Coppa Italia Semi Finals: AC Milan vs Juventus – 13/02/2020 20:45 CET

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan (probable): Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Castillejo, Calhanoglu, Rebic; Ibrahimovic

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought the surge was partly due to Berlusconi leaving. Attendance figures went back up right from Yonghong Li's takeover. But there's another factor, which is the overall attractiveness of Serie A as a product. During the last 3 years, the excitement and attractiveness has clearly picked up, while the years from 2011 to 2017 saw even Italians getting bored of a stagnating league. So I think you'll find a similar trend for all big teams.

We are still quite a bit behind Inter numbers though. They comfortably cleared 60K since Suning got full charge and they are touching 65K now iirc.

It is probably a factor, but there's also a strong correlation with employment rate.

I believe success/owner ambitions are still the strongest factors.
Napoli's have plummeted after Sarri.
Roma's peaked under Rudi Garcia / back when Pallotta was popular.

As for Inter, they've been leading the attendance league for years. Moratti didn't fall out with fans the way Berlu did - he was investing until the very end and sold as soon as he had lost interest/hope.

Some try to use the current circumstances to prove Inter normally have more attendance and things are just going back to the pre-Berlusconi reality. However it's not true. Milan have usually been the ones to draw the largest crowds in northern Italy. Stadiapostcards have attendance figures as far back as 1963. Milan had higher attendances than Inter even during our rock bottom in early 80s.
http://www.stadiapostcards.com/archivio.htm

Maybe there is also some "I want to see Milan in San Siro (again) before they demolish it" attendance lately.

That's probably also playing a part.

The Sassuolo game was our 120th anniversary and beforehand we had a string of good performances against Napoli (SS), Bologna and Parma away.

I was thinking of bringing up the anniversary, however I don't think that's all there was to it.
The 110th anniversary in 2009 had even fewer attendees than the previous game. That wasn't even a bad season.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli will still not do this even though it fits us the best right now

--------Rebic------------Ibra--------
-------------Paq/Hak/Jack----------
Theo----Benna-----Kessie----Cas/Con/Sael
-------Roma---Kjaer---Musa-------

Those are the only available CBs, unless you count Gabbia or whatever his name was. Two of them just returned from injury and at least one of them seems to not be fully fit yet. We're not in a position to field 3 CBs.

I do think Pioli needs to try a safer approach for the big games. Rebic-Hakan-Samu get caught out of position too often, and Bennacer-Kessie isn't the type of double pivot that can compensate for such things. We'll be lucky to get a clean sheet against the top teams with this setup.
But all the absentees is giving him not much of a choice.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I feel like a scared little shit approaching this game. Anyone else?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I feel like a scared little shit approaching this game. Anyone else?

Depends who shows up. The Milan of 1st half of the derby? Not so worries, expect a draw or maybe clutch 1-0. Milan of the 2nd half? A stomp by Juve.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Depends who shows up. The Milan of 1st half of the derby? Not so worries, expect a draw or maybe clutch 1-0. Milan of the 2nd half? A stomp by Juve.
Which half you seen more often the last 7 years?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ffs I have a meeting until 20h and then I need to get home to watch the match. May the traffic gods be on my side.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Any chance Milan reach new heights and lose in an even more embarrassing way than last Sunday's loss to Inter?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Ffs I have a meeting until 20h and then I need to get home to watch the match. May the traffic gods be on my side.

why not watch it at work?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Which half you seen more often the last 7 years?
The uninspired, tepid, slow 2nd half that switches off completely at times. It's just that first half gave me a small hope that maybe that performance is something that can be replicated. I need something to grasp to if I'm to feel we have a chance :o

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
why not watch it at work?
Let Joyrider just bring up the match on the projector during his meeting. I'm sure that'll work :lol:

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Any chance Milan reach new heights and lose in an even more embarrassing way than last Sunday's loss to Inter?

Considering juve have Lyon inter and Milan lined up at the end of Feb and first week of March, it would be extremely odd if they come in with any other attitude than finishing the tie off tonight.

But then again, this is calcio. Common sense football isn't the norm.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DuiQ_fEWkAAo9YE.jpg

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Same formation as last week according to infographics. Might just be 442 though with Rebic SS, Hakan LCM. The official video of the lineup listed Hakan and then Ibra as the last two players meaning it's more likely they are the attacking two though.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
In traffic.
For the whole. Fucking. Game. :max:

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Same formation as last week according to infographics. Might just be 442 though with Rebic SS, Hakan LCM. The official video of the lineup listed Hakan and then Ibra as the last two players meaning it's more likely they are the attacking two though.

Ideally same as Derby.

We looked so good in those 45 mins.

Against Juve tonight, we will see if it was luck or not.

Hakan might just score from distance.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
giphy.gif

Stream, Pingu?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bonus GIF in reply to @Hitchens. My thoughts on half our current squad:

giphy.gif

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Forza Milan! Despite all the bad media this week from the Inter game, I feel like we’re moving in a positive direction.

Give us something to cheer about Milan, let’s beat these cheating pricks! Forzaaaaaa

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Lega Serie A on facebook is streaming the game again and with good quality.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Lega Serie A on facebook is streaming the game again and with good quality.

Is it only certain countries? I never see it available for streaming there, only on YT when they used to have it there also.