What was the nicest goal you ever saw?

vLaDuT

Beginner
Reaction score
I wonder: how could you even rate a goal? if anyone can do that please tell me what's your opinion?
I like very much MvB's goal in '88 agains USSR

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Good topic mate.....ummm, I like to break this into categories....

Euro Championships: Super Marco's volley vs USSR
World Cup: Dieguito slaloming through the England's defence/ or the 4th goal in the 70 world cup final.....a true Brasilian demonstration.

Champs League: Seedorfs 50 meter rocket for Madrid in 97 or 98

League play......goodness......no clue, actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheva's historic (non-cross) at the Delle Alpi last year after toying with Thuram & Montero.......excellent goal, and if any of you don't know what I speak of, I have it saved on my computer and I can send it to anyone who wants.....

Also, Van Basten's bycicle kick for Ajax vs Den Bosch

Actually......every goal I speak of I have on the hard drive of my machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil2:

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
vLaDuT said:
I wonder: how could you even rate a goal? if anyone can do that please tell me what's your opinion?
I like very much MvB's goal in '88 agains USSR

That's it!
I know that his goal was amazing and concidered as one of the best goals in the history of the football.....but i have never seen it :mad:

And i agree with RivippoRuiNestaShevdini about Sheva's goal against Juve....oh it was really amazing,i like it very much;)
Btw can u send it to me pls

And do you have Van Basten's against USSR????PLs,pls send it to me if you have it :cool:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
GREAT TOPIC!:)

I kept meaning to start one, but kept forgeting. This is such a hard topic.

I know the best goal I ever say live was the San Jose Earthquakes vs. Columbus Crew. Ronnie Ecklund had a free indirect free kick about 40 yard from goal. Instead of a teammate tapping it to him or passing it, Richard Mulrooney lifted it straight up in the air and he came in w/ a thunderous Bruce Lee like volley to shot it just in side the top right corner. You guys should check it out. Go to: http://majorleaguesoccer.com/multimedia/index2.html

Scroll down a tiny bit to:
Week 25 - September 5-7, 2002
Columbus at San Jose
With just a few games to go in the regular season it will be difficult to rival Ekelund's Goal of the Year entry (Quicktime)

CHECK IT OUT :D
Click on Quicktime to download it. It was similar to Dario Rodriguez's goal for Uruguray vs. Denmark at WC'02. I know most of you don't watch the MLS, even the ones in the US, but there are some really good goals and this one was particularly great! You can actually see almost every goal from the season, which you should look at... at least some of them.

You can see the playoff goals from the MLS @: http://majorleaguesoccer.com/multimedia/

But not including the MLS. Bergkamp's goal vs. Argentina in '94 was great
Van Basten's bicycle vs. Den Bosch was amazing, Raul had a nice bicycle vs. Valencia 2 years ago, Seedorf got off a lazer for Madrid from about 45 yards, almost all of Veron's crazy bending free-kick goals, and Beckham's goal from just over midfield was great as well.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
EXCELLENT TOPIC MATE!

I completely agree with Donatello's choices especially with MVB's goal for Ajax and Seedorf's rocket for Real and Maradonna against England.

I'd add,

Eder (Brasil-world cup '82- Vs. Russia & Scotland - 2 spectacular goals)
Rivaldo Bicycle Kick (Barça Vs. Valencia)
Bergkamp (Arsenal Vs. Newcastle)

Best Free Kicks would have to be
Eder - Brasil Vs. Young Boys Berne 1983
Roberto Carlos for Brasil Vs. France

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
I totally agree with Donatello.........

Just one more score:
Zidane's during last Champions League final game

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ok-ok-ok......I forgot about this one, but hopefully the rest of you have not. Anyone recall King George Weah's Half pitch run through Verona???????

:devil2:

Klelia22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I would definitely say that the free kick by Roberto Carlos in the Brazil Vs France game for the cup of 97 before the WC... :eek: amazing! and I have it taped! what a CURVE!!!!!!!
But well, that is a pretty technical thing but I would say that those goals that even not pretty are scored at the last minutes and change history are kind of my favorites... (except when we get those :cry: ), that is why i get SOOOOO nervous in the last minutes of a match! :head: ... in this very moment I cannot think of one. :conf:

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
This is my favorits:

1). Marco van Basten bycicle kick when he play for Ajax
2). Seedorf for Real Madrid - I really hope he score like that for Milan soon :D
3). Marc Wilmots for Belgium against Japan - all the action and passing before the goal was also great
4). Rivaldo bycicle kick when he play for Barcellona
5). Rivaldo for Brasil against Belgium was very nice also.

