x Brazil and I was like "hmmm maybe this Brazil is good". But then I saw the game against Slovenia with so many good chances lost and I started to think that maybe USA isn't that good haha.

Don't the americans consider kinda disrespectful that the best players decline to play for the NT or they're like "meh, fuck that. NBA is what really matters"?

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah I noticed that. I was even thinking like "well the brazilians aren't that skinny" because the size difference between both teams wasn't that big.

I only watched the last minutes of USA x Brazil and I was like "hmmm maybe this Brazil is good". But then I saw the game against Slovenia with so many good chances lost and I started to think that maybe USA isn't that good haha.

Don't the americans consider kinda disrespectful that the best players decline to play for the NT or they're like "meh, fuck that. NBA is what really matters"?

I wouldn´t compare teams like that "we beat team A and team A beat team B so we are better then team B."
Brazil played good against USA coz they understand their style of play and are used to it. They play many times in the American games. And yes they have balls... Slovenia, Croatia went in to the game like "lets lose by less then 30points."

USA are very young... so a more experienced team might beat them. Saw Turkey and they played amazing, Greece is good too. They lost to Russia intentionally today so they are 3. in the group and will avoid Spain in 1/16.

And it seems that WC actually doesn´t matter. This WC is really poor. Spain missing Gasol, Argentina (Ginobili, Nocioni, Oberto), Germany (Nowitzki), France (Parker), Slovenia (Udrih, Smodis, Lorbek, Vujacic :head:), China (Ming), USA (every star player you can think of)

For example you can´t compare WC in basketball and in football. The thing that is the most important (or equally to the NBA title) is the Olympic games. Creme de la creme gathers there. Even USA sends their best players most of the time.

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Rašić!!!!!!!!! A man who make the difference!

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rašić!!!!!!!!! A man who make the difference!

A really poor game with both teams making huge mistakes.

Serbia had a poor day. Never seen Teodosic play so bad :eek:

The mistakes Croatia did in the last 10s :head:

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
A really poor game with both teams making huge mistakes.

Serbia had a poor day. Never seen Teodosic play so bad :eek:

The mistakes Croatia did in the last 10s :head:

Yeah right...that really was the poor game.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes bitches!!! Best 8 teams in the world!!!

A blowout against Australia +29!!!

:star: :star: :star:

Last edited:

Schedule