Fifa 17

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuck FIFA :o

Every year is a "big improvement" my big black ass :mad:

FIFA 16 is almost unplayable as you routinely have players OUTRUNNING your passes :rolleyes: The interceptions are absurd. The ball ALWAYS moves faster than the player in general, but in this game it's the opposite

Also there are numerous instance that the game simply takes over and determines the outcome. You could organize your defense perfectly and they will part like the Red Sea to allow a striker in.

You can station a defender at the far post and a ball will still sneak in without him batting an eye.

Unless you are absolutely and squarely facing a direction, you can't pass or shoot the ball in said direction...which is fucking ridiculous since if you have to simulate this motion, then you have to simulate the counter-response to it...which isn't.

Milan is pure shit.....that's realistic I guess :cry:

Maybe I get more salty every year as Milan becomes more shit every year....I remember beating the shit out of everybody in 2004-2005 *sigh*

This was balotelli in last years fifa, i mean for fucks sake it's almost racist

maxresdefault.jpg

dman32

Milan 4 Ever
Reaction score
I found this on youtube...the team ratings looks different, its low for some reason

Anyways this vid will be deleted later on "Probably for copy rights" I have requested Milan Ratings from this guy, and he said that he will post them

I like how the players look at each other

Last edited:

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I've got my hands on the beta guys. Feel free to ask any questions!

I'll just quickly point out that the Milan ratings have not been touched since the last FIFA 16 update. It seems like some teams haven't been done yet. Also, as it stands the Serie A is no longer licensed. It's called "Calcio A" atm. Hopefully it's just a matter of them not securing it yet, but I don't have high hopes lol.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

I'll just quickly point out that the Milan ratings have not been touched since the last FIFA 16 update. It seems like some teams haven't been done yet. Also, as it stands the Serie A is no longer licensed. It's called "Calcio A" atm. Hopefully it's just a matter of them not securing it yet, but I don't have high hopes lol.
Overall impressions on gameplay? The usual suspects - goalkeepers, through balls, long shots? Also how's the new low driven shot? Viable in-game, or just pretty to look at?

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan

They weren't able to aqcuire the license, according to this article:

FIFA 17 Fails To Secure License for Italian League “Serie A”

About FIFA 17 Gameplay:

Does the ball actually curve this time around?

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Overall impressions on gameplay? The usual suspects - goalkeepers, through balls, long shots? Also how's the new low driven shot? Viable in-game, or just pretty to look at?

I'll try to provide the main points, but overall there are some good and bad aspects of it. I feel as if they listened to the feedback (like improving passing, defending) but went overboard with it. But that may change on final release since this is only a beta.

Passing - In FIFA 16 you were massively punished if you tried to pass on an angle, and in this it seems as if you can pretty much first time pass it every time and even do 180s. We could see some ping pong play, especially with interceptions no longer being OP. It's also a bit slower to release the ball if you take a touch.

Through balls are great, however lofted through balls seem a bit too accurate. The new threaded through balls feature is a really nice addition. Great for when your forwards have a chance to get in behind but the path is blocked.

Double and triple-tap crosses seem to be a tad more effective, but not OP. However, crosses in general are pretty accurate.

Skill moves and dribbling - Skill moves have been nerfed massively. The exits are much slower and makes them practically useless. No touch has also been nerfed but can give you good acceleration if you do it while at slow-medium pace. Dribbling alike is pretty tame. The players take smaller touches and don't really burst past defenders.

In saying that, the new modification to shielding is pretty cool. They are angled now, so the player shielding the ball responds to the position of the defender, and you can turn around them nicely. You can also let the ball run across you if its bouncing and shield at the same time.

First touch - Huge huge improvement. Passes stick now, and the game is much slicker and a lot less random. In '16 it was virtually impossible to control an aerial pass or throw in properly.

Shooting - Very different, but I like the improvement. In 16 long shots were pretty OP... could pretty much straighten up and shoot across the face top corner every time. Now they are much flatter, and the success rate is more dependent on the long shot stat of the player. High near post shots are also harder to hit, which is a relief, and keepers are more aware to it. The new low driven shots are pretty cool and are effective at the right times... very satisfying to just place it low with the keeper stranded.

Goalkeepers - Hard to tell what their strengths and weaknesses are just yet, but I expect them to change when the full game comes out (as they usually do). They seem good at some things, but I've also seen some strange animations in relation to the type of shot I was going for.

Defending and collisions - Tackles are more reliable. The impact engine is not as exaggerated, so less crazy tumbles and summersaults from the victims of hard slides in. No more hilarious bloopers but collisions have less of a grey area, meaning foul decisions are more accurate and consistent.

AI - AI teammates around you have better off-the-ball movement. They actively respond to the position you're in, so they'll come short at the right times and make runs when necessary.

Free kicks and penalties - Hard AF to get used to, but seems like something that will be good once you get the hang of it. Running and contact animations are ******ed though.

Does the ball actually curve this time around?

What do you mean by this?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Free kicks and penalties - Hard AF to get used to, but seems like something that will be good once you get the hang of it. Running and contact animations are ******ed though.

so no more left stick up, 2 bars of power, release on contact ?

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
What do you mean by this?
Haven't you noticed in 16, whether you Pass(Ground and Air), Shoot or Cross, the ball has next to no curve and instead goes in a fairly straight line?

And the more the ball should horizontally arc, the more it vertically arcs?

Most notable when crossing or switching play from one flank to another via lob pass.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents

We are fucked hahahahaha

I'm still looking for the Milan one

Juventus
CqAZ2AKWEAAl7iC.jpg:large

That is absolutely insane

As for Milan's ratings, this is what I expect to see at most -

Gigio 75, Abate 78, Paletta 78, Romagnoli 78-79, DES 78, Montolivo 79-80, Kuco 78, Bonaventura 81, Sosa 80, Niang 78, Suso 77, Bacca 82-83

Wow looking at it this way, that's so poor

Last edited:

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
so no more left stick up, 2 bars of power, release on contact ?
Not exactly. There are a few steps to it which can all affect the flight of the ball.

Step 1: Use the right stick to move your player left, right, up (closer to the ball), down (backing away from the ball). If you choose to, you don't need to move your player at all.

Step 2: Power up

Step 3: Move the left stick to change spin (this may be simultaneous with the power up)

I tried out a few different scenarios. Walking away from the ball and running at it straight on with top spin resulted in a really cool looking knuckle shot, which I've never seen before on FIFA. Can just imagine the possibilities.

Haven't you noticed in 16, whether you Pass(Ground and Air), Shoot or Cross, the ball has next to no curve and instead goes in a fairly straight line?

And the more the ball should horizontally arc, the more it vertically arcs?

Most notable when crossing or switching play from one flank to another via lob pass.

Not sure, usually depends on who is passing it for me.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Not exactly. There are a few steps to it which can all affect the flight of the ball.

Step 1: Use the right stick to move your player left, right, up (closer to the ball), down (backing away from the ball). If you choose to, you don't need to move your player at all.

Step 2: Power up

Step 3: Move the left stick to change spin (this may be simultaneous with the power up)

I tried out a few different scenarios. Walking away from the ball and running at it straight on with top spin resulted in a really cool looking knuckle shot, which I've never seen before on FIFA. Can just imagine the possibilities.

interesting...makes me think of roberto carlos vs france :lol:

Not sure, usually depends on who is passing it for me.

yeah, even in older fifas players with 85+ passing sometimes put extreme curve and weight in their passes

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Great write up IcyD :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
I think I'll maybe get a ps4 for this, seems like they added a lot of stuff into it. PS3 version of fifa 16 got stale very quickly.

I heard there's a new cheaper ps4 version coming out soon aswell.
How's the diff between ps3 and ps4 for fifa 16?

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
EA so scared of United. Rooney 86 wtf. He's been overrated for the past 3 seasons but they won't bring him down

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Some don't even want him starting for Man U or England :lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Everyone got upgrades except for Messi :lol:

Real look absolutely crazy. Might be the best ever team in Fifa history.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Mati 79 CAM with 5star skills :thumbsup:

El Shaa also 5 star

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
the new set piece system seems interesting but it's a bit strange.

I miss easy FKs and penalties but score the ones from crazy angles and panenkas.

The corners are interesting. I love setting up long shots, but the crossing seems inconsistent; the only way I can score from crosses is with a strong player on the short post + driven kick

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
finally playing and its pretty awesome, my first time playing ultimate team though.....

My first ever pack, I got Hazard.

DO I sell him, and build a strong team, or wait and build around him as Ill probably never have enough coins or luck to get him again

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
I don't understand the set-piece thing yet.

I like the journey, but unskippable cutscenes is annoying sometimes.

Milan is better than fifa 16.

Game feels better than 16. But i only played it for a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the new set piece system seems interesting but it's a bit strange.

I miss easy FKs and penalties but score the ones from crazy angles and panenkas.

The corners are interesting. I love setting up long shots, but the crossing seems inconsistent; the only way I can score from crosses is with a strong player on the short post + driven kick

played it yesterday evening for the first time as well. Only 1 match in season. However I played already several hours the demo version :D

FKs are very interesting, I think they managed to make it more interesting and dynamic. I also like the direct FKs. Seems to have more room for variations while in Fifa 16 99% of the FKs were taken always the same way.

I liked the new (old?) way of flat shots. I think there was already that possibility to shoo tin Fifa 15 by pressing the shoot-button three-times in a row very fast. I missed that possibility in Fifa 16 (it didn't matter how many times I pressed the shoot button, Fifa automatically calculated a shot depending on the stats of my player and his positioning to the goal). Now in Fifa 17 it seems like it returned in an overhauled version by pressing the shoot-button twice in a row.

finally playing and its pretty awesome, my first time playing ultimate team though.....

DO I sell him, and build a strong team, or wait and build around him as Ill probably never have enough coins or luck to get him again

I used to play Ultimate Team in Fifa 15. My goal was to build the strongest team possible only with Serie A players, preferable Italians (way cheaper players than other super-stars, way easier to build max. team-chemistry and player stats are exactely as good as if you took superstars from other leagues). That was pretty much fun.

Now I don't know how you plan to build your Ultimate Team, but as long as you don't plan to invest real money in order to get new packs I'd sell him ;)

I don't understand the set-piece thing yet.

I like the journey, but unskippable cutscenes is annoying sometimes.

Milan is better than fifa 16.

Game feels better than 16. But i only played for an couple of hours.

Yeah that's my feeling too. I played my first seasons game with:

Niang-Bacca-Suso
Jack-Monto-Kucka
Vangioni-Roma-Palette-Abate

Bacca felt less useless than in Fifa 16 (I really never had that feeling with Bacca in Fifa 16), Suso is surprisingly usefull thanks to his dribbling skills although he's not that fast. With Niang it was very easy to make long-range passes and let him run into spaces - like in real life :D

Must say though I wasted plenty of chances in front of the goal. I have to figure out how much I need to load the shooting-bar in order to get propper shots. It felt like I had to load more than in Fifa 16.

But I scored a nice bicicletta with Jack - I don't remember having scored a bicicletta in Fifa 16 ever and now in Fifa 17 I did it in my very first game lol :lol:

Next time I'll try out a 4-2-3-1:

Bacca
Niang-Mati-Suso
Monto-Kucka

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Maan you are so lucky. Sell him and you can get most of the good players in serie a for those money

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah that's my feeling too. I played my first seasons game with:

Niang-Bacca-Suso
Jack-Monto-Kucka

Bacca felt less useless than in Fifa 16 (I really never had that feeling with Bacca in Fifa 16), Suso is surprisingly usefull thanks to his dribbling skills although he's not that fast. With Niang it was very easy to make long-range passes and let him run into spaces - like in real life :D

Must say though I wasted plenty of chances in front of the goal. I have to figure out how much I need to load the shooting-bar in order to get propper shots. It felt like I had to load more than in Fifa 16.

But I scored a nice bicicletta with Jack - I don't remember having scored a bicicletta in Fifa 16 ever and now in Fifa 17 I did it in my very first game lol :lol:

Next time I'll try out a 4-2-3-1:

Bacca
Niang-Mati-Suso
Monto-Kucka

Isn't it annoying the fact that bacca, romagnoli, kucka, bonaventura, donna etc don't have generic faces? I really hate that and might be the reason why I won't use this milan team that much.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn't it annoying the fact that bacca, romagnoli, kucka, bonaventura, donna etc don't have generic faces? I really hate that and might be the reason why I won't use this milan team that much.

I must admit that Milan players never looked uglier than in Fifa 17 (not even in Fifa 16 they looked so generic). :(

However I don't care, I always played Milan in Fifa and I struggle to find the same passion and love for the game while playing with the likes of PSG, ManCity or Bayern. :o

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I only play with Milan....no matter how much they suck ass it feels wrong to use another side.

Also if you can win consistently with Milan, then you aren't too shabby a player :D

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I don't think I completed a single match with B*lan in Fifa 16 :lol:
Horrible team

My all time favourite video game football team is Inter in PES 06