Coppa Italia QF: Milan vs Napoli – 29/01/2019 20:45 CET

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We got many hard games left that are most likely losses, and Gattuso at the wheel. Even with zero injuries we have to rely on other teams fucking up.

Thats football bitch. What? Lets say Milan and Juve are both at 37 wins at the end of a season. You would depend on Juve drawing or loosing the last game to have a chance to win the scudetto, if not both teams stand at 38 wins.

There is no shame in relying on other teams fucking up because ALL clubs do it. Main focus should of course be on winning first and foremost

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Kessie should definitely by rested. Hes been playing way too much.

Shame thay we got a shitty bench so not much we can do

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kessie should definitely by rested. Hes been playing way too much.

Shame thay we got a shitty bench so not much we can do

I'd play Mauri over him tbh. Can't be much worse than Kessie being overplayed and out of form. Even put Calabria there again to rest Kessie :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I'm glad the club doesn't have this loser outlook.

you said "not 100% to win" the last 4 seasons prove otherwise.

so for pseudo prestige you would rather add two more fixtures for a pointless cup even though milan have a thin squad with shit subs?

also, when have milan ever considered the cup a priority? under berlusconi with all the great teams we had, we only won the cup once. milan has never considered this cup as a priority, if they did we would have had a bunch of them lined up over the 30 years.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
a win here would surely lift the morale in the locker room with the roma game on deck no?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
you said "not 100% to win" the last 4 seasons prove otherwise.

so for pseudo prestige you would rather add two more fixtures for a pointless cup even though milan have a thin squad with shit subs?

also, when have milan ever considered the cup a priority? under berlusconi with all the great teams we had, we only won the cup once. milan has never considered this cup as a priority, if they did we would have had a bunch of them lined up over the 30 years.

Milan never considered the Coppa a priority because we were far better than that. We were competing for the Scudetto AND the Champions League for most of that era.

Right now, there's no chance of us winning the Scudetto. While there's at least a 1% chance of winning the Coppa Italia. We reached the finals twice in the last 3 years and lost one of those by a single goal in extra time - finals are always solitary matches that could go either way. No club with the right mentality would let go of a chance at a trophy.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forget Milan.. Inter, Napoli, Roma all will consider this tournament a priority this season. Spalletti has been given an ultimatum to either win the coppa or lose his job. Whether you like it or not, that's how it is.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan never considered the Coppa a priority because we were far better than that. We were competing for the Scudetto AND the Champions League for most of that era.

Right now, there's no chance of us winning the Scudetto. While there's at least a 1% chance of winning the Coppa Italia. We reached the finals twice in the last 4 years - finals are always solitary matches that could go either way. No club with the right mentality would let go of a chance at a trophy.

right mentality for me is going all in for the CL spot and getting it, I wasn't mad when we went out of the EL because realistically we can't beat arsenal or chelsea if they take it seriously. That gives us more rest and focus towards the league.

I'm not saying rino should tell the players go out and lose the game, I'm saying rest players for a major clash against roma.

if we somehow win with subs, there's no issue with that, if you think this cup tie is more important than the game against roma, you're being naive.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
right mentality for me is going all in for the CL spot and getting it, I wasn't mad when we went out of the EL because realistically we can't beat arsenal or chelsea if they take it seriously. That gives us more rest and focus towards the league.

I'm not saying rino should tell the players go out and lose the game, I'm saying rest players for a major clash against roma.

if we somehow win with subs, there's no issue with that, if you think this cup tie is more important that the game against roma, you're being naive.

Dude, Roma will play most of their full strength tomorrow too. This match won't affect that game in the least. Both teams will be recovering and Milan would have had an extra day of rest. On top of that, Cristante and Nzonzi are both suspended for the match against Milan.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, Roma will play most of their fullstrength tomorrow too. This match won't affect that game in the least. Both teams will be recovering and Milan would have had an extra day of rest.

I highly doubt roma will play full strength and if they do,it's in our favor to rest players since we'll arrive in better condition. we need every advantage.

there's noway you can convince me this fodder cup with no international broadcast rights is a priority over a match vs a direct 4th place competitor.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we talk about how stupid it is to play Bakayoko and Kessie together in the same midfield?

I'd rather see Borini at LW, Hakan at LCM, and Paqueta at RCM like we did against Genoa, which was the best we have played in months.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I highly doubt roma will play full strength and if they do,it's in our favor to rest players since we'll arrive in better condition. we need every advantage.

there's noway you can convince me this fodder cup with no international broadcast rights is a priority over a match vs a direct 4th place competitor.

I don't think I'm trying to convince you so that's fine :D I'm merely calling out loser attitudes.

(The Sampdoria match had many good streams. This one definitely will).

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can we talk about how stupid it is to play Bakayoko and Kessie together in the same midfield?

I'd rather see Borini at LW, Hakan at LCM, and Paqueta at RCM like we did against Genoa, which was the best we have played in months.

I'd actually like to see Rino mixing it up a little, now that Allan is back in the midfield. We aren't going to win the midfield battle, so focus on the wide areas.

Your method is kinda what I'm thinking too.. Borini-Hakan-Bakayoko-Paqueta-Castillejo, with Piatek ahead. A 4-5-1 which becomes a 4-3-3 while attacking.

Keep the ball in wide areas and go 3 vs 2 against their wide players. For instance, Hakan, Borini and Rodriguez on the left against their LM and LB.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm trying to convince you so that's fine :D I'm merely calling out loser attitudes.

(The Sampdoria match had many good streams. This one definitely will).

it's not a loser attitude, we have very shit depth and for some weird reason a lot of our "key" players have very shit gas tanks. suso can be rested for 2 weeks and look knackered 70 minutes into a match even though he doesn't even run that much.

it's just being realistic, if leonardo fixes the squad next season and half of our current starters become subs, then I'm with you on going all out for every trophy.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it's not a loser attitude, we have very shit depth and for some weird reason a lot of our "key" players have very shit gas tanks. suso can be rested for 2 weeks and look knackered 70 minutes into a match even though he doesn't even run that much.

it's just being realistic, if leonardo fixes the squad next season and half of our current starters become subs, then I'm with you on going all out for every trophy.

Again, considering the circumstances and the fact that Roma will be playing tomorrow, we risk little with the squad we have now.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
agree to disagree, hopefully sky's report is true.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
DyGOK2dXgAEMj4C

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
napoli resting 5 starters

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
If only, we could rest 5 starters and look equally strong...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
that's pretty close to full strength Napoli

ghoulam isn't a starter with ancelotti. albiol, mertens and callejon are starters.

has hamsik been injured or dropped? if he's dropped then they're resting 4 starters.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
napoli resting 5 starters

What do you mean? Ospina and Meret are basically being alternated a lot, neither is a guaranteed starter.

Mertens is not a starter anymore. Insigne-Milik are the preferred attackers.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean? Ospina and Meret are basically being alternated a lot, neither is a guaranteed starter.

Mertens is not a starter anymore. Insigne-Milik are the preferred attackers.

insigne only has 4 more starts over mertens, and 1 less goal

wasn't talking about keepers

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albiol, Mario Rui and Callejon are the 3 Ancelotti preferred starters who aren't starting. Unfortunately, their squad is good enough to have equally strong replacements. We don't have that luxury.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Allan, Fabian, Diawara and Zielinski is such a Carlo midfield.. all 4 having proper CM qualities but can play in multiple positions across the pitch. We shouldn't even be trying to keep the ball central.. please just go wide, Rino and go for the numbers advantage. Malcuit surely can't play 2 great games back to back..

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ghoulam isn't a starter with ancelotti. albiol, mertens and callejon are starters.

has hamsik been injured or dropped? if he's dropped then they're resting 4 starters.

Hamsik has been dropped for a while

Maksimovic rotates a lot with Albiol but I think he's more preferred

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Don't fucking let it go to extra time. We need fresh legs vs Roma.

Schedule