Vincenzo Montella Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Welcome. Has such a punchable face though

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Reaction score
Starting to get a bit excited. New manager, looks like new owners. Could be the fresh start Milan need.

Obviously I'm a bit apprehensive after all the false dawns but hopefully this time it works out.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Is he really the guy to take us forward? Didn't he finish below us last season?

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Is he really the guy to take us forward? Didn't he finish below us last season?

that is correct. 17 points adrift of us at 15th place with Sampdoria that had a goal difference of -13. joined samp in november 2015. the same samp who at the time had the likes of mesbah, silvestre, muriel, diakite and soriano.

we beat samp both times we faced them, albeit the broccoli victory was much less convincing than the miha victory.

he's the better option between him and giampaolo. we have a long summer ahead for him to prepare and work with the players and maybe request what players he wants the management to sell/buy.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Not my first, second, or third pick. But it's a better pick than what G wanted and especially what B wanted.

I was expecting more gloating from you

the mercato so far is so depressing... i can't be so happy only for Wincenzo, we do need better players and a new contract for Bacca until 2022

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Not the best option, not the worst one as well. Could work for transition period.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Transition to what?

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No manager can do well with silvio interfering....so basically the only way he can do well is it the chinese take over

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Didn't Montela said that Milan cheated their way in CL couple of years ago ?
But who cares really, its not like we had a former merda player coach us last year right :rolleyes:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
I dont like him, but he is better option than brocchi, welcome.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
With him, we are almost certainly getting minimum two more passing midfielders. I doubt Kucka or Montolivo would make it to his type of team.

He may be ok with Bonaventura but in an advanced role. Midfielders will probably be two passers, one energetic shuttler.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope he sets about recreating the Pizarro Valero Aquilani dynamic he created at Viola. Which of course is why Berlu and Galliani liked him in the first place.

Super difficult at the moment, because only Monto fits the mold a little from our current players, but he's not really an energetic dependable player anymore.

We may get three new midfield starters then. I'm certain about two.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
milan is in urgent for hard coaches type like Miha, combined with good tactics and strategies. is this guy fit the criteria?

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
With him, we are almost certainly getting minimum two more passing midfielders. I doubt Kucka or Montolivo would make it to his type of team.

He may be ok with Bonaventura but in an advanced role. Midfielders will probably be two passers, one energetic shuttler.

Yea I see something like this happening.

Monto has enough ability on the ball to anchor a Montella team I think. As long as we have a better passer in the midfield three and another more energetic player the midfield balance will be fine.

I just think he has been forced to be the main passer for us in the last couple years due to lack of other options while also being the only midfielder capable of protecting the defence properly (besides Kucka to an extent). Talk about a thankless task destined to fail. Your DM winning all the balls back then forced to transform into a regista spraying passes around with tired legs.

Paredes would be a good signing to compete in the anchor position with Monto, allowing him to grow without too much pressure. I like his range of passing and comfort on the ball and he is not bad defensively at all. In fact he is a little over aggressive with his sliding tackles, but that can be curtailed over time (see Verratti). I much prefer a little extra aggression vs a lazy passive attitude ala Witsel.

An option for the side CM passer role I would like us to go for is Kovacic.

I'm trying to think of a player for the third midfielder role and the ideal player would be Hamsik, who combines quality with energy. It would be some statement for us to weaken our direct rival and it may actually be plausible iff Higuain leaves and causes a chain reaction. Wishful thinking yes, but he really would be ideal.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Forza Montella!

Part of the new era.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He said he wants to fix the midfield. For that I would say he is at least on the right track.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
suggestion: mods don't move this thread, just make a new one, with a proper opening post.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Or just leave it here, because he'll get sacked in no time

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
He looks like Joey Tribbiani

images

Montella-Fiorentina.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol menon_inc was far from a Commoder. We didn't have Commoders back then. The First Commoder was patosheva, who's also the best Commoder till date.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Montella: "As of tomorrow I'll officially be Milan's Coach. It's a tough job, but I'm convinced we will make it. "

Montella: "As a child I used to dream of playing for Milan, but as I told Galliani, they never signed me. Van Basten was my idol and now I hope I will get to know him."

Montella: "Within this week we will start working seriously with the goal of returning to be great in European level not only in Italy. There is a lot of work to be done here, the challenge is massive. I know what I should expect and what to do."

Montella: "What's missing to fill the gap with Juventus? The difference is the players."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Lol menon_inc was far from a Commoder. We didn't have Commoders back then. The First Commoder was patosheva, who's also the best Commoder till date.

Old commoders were dedicated, and they all retired.