English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What? A Bundesliga fan would be disappointed to hear that Bayern is the only truly top-tier team from Germany?

The truth must hurt, I understand.

Weren't the final of CL between Bayern and Dortmund? :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I don't mean now, I mean throughout history.

Milan, Juventus and Inter are more top-tier than anything other than Bayern - which, itself, only rivals Milan and Juventus.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bayern are bigger than ladri, ladri aren't even close.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't mean now, I mean throughout history.

Milan, Juventus and Inter are more top-tier than anything other than Bayern - which, itself, only rivals Milan and Juventus.

That's the problem with German, Spanish, French and Dutch League before, having only one or two team chasing the League title.

German especially is getting better even Bayern are still beyond others in term of financial capability.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
What? A Bundesliga fan would be disappointed to hear that Bayern is the only truly top-tier team from Germany?

The truth must hurt, I understand.

Quite sure any bundesliga fan going through UCL would find it laughable how much their talent are underrated here... in fact they would probably be laughing at the definition of talent and potential here... but maybe that is just me laughing....

most bundesliga fans wouldnt come to a Serie A forum... The days of comparing their league to Serie A are long over.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In the same way that comparing Serie A to Bundesliga in the mid-2000s was laughable?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Sure.

As long as there is no confusion about the nature of things at the moment.

But there clearly is.

All I know is every forum looks massively convoluted to fans of other teams/leagues. This one included.... Heck the rumor cummode and allegri thread looks convoluted to even milan fans.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I would just like to laugh at the following:

'Thiago Alcantara is poised to seal a £15million switch to Manchester United to realise his World Cup dream. United are closing in on the capture of the sought-after Barcelona playmaker after detailed talks between the two clubs...United are close to sealing the capture of Thiago, beating Bayern Munich and Chelsea, who were both desperate to sign the rising star...it is understood the attacking midfielder feels his career will be best served with a move to United' - The Daily Mirror, June 21.

'Manchester United are on the verge of signing Barcelona midfield star Thiago Alcantara in a £17million deal' - The Daily Mail, June 21.

'Manchester United sources have stated to ESPN that a deal for Thiago Alcantara is now "very close", as the club feel the situation has taken a positive turn over the past few days' - ESPN, July 2.

'Thiago Alcantara moved a step closer to Manchester United last night. Sources close to the Spanish Under-21 midfielder say a five-year deal worth an initial £17.5 million are 'well advanced' and that "only little details remain to close the operation". Bayern Munich, managed by former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, are also interested but the source added: "Thiago is very excited about the chance to play in the Premier League. He's always loved it" - The Sun, July 7.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

now that is funny.

So MR now has to put a sig of how he fists himself for sage on skype. :lol: :lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
When was the last time United signed a major talent/up-coming talent outside of England?

Nani and Anderson? But even they weren't all that highly rated (unlike Lucas Moura and Thiago) back then.

Edit: I guess you could count De Gea. Oh and Kagawa.

Bah! Ignore this post.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
most bundesliga fans wouldnt come to a Serie A forum...

images

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Byaern is the best at the moment, so that gives some crediblity to Bundesliga but I can't even imagine watching such a shit league for one minute. All teams look like each other and the brand of football they play is so predictable.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Where is that Suarez lover anyway? Haven't seen him in a while.

I miss him. :(

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
First Lucas and now Thiago. And IIRC, before that, Fabregas too. :lol:

United always lose out to foreign competition.

We're shit at negotiations. Always have been. Refuse to pay agents as well. Chelsea and City for eg gave Hazard + Nasri's agents £6M. We'll refuse to entertain a quarter of that. Our agent fees are like the 10th highest in the EPL or something like that.

Its not that, they take there ignorance to a whole new level.Ask most Italian fans and they will recognize that Manchester United is one of the top clubs in the world.

Ask most United fans and you will see that the imbeciles have no idea what there talking about.Chelsea and Arsenal fans for example think there on par with Milan or Juventus.

English fans are simply ********.

Regardless of what you or I think, you'll find there's plenty of people around the world who put United ahead of Milan. That's a fact. People in France effectively consider us the 3rd major club, the Spanish often talk of us as being the next best thing after Barca/Madrid ect. According to a Juventus fan living in Rome, United are ranked as high as anyone, Asia speak for themselves, as do the UK.

I don't agree with it so don't fire abuse my way, but it's the way it is. It's understandable - the EPL is the most watched league in the world and those watching have seen United crowned champions 12 times in about 18 years, and only out of the top 2 twice. Does anyone even watch Serie A anymore?

