The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

View Poll Results: When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?
Pre-season 10 29.41%
September 6 17.65%
October 2 5.88%
November 1 2.94%
December 3 8.82%
January 3 8.82%
February 0 0%
March 0 0%
April 1 2.94%
May 0 0%
June 0 0%
They won't clash 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2018, 05:29   #6201
Saeed
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
So you think me posting a comment a month early is a hilarious lie? Talk about pathetic Had I posted it at the end of November I would've been perfectly correct. Big deal.

Tell you what is a hillarious lie though, you believing we dominated Genoa for half an hour and Gattuso being a quality manager Watch how Inter totally destroyed them and made it look easy whilst we only managed to win with a last minute wonder goal. That's what a REAL top coach can do.
Based on this logic, Allegri is worse than Rino because he could not manage to win against Genoa at home.
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 14:49   #6202
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

are you entertained? - https://twitter.com/Complaxes/status...31346729283584

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 19:23   #6203
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Gattuso: “Winning games late? It’s the fruit of the hard work in the summer. It’s not by chance that when other teams are tired we give the feeling that we have something more and push forward. It’s the merit of the sacrifice the guys did this summer.”

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 19:51   #6204
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

probably the most enjoyable, albeit stressful, type of wins

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 22:37   #6205
Sage
Phase 2

wenga out fam
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 23:22   #6206
Massaro94
Banned

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
wenga out fam
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 23:40   #6207
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
don't bring inter here. go fucking watch genoa draw juve, by your logic we must be better than ladri. we dominated genoa more than enough after changing the formation.
Actually we were specifically talking about the Genoa game if you bothered to read. He said we dominated them and I said we scraped by in comparison to Inter who annihilated them. But trust you to completely miss the point
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 23:40   #6208
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
Based on this logic, Allegri is worse than Rino because he could not manage to win against Genoa at home.
Ditto for you.
Old 05-11-2018, 23:44   #6209
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
i have no problem in admitting they were the better side against us but did you forget all the shitshow and winning late in most of their games this season? they were playing much much worse than us.
And we haven't? They started off the season poorly but have won 7 on the trot and are playing great football. Anyway, this is Gattuso's thread so let's leave it there.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:28   #6210
Ash
Swag Maestro

One of the things I noticed in the last game was that they finally gave up passing at the back at every opportunity. Yes, we still did it and there were situations that could have cost us (considering how fuckin long Donnarumma takes to make up his mind) but I was glad that we no longer used it as our sole tactic.

Hopefully that's the case going forward because more than half the goals we have conceded this season is because of that dumb tactic.

You cant really blame the players for fucking up when they are clearly not comfortable playing that but despite that Gattuso keeps insisting on persisting with that dumbass tactic.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 19:10   #6211
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

And I was hoping that was because of Rodrigo de Paul's and Pussetto's free role and how they kept pouncing, waiting for the weak pass.

(btw I think this is what Julio Velazquez meant when he said there was a specific tactic that they would try against Milan and hope it would succeed.. De Paul was meant to win the ball at the sides and lob it to Pussetto who would run into the box between Milan's CB and FB, towards that confusing position for Donnarumma where he isn't sure whether to come out or not).

Tactically against certain opposition, it's good to hoof the ball up. But on a broader level, I hope we continue to build on passing out from the back. It's an incredibly effective tactic in modern football.

Signature
Old 07-11-2018, 17:58   #6212
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
And I was hoping that was because of Rodrigo de Paul's and Pussetto's free role and how they kept pouncing, waiting for the weak pass.

(btw I think this is what Julio Velazquez meant when he said there was a specific tactic that they would try against Milan and hope it would succeed.. De Paul was meant to win the ball at the sides and lob it to Pussetto who would run into the box between Milan's CB and FB, towards that confusing position for Donnarumma where he isn't sure whether to come out or not).

Tactically against certain opposition, it's good to hoof the ball up. But on a broader level, I hope we continue to build on passing out from the back. It's an incredibly effective tactic in modern football.
It is an effective tactic yes, but only if you have the right personnel. We dont.

There is a reason why Guardiola got rid of Hart the moment he arrived at City. He wanted a keeper that is comfortable with the ball on his feet and is not just a shot stopper. Exact reason why this tactic would never work as long as Donnarumma is our starting keeper. You wanna play out from the back? Play Reina then. Otherwise scrap it.

You also need CBs that can pass the ball under pressure. Hence why guys like John Stones and Laporte were signed. We don't have defenders of that quality also.

Let's be honest. Milan is no Man City and Gattuso is definitely no Guardiola no matter how much he pretends to be.
Old 07-11-2018, 19:34   #6213
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
It is an effective tactic yes, but only if you have the right personnel. We dont.

There is a reason why Guardiola got rid of Hart the moment he arrived at City. He wanted a keeper that is comfortable with the ball on his feet and is not just a shot stopper. Exact reason why this tactic would never work as long as Donnarumma is our starting keeper. You wanna play out from the back? Play Reina then. Otherwise scrap it.

You also need CBs that can pass the ball under pressure. Hence why guys like John Stones and Laporte were signed. We don't have defenders of that quality also.

Let's be honest. Milan is no Man City and Gattuso is definitely no Guardiola no matter how much he pretends to be.
Donnarumma is 19. Yes, he earns 6 million a year but he's still 19. And last season was an incredibly taxing one mentally for a 19-yr old. He had to deal with an aggressive agent, family and an incompetent club management. And he was at a club that he truly liked.

We can blame him for his lack of mental strength and mistakes, but let's not forget ultimately that he's only 19. Give him some more time. We are finally in a situation where we seem to have access to 4th spot without being perfectly efficient (squad is talented enough), we have a young manager with excellent man-management skills and a good group of players. That's a good situation for Donnarumma to learn and grow.

I do agree with you about the defenders though. But playing out from the back is not really rocket science. You just need presence of mind. A large part of this lies with Donnarumma. Once he improves, the whole tactic will feel much better and be so much more effective.

Signature
Old 07-11-2018, 20:15   #6214
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Donnarumma is 19. Yes, he earns 6 million a year but he's still 19. And last season was an incredibly taxing one mentally for a 19-yr old. He had to deal with an aggressive agent, family and an incompetent club management. And he was at a club that he truly liked.

We can blame him for his lack of mental strength and mistakes, but let's not forget ultimately that he's only 19. Give him some more time. We are finally in a situation where we seem to have access to 4th spot without being perfectly efficient (squad is talented enough), we have a young manager with excellent man-management skills and a good group of players. That's a good situation for Donnarumma to learn and grow.

I do agree with you about the defenders though. But playing out from the back is not really rocket science. You just need presence of mind. A large part of this lies with Donnarumma. Once he improves, the whole tactic will feel much better and be so much more effective.
Its not about his mentality. That's a whole separate problem.

It's more about his foot skills which are basically non existent. Dude takes ages to control the ball at his feet, looks clumsy and awkward everytime he has the ball on his feet and then panics and makes rushed pass when pressured. I dont know how much he can improve on that regard considering he struggles with basic foot skills. That stuff is taught early on in the youth level.

I would understand giving him time if we werent chasing a CL spot but we are. Wr cannot afford his constant fuck ups. Otherwise, if you gonna insist on playing him stop playing from the back.

Plus, if he thought he was deserving of a salary of 6m a year (which very few keepers earn) it is only right we expect him to fuckin deliver and get the basics right. The excuse of him being a kid went out the window the moment he and his scum agent held the club to ransom (p.s. - I really doubt he likes the club), even if that is the reality.

If anything, he has actually regressed. Maybe he wasnt all what he was hyped to be. There are plenty of keepers in his age group that are further in their development.

Last edited by Ash; 07-11-2018 at 20:20.
Old 07-11-2018, 21:32   #6215
necromancer
Capocannoniere

He has regressed in the sense he has made more mistakes. And what I'm saying is that a good part of his mistakes come from his anxiety which in turn is caused by all that he has gone through in the last one year. I will not judge him till he has had a chance to grow in this new, more tranquil situation with Gattuso, Leonardo and Maldini. He is incredibly talented in so many other aspects of goalkeeping.. reflexes, physical gifts.. that he deserves that chance.

Again regarding 6 million.. it's not his fault that Mirabelli was possibly the most incompetent SD to have been in a top Serie A team ever.

Signature
Old 07-11-2018, 21:56   #6216
Tantalis
Heyoka

Quote:
There are plenty of keepers in his age group that are further in their development.
name one other teenage keeper that has over 100 starts in any top 5 league and is on the first 11 for their senior national squad.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungfreddy View Post
ur my first so congratz
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:40   #6217
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Its not about his mentality. That's a whole separate problem.

It's more about his foot skills which are basically non existent. Dude takes ages to control the ball at his feet, looks clumsy and awkward everytime he has the ball on his feet and then panics and makes rushed pass when pressured. I dont know how much he can improve on that regard considering he struggles with basic foot skills. That stuff is taught early on in the youth level.

I would understand giving him time if we werent chasing a CL spot but we are. Wr cannot afford his constant fuck ups. Otherwise, if you gonna insist on playing him stop playing from the back.

Plus, if he thought he was deserving of a salary of 6m a year (which very few keepers earn) it is only right we expect him to fuckin deliver and get the basics right. The excuse of him being a kid went out the window the moment he and his scum agent held the club to ransom (p.s. - I really doubt he likes the club), even if that is the reality.

If anything, he has actually regressed. Maybe he wasnt all what he was hyped to be. There are plenty of keepers in his age group that are further in their development.
again with this donnarumma not good for passing game and reina is better suited nonsense. donna has shown more that enough that he can be relied upon and reina has made as many mistakes as him in much less games. if anything, our midfield and attack lets us down when passing from back. they lack movement and ability to dribble past opponent when being pressed.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 00:25   #6218
voom
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Gattuso, Ambrosini,Van Bommel,Ibra,Sheva,Kaka,Cutrone.

Overtraining the players resulting in full infirmary.

Signature
Open Sesame
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:23   #6219
Burlesqoni
Banned

Is this based on some evidence you would like to share, or is it just a part of the grinta meme?
Burlesqoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:35   #6220
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member

Quote:
again with this donnarumma not good for passing game and reina is better suited nonsense. donna has shown more that enough that he can be relied upon and reina has made as many mistakes as him in much less games. if anything, our midfield and attack lets us down when passing from back. they lack movement and ability to dribble past opponent when being pressed.
When?
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote