Documentaries

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it follow till the main characters part ways or is that in like another episode of the same story? I remember Jehane Noujaim in Daily Show talking how they went from all being in the same boat to find themselves facing each other.

Yes, it follows

One of the protesters is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. They leave the square and at some point they go against protesters. He is torn between religion and political ideas but need to follow the orders of his religious leaders. His revolutionary friends accuses him of betrayal and that cause a lot of drama between them specially when it involve families.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The Armstrong Lie pretty nice ride from Gibney. Well cut/edited. Hard to look at Armstrong after all the test, lawsuits and shit he put people through. "One word: credibility!" You look at his face and it always feels he's deceiving you even when he's honest.

Reminds me that I really enjoyed another one from Gibney some time ago - Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
^ gonna watch the lance Armstrong one tomorrow

Anyone see 12 o'clock boys?

The trailer looks fucking incredible.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860355/

Seems scripted but a very good story.

undefeated.jpg

I am totally going to teach poor kids some maths or science on weekends, man there aint any help around for them, good coach :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
similar to the U

more about SMu,

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
The Armstrong Lie pretty nice ride from Gibney. Well cut/edited. Hard to look at Armstrong after all the test, lawsuits and shit he put people through. "One word: credibility!" You look at his face and it always feels he's deceiving you even when he's honest.

Gonna check this out, I usually follow the Tour so I think I'll find it pretty interesting.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I heard this is more accurate and dwell more into the facts/papers, havent seen paradise lose trilogy. humanity :fp:

I cant stand these kind of docs as i get old, I want more david attenborough about ice, snow, penguins, polar bears etc

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I heard this is more accurate and dwell more into the facts/papers, havent seen paradise lose trilogy. humanity :fp:

I cant stand these kind of docs as i get old, I want more david attenborough about ice, snow, penguins, polar bears etc
Yeah, I think this one is made by themselves. Should put it on sometime.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When Nascar is second most popular/watched sport in American, footy has a long, long way to go. Even beating out the NBA is a tall order. I wouldn't be surprised to see golf being ahead of soccer/football, even.

---

People should watch the Frontline doc on the Pebble Mine. Quite informative, :thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When Nascar is second most popular/watched sport in American, footy has a long, long way to go. Even beating out the NBA is a tall order. I wouldn't be surprised to see golf being ahead of soccer/football, even.

Yeah, that's where things are at the moment. But big contracts are floating around BPL and soccer. A lot of growth is planned in coming years. Personally I see the way Neymar, Bale deals were made as a sign.

Speaking of 30 for 30 and wrongfully accused people - 30 for 30 Shorts: Judging Jewell about a security guard in Atlanta 96 who went from hero to be vilifully accused in the press for bombing. Rumoured to be played by Jonah Hill in a movie soon.

Also, The Central Park Five.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Since peyton got bitch slapped last week, story about his dad and family, good story nothing extra ordinary watch only if you follow nfl

Book_of_Manning-Final_Key_Art.jpg

I love his youngest brother Eli , dumb fuck lucky SOB

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, that's where things are at the moment. But big contracts are floating around BPL and soccer. A lot of growth is planned in coming years. Personally I see the way Neymar, Bale deals were made as a sign.

They've planned growth for a decade now and little has changed. Living in the US as I am, soccer's popularity and reach is abysmal. I mean, when I was a kid, I used to watch ESPN all the time. NEVER was soccer covered. Now, maybe there's an odd story or something, or a late night football show, and of course they have the Euros and World Cup, but from the ground up US soccer is shite. This more has to do with how schooling and sports is tied, but oh well.

I just don't soccer becoming popular here in the States. The NFL would have to somehow go down in flames for soccer to gain substantial ground.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They've planned growth for a decade now and little has changed. Living in the US as I am, soccer's popularity and reach is abysmal. I mean, when I was a kid, I used to watch ESPN all the time. NEVER was soccer covered. Now, maybe there's an odd story or something, or a late night football show, and of course they have the Euros and World Cup, but from the ground up US soccer is shite. This more has to do with how schooling and sports is tied, but oh well.

I just don't soccer becoming popular here in the States. The NFL would have to somehow go down in flames for soccer to gain substantial ground.

Ok, cool.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Unknown Known. Errol Morris faces Donald Rumsfeld much like he did with Robert S. McNamara in The Fog of War.

smh. 100% sure Rumsfeld is a lizard.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Saw a really powerful documentary titled 'the act of killing' it won several awards including an Oscar and bafta award

It tells of the purge of Indonesian communists in the 60s and the subsequent rise of a death squad that still functions today. The director is very intelligent in making the culprits of those murders reenact their actions by staring in a film as they have always wished.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
check 2 pages back

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Frontline: United States of Secrets. In our minds we connect the fight for privacy and against the NSA with Snowden. But this 2h doc shows there were a lot of moves before Snoden got involved. Reptilian vicepresident, newspapers getting gagged, journos and intelligence workers going against "the man", presidents being lied and changing their viewpoints, laws being drawn out of thin opinion - as thrilling as House of Cards binge.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I eat meat and all but I don't go to Dolphin shows bacause of this(Oscar 2010)

(hmm ... should take down the tempo otherwise superb docus will just die under heavy posting one day ... )

Great one about killer whales/Seaworld faggotry.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Frontline: United States of Secrets. In our minds we connect the fight for privacy and against the NSA with Snowden. But this 2h doc shows there were a lot of moves before Snoden got involved. Reptilian vicepresident, newspapers getting gagged, journos and intelligence workers going against "the man", presidents being lied and changing their viewpoints, laws being drawn out of thin opinion - as thrilling as House of Cards binge.

you'd start loving putin after this :fp:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Citizenfour (best) inside look to/how Snowden came to news and what he wrought with him. :thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Borderline true crime
the_jinx.0.png

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: