Gonzalo Higuain Thread

How many goals will Higuain score this season in all competitions?

• Total voters

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He started out great, then the whole thing v Juve happened along with a few bad performances by the whole team + the injury, I wouldn't turn on him... Pipita can still come good

Im hopeful

Also is it just me or has he played better as a lone CF

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Milan can turn any good striker into absolute shit.

You blame them but never our awful wingers and midfield who can't create a single good chance in 90 minutes other than a half-assed maybe cross.

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
There are two things to point out. Higuain delivered when we used 433 and until Biglia and Bonaventura got injured. Kessie and Baka are not very creaty, both are destroyers. Plus I don’t think two forward system works as movement is not on point.

People are starting to turn against him, exactly what happened with Bacca. Everybody can see Carlito is quality forward playing for Villarreal and NT. These players live for the goals and if the system don’t work, they can’t deliver and get frustrated.

We fix the midfield, goals will come. I really do hope Leo manages to get Fabregas.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
There are two things to point out. Higuain delivered when we used 433 and until Biglia and Bonaventura got injured. Kessie and Baka are not very creaty, both are destroyers. Plus I don’t think two forward system works as movement is not on point.

People are starting to turn against him, exactly what happened with Bacca. Everybody can see Carlito is quality forward playing for Villarreal and NT. These players live for the goals and if the system don’t work, they can’t deliver and get frustrated.

We fix the midfield, goals will come. I really do hope Leo manages to get Fabregas.

That's all ok and understandable. I just think that people expected him to be the type of player that drags a team out of the mud, like Ibra, which he's not. He's a top player with high ceiling, but has a low min. level, meaning that he's dependent on the team form.

At the same time, there are players that are more independent and deliver no matter the team form. Ibra, Cristiano, Icardi and even small-team guys like Di Natale are more like that.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup.. Cutrone is a great young player but he’s nowhere near ready to be a proper #9 for an ambitious team. Higuains build up contribution has been solid, as mentioned before.

True, Higuain's build up contribution is better. But you, Balo45 and co were calling for a great finisher more than anything else. Cutrone is a better finisher than him.

Putting faith in just Cutrone is ok if our aim is 6th place but it isn’t.

If you put too much faith in the CF or CFs then you're setting your self up for failure, even if it's Higuain. Especially if you plan to or end up using a 4-3-3.
Which is what Milan has been doing for most of the last decade.

If the ambitions are high, then double digit goals should be expected from the wide attackers as well, and probably also the advanced midfielder.
We aren't getting that with Hakan and Suso, who might get near 10, but his passenger style is restricting the rest to his game(not that there's much that get lost with these teammates).

We don't know which midfield and winger upgrades were available and doable, but I'd have preferred the Higuains of wingers and CMs rather than the actual Gonzalo Higuain.

Cutrone rotating with cheap, experienced strikers like Quags(ideally).

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
True, Higuain's build up contribution is better. But you, Balo45 and co were calling for a great finisher more than anything else. Cutrone is a better finisher than him.

If you put too much faith in the CF or CFs then you're setting your self up for failure, even if it's Higuain. Especially if you plan to or end up using a 4-3-3.
Which is what Milan has been doing for most of the last decade.

If the ambitions are high, then double digit goals should be expected from the wide attackers as well, and probably also the advanced midfielder.
We aren't getting that with Hakan and Suso, who might get near 10, but his passenger style is restricting the rest to his game(not that there's much that get lost with these teammates).

We don't know which midfield and winger upgrades were available and doable, but I'd have preferred the Higuains of wingers and CMs rather than the actual Gonzalo Higuain.

Cutrone rotating with cheap, experienced strikers like Quags(ideally).

I've posted one humongous post each at the beginning of this season and last season on how I think the wide attackers should get to double digits in goalscoring, or otherwise we'll never make it to the top. So I don't think we are talking different things.

I don't agree that Cutrone is a better finisher than what Higuain was till last year. Higuain is either starting his decline from his time here, or he's going through a bad patch of form. I have no clue which it is.

Regardless, we need goalscoring wingers and we still don't have them.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
higuain's decline started last season, he scored 16 league goals.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I should have known... When famsaro fanboys a player that hard... I should have known he was shit right then

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
save us, Fabio!

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Milan can turn any good striker into absolute shit.

You blame them but never our awful wingers and midfield who can't create a single good chance in 90 minutes other than a half-assed maybe cross.

:thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He’s gone. Gattuso said ‘as long as Higuain is at Milanello, he’ll look to get the best out of him’.

Pretty much a confirmation that the Morata swap deal is on. Honestly, might be a good thing for us.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He has really disappointed me

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
It’s way too early to give up on him. The guy hasn’t had a big chance in over a month, but I’m sure that if the team finds a way to set him up in front of goal he’ll score I’m sure. He’s never been a creator but a notorious goal scorer, Morata is neither of the two.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He’s gone. Gattuso said ‘as long as Higuain is at Milanello, he’ll look to get the best out of him’.

Pretty much a confirmation that the Morata swap deal is on. Honestly, might be a good thing for us.

As poor as Morata has been with Chelsea, his "goal scoring" record at prior clubs, and not being WC like Higuain, I'll agree with you.

I'd love Higuain to stay once we have a fully fit squad and some more creative players (Paqueta, Cesc, a real LW) but at this point it might be for the best if it guarantees Cesc and we can redeem Bakayoko for a lot less too.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope he fucks off in january, but not for morata

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hope he fucks off in january, but not for morata

Who can we replace him with at this point?

I've always detested Higuain. Arrogant, selfish, spoiled little brat. I'm bald and that hairdo of his is a walking joke.

But I hope he turns it around and delivers loads of goals until the end of his contract. I can't wait until he's no longer our "best" player.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the chances of him leaving in January are very good.

Sad to see him go, but it is what it is.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Player can't stop scoring his whole career.

Milan: hold my beer.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali

It's either he's a Juve plant or they injected modern Milan DNA straight into his veins.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

you're going to blame milan?

have you not watched his body language since the juve game? not only is he missing easy chances, he's playing like rubbish and sulking like an entitled brat.

the guy is a mental midget, we saw it numerous times when he cost argentina many finals, he's broken about being dumped like a piece of shit for the 2nd time in his career.

and btw, he scored 16 league goals last season, that's not impressive in this weak ass league, I just assumed he'd at least bring more in terms of hold up/link up play etc.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Higuain is Kalinic with beard.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

have you not watched his body language since the juve game? not only is he missing easy chances, he's playing like rubbish and sulking like an entitled brat.

the guy is a mental midget, we saw it numerous times when he cost argentina many finals, he's broken about being dumped like a piece of shit for the 2nd time in his career.

and btw, he scored 16 league goals last season, that's not impressive in this weak ass league, I just assumed he'd at least bring more in terms of hold up/link up play etc.

I think its a little bit of both. Imagine coming from Sarri and Allegri, now you have a complete noob of a manager, has to be at least a little frustrating to.

I think if he keeps it up we should not redeem him for 35m.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He wasn't an in and out starter in the season where he scored 16 for Juve

He got 23 goals and 10+ assists overall that year and wasn't starting for a while

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
really happy he scored, maybe this ll give him the confidence he needs in order to stop playing like a bitch

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great goal, great celebration and great post match comments. The comments seem to reveal his commitment. I hope this goal sets him free.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
bellllllllllllllllllllo pipita

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

So mad

Schedule