Has anybody seen the crazy save by the former goalkeeper for Columbia when he does like a acrobatic save and kick the ball with the back of his feets? That was pretty cool also :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
swedishmilanista said:
Has anybody seen the crazy save by the former goalkeeper for Columbia when he does like a acrobatic save and kick the ball with the back of his feets? That was pretty cool also :D

That I have ;)

Commonly referred to as: Rene Higuita's scorpion save.

That save or Gordon Banks miracle save on the Pele header in World Cup 70 are regarded as the best saves of the century.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dario Rodriguez goal in the world cup. The one that was a corner deflected. Anyway it hit or was kicked by about 5 people, never touching the ground until Rodriguez shot a great volley. Wilmots goal at the Wc was nice as well.

Here's another site w/ goals: http://www.blue-all-over.co.uk/mediafiles.htm

The goals there are:
Steve Watson v Man City
Steve Watson v Man City(reverse)
Radzinski v Man City
Radzinski v Man City(reverse)
Rooney v Arsenal :D
Mcbride v Spurs
Watson v Spurs
Radzinski v Spurs
Mcbride v Sunderland 1 :D
Mcbride v Sunderland 2 :D
[/code]

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jared Borgetti's WC goal against Italy was pretty nice. I really liked the way it was set up too...

Henry scored a beauty hmmm about a month ago. I had footage of it but forgot where I put it :rolleyes:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
David will like this - Hagi had a spectacular goal at WC'94

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
Henry scored a beauty hmmm about a month ago. I had footage of it but forgot where I put it :rolleyes:

Was the one against Roma?Because that one was really pretty
And after that goal he scored almost same against team in the Premier League(i don't remember against what team was that)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's so hard to pick one. Of course, you could say Diego's goal in 86, but that's just too common.

In the past two or three seasons one goal in particular has especially caught my attention: Roby Baggio's goal for Brescia against Juve. That was something else, I tell you that.

avril

Beginner
Reaction score
yes,Sheva's goal against R.Madrid and also,Gianfranco Zola's goal against Arsenal this season at stamford Bridge.And not to forget,Del Piero's goal against Newcastle.Absolutely fantastic.By the way,I like direct freekicks goals :D

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Something new and recent:

KAKA'S SCISSORS AGAINST CHIEVO YESTERDAY!

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mellanie said:
Something new and recent:

KAKA'S SCISSORS AGAINST CHIEVO YESTERDAY!

Too right Mellanie, that was a great goal! :) KK must have been sooo happy the way he jumped over the stands after he scored the goal! He played with a lot of fire yesterday. :devil2:

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I haven't seen it :mad:
But reading your posts and some other comments in the news-papers seems it was a fantastic goal!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm glad:) :D
I remember when we played with Torino(i think) last season,Kaladze scored the first goal.Nobody could belive that that would be goal,but it was and was really pretty.
That was our first win home after long time....

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
shevagirl said:
mad4milan said:

And after that goal he scored almost same against team in the Premier League(i don't remember against what team was that)

Yeah, that one was pretty too...

The one I'm refering to happened in the EPL, don't remember against whom... Basically Henry was running with the ball, the opposite guy was defending pretty well... Henry did some moves and he totally flat-footed the defender, then a nice striking shot into the net.

I searched everywhere for it...Looks like I deleted it by mistake :head: :cry:

I heard & read too that KK's goal was spectacular... Wished there was footage of it somewhere...

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I was watching some film of MVB when he played for Ajax and he scored a goal (Not the really famous bicycle kick, but another goal) that was very similar to Kala's goal. This goal will make all the highlights! :devil2:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seamus said:
David will like this - Hagi had a spectacular goal at WC'94

Dumitrescu's first goal against Argentina also deserves a mention.

I also like:
> Van Basten vs. Den Bosch
> Van Basten vs. USSR
> Savicevic vs. Barcelona
> Hagi vs. Monaco for Galatasaray
> Maradona vs. England
> Shevchenko vs. Juventus

and a lot of others I can't remember right now.

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
Champs League: Seedorfs 50 meter rocket for Madrid in 97 or 98

Also, Van Basten's bycicle kick for Ajax vs Den Bosch

nice choices

besides those two, i like Sheva's goal against Juve last season

avril

Beginner
Reaction score
Did you guys saw demetrio albertini's freekick goal against real madrid recently?Very fantastic :rolleyes:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
shevagirl said:
mad4milan said:

Yeah, that one was pretty too...

The one I'm refering to happened in the EPL, don't remember against whom... Basically Henry was running with the ball, the opposite guy was defending pretty well... Henry did some moves and he totally flat-footed the defender, then a nice striking shot into the net.

I searched everywhere for it...Looks like I deleted it by mistake :head: :cry:

I heard & read too that KK's goal was spectacular... Wished there was footage of it somewhere...

hmmm...long quote :tongue: anyways, i think i should mention Henry's goal against Man Utd (spin around volley into 90º)

Schedule