Milan aren't even seen as being the biggest club in Italy by the Italians themselves either. I don't know of any Arsenal or Chelsea fans who consider themselves bigger than Juventus. You'll find that Juve have always been rated highly in England, mainly because of their success in the 90's which came at a point where Serie A was huge in the UK.

All about opinions.

For the record Barca > Milan, even though Milan have more CL titles. Madrid and Barca are the two biggest clubs in the world.

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agreed with all of your post and then you go and post... this.

Thank god for that. I'd feel dirty if you agreed with me totally.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
It is well known that Manchester United fans and Juventus fans like to suck each others dick to make themselves feel better about the lack of European titles as compared to their biggest domestic rivals.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It is well known that Manchester United fans and Juventus fans like to suck each others dick to make themselves feel better about the lack of European titles as compared to their biggest domestic rivals.

There's zero substance to these claims.
The only connection between Juventus and United is the rivalry from 96-03.

Going by fans/players/managers, United seem to have the biggest connection to Barcelona. The two sides get on pretty well.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Milan could be in Serie C1 for all I care and I'd still think of us as a bigger club than fucking JuBe.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
With all the new managers at the 3 big clubs, and inevitable chops and changes in the transfer market, i'm really looking forward to the Premiership this season.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
a Man Utd fan calling Barca and Madrid the two biggest club in the world, while I as a Milan fan think Man U is bigger than those two.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
When was the last time United signed a major talent/up-coming talent outside of England?

Nani and Anderson? But even they weren't all that highly rated (unlike Lucas Moura and Thiago) back then.

Edit: I guess you could count De Gea. Oh and Kagawa.

Bah! Ignore this post.

A good post!

Just like to add Veron, RvN, and Jaap who at the time was highly coveted.

But I still liked wot you said... its very true.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
a Man Utd fan calling Barca and Madrid the two biggest club in the world, while I as a Milan fan think Man U is bigger than those two.

You shud be a 'Murica' theme sumwhere!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
There's zero substance to these claims.
The only connection between Juventus and United is the rivalry from 96-03.

Going by fans/players/managers, United seem to have the biggest connection to Barcelona. The two sides get on pretty well.
No I'm talking about fans. United fans like Juve and vice-versa.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We're shit at negotiations. Always have been. Refuse to pay agents as well. Chelsea and City for eg gave Hazard + Nasri's agents £6M. We'll refuse to entertain a quarter of that. Our agent fees are like the 10th highest in the EPL or something like that.

Regardless of what you or I think, you'll find there's plenty of people around the world who put United ahead of Milan. That's a fact. People in France effectively consider us the 3rd major club, the Spanish often talk of us as being the next best thing after Barca/Madrid ect. According to a Juventus fan living in Rome, United are ranked as high as anyone, Asia speak for themselves, as do the UK.

I don't agree with it so don't fire abuse my way, but it's the way it is. It's understandable - the EPL is the most watched league in the world and those watching have seen United crowned champions 12 times in about 18 years, and only out of the top 2 twice. Does anyone even watch Serie A anymore?

Milan aren't even seen as being the biggest club in Italy by the Italians themselves either. I don't know of any Arsenal or Chelsea fans who consider themselves bigger than Juventus. You'll find that Juve have always been rated highly in England, mainly because of their success in the 90's which came at a point where Serie A was huge in the UK.

All about opinions.

For the record Barca > Milan, even though Milan have more CL titles. Madrid and Barca are the two biggest clubs in the world

Lulz, Madrid is the only club whos bigger then Milan and thats cause they won like 4 CL in a time that nobody gave a fuck about that competition.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Lulz, Madrid is the only club whos bigger then Milan and thats cause they won like 4 CL in a time that nobody gave a fuck about that competition.

Quite sure european competition was always considered serious business.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think ranking club size based purely on Champions Leagues is narrow minded. If that was the case then Forest would be bigger than most clubs like Chelsea or Arsenal, and would be on equal footing with Juventus :lol:

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I think ranking club size based purely on Champions Leagues is narrow minded. If that was the case then Forest would be bigger than most clubs like Chelsea or Arsenal, and would be on equal footing with Juventus :lol:

How about actually ranking the CL in a period relevant like for the last 20 years tops?

If we are going to rank who are the best clubs atm we should consider a period of maximum 20 years and a minimum of 15 in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule