English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
Drogba is a legend. What a fairy-tale story winning the UCL then retire.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Heard United sign Gaitan? How will he fit in fergie's formation?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
yea, why would they buy Gaitan when they have 52 year old Ryan Giggs. :proud:

has Scholes agreed to stay on? that's really like a new signing for yall.

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wasn't really impressed with Gaitan when we played Benfica. For that reason I hope Utd sign him. :thumbsup:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Cheers mate :thumbsup:

I couldn't be more proud of this group of players. :proud:
You're welcome. Believe me ... we know how you feel ;)
what he said.

At least before Idris' efforts were funny, now..... meh.
Well, I can't blame him considering the pro-manure shit that goes on in this thread. Honestly ... Manure Scum fan is as thick as a brick and doesn't see anything else other than purple ferg and scholes making out on top of a naked giggs. Shit's ridiculous.

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Well, I can't blame him considering the pro-manure shit that goes on in this thread. Honestly ... Manure Scum fan is as thick as a brick and doesn't see anything else other than purple ferg and scholes making out on top of a naked giggs. Shit's ridiculous.

:lol:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
In what sense though?

I mean, Milan haven't had to overpay for a player purely because City are rich. It would only ever effect you if we entered into a bidding war with you, for the same player, which is unlikely. Even then, ffp dictates that we can't do anything too stupid.

Milan broke the world transfer record 3 times in the late 80's/early 90's, and it was Berlusconi's millions which turned you from a side who were on the verge of bankruptcy (much like City), who had only recently been promoted back to Serie A, to a side who would dominate European football. Practically every top club dining at the top table in European football is culpable for what is happening now. The only difference is, Milan, like many other clubs, are now part of the established order, and what you did is "accepted history".

It will only keep snowballing. In the last 10 years we've had Chelsea, City, PSG, Malaga. In the next 10-20 years they'll probably be half a dozen more, who take it to a new level.

Firstly i was never trying to imply that Man City is the only club that has spent loads of money on buying a team. Also when i said it effects the market negatively i was referring more to other premier league teams. Foreign teams especially will see Man City paying 5/10 + million over market value on players and will expect the rest of the teams in the premier league to follow suit.

Ps : Im not a Milan supporter per se , more just an admirer.

Last edited:

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ireland, Robinho, Benarbia, Goater, Kinky
Firstly i was never trying to imply that Man City is the only club that has spent loads of money on buying a team. Also when i said it effects the market negatively i was referring more to other premier league teams. Foreign teams especially will see Man City paying 5/10 + million over market value on players and will expect the rest of the teams in the premier league to follow suit.
Ps : Im not a Milan supporter per se , more just an admirer.

I don't think that's the case at all.

Other PL teams have still done great business, with the exception of Liverpool, who bought exclusively from the PL. :lol:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Man city should spend as much as they want. that's how they roll, others can fuck off if they don't like it.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Don't get all jealous just because you've lost every time you've entered an argument with me ;)

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Newcastle sign Romain Amalfitano from Reims

The 22-year-old French midfielder will complete his move to the Magpies on July 1st when the player's contract expires at his current club at the end of the month

175392hp2.jpg

Newcastle United have revealed the signing of 22-year-old Romain Amalfitano on a free transfer from Ligue 1 side Reims.

The young midfielder will officially be a Newcastle player on July 1st as the club have to wait until his contract finishes to make the switch.

Amalfitano has helped Reims secure promotion back to Ligue during his two year spell at the club, contributing both from a central midfield role and equally as well wide on the right.

The player spoke of his personal delight at signing for the club claiming he is relishing the challenge ahead.

"I am very happy to be a Newcastle player," the Frenchman told the club's official website.

"I have seen a bit of the city already and it is a change from France but one I am really looking forward to.

"When a club like Newcastle wants you to play for them it can only be a good thing. I have taken the opportunity to play in the Premier League and cannot wait to get going."

Amalfitano joins what is already a strong contingent of French players at the including Yohan Cabaye, Gabriel Obertan, Hatem Ben Arfa as well as Paris born Demba Ba amongst others.

the french revolution continues! :eek:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Joey Barton has been banned for 12 games and fined 75k for his actions against City.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alot of places seem to be reporting Hazard has chosen your team?

Yeah that's what most are saying. Load of shit.

He's off to City or Chelsea.

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hazard is too cultured a footballer to join Utd. It would be a monumental waste of talent.

He needs to go somewhere where the style of play is a bit more advanced than crossing the ball into the box all game and hoping for something to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule