Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score
I would love that,and would make so much sense to bring him as a coach.Kids would line up to learn from him.

Not just kids, 23 year olds like me would too. :lol:

De Sciglio is our future no.2!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I would love that,and would make so much sense to bring him as a coach.Kids would line up to learn from him.
yes, we can make him sit next to Allegri on the bench!

and that can only nean one thing - swag overload! :eek:

Tony

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Baresi, Boban, Van Basten, Maldini, Simone, Savicevic, Signori, Kaka, Sheva & Pato
future RB of the club was very impressed with his play and attack minded style.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Guys like these should be 2nd/3rd choice as full back from next season. Ones who are learning improving all the time not deadwood like jankulovski oddo etc that we've had recently

Lets trim the squad to 25 players in the first team and have guys like de sciglio carmona and our other youth prospects to be 3rd choice learning from seniors and fighting to break into the squad. Will save us a ton of wages and will be very healthy for the club.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
People are getting ahead of themselves

Yes he has shown promise but it is still way too early to say that he is capable of being a future starter for us. Still needs to show more in the attacking part of his game as more than once he just opted to pass it back rather than take on the opposition player (altho this might be expecting too much considering his inexperience)

But I do agree that he should be kept as our RB backup for next season....

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Guys like these should be 2nd/3rd choice as full back from next season. Ones who are learning improving all the time not deadwood like jankulovski oddo etc that we've had recently

Lets trim the squad to 25 players in the first team and have guys like de sciglio carmona and our other youth prospects to be 3rd choice learning from seniors and fighting to break into the squad. Will save us a ton of wages and will be very healthy for the club.

Tell that to management

Guys like Mesbah get a place in the bench while youth products like Merkel and Strasser sit in the stands....

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
I guess Galliani would include him in co-ownership or on loan deal, just like his old swap pieces tactic. :g:
Please don't let it happen. :fp:

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Looked much better than Abate this whole season.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
like I said, he's better than abutte

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Great tackling, and good positioning and speed, and a better crosser than Abate... If some team came up with a transfer of 12-15m for Abate I wouldnt mind selling him and depend on this kid.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
while he has looked good so far, I wont totally throw him into the fire yet. Keeping him as the first choice backup at RB seems like a good idea though

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
while he has looked good so far, I wont totally throw him into the fire yet. Keeping him as the first choice backup at RB seems like a good idea though

Exactly, no need to be impatient on him, he is young and growing into the role. With the correct coaching he may surpass Abate but it's very early days. Promising prospect though.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
People are getting ahead of themselves

Yes he has shown promise but it is still way too early to say that he is capable of being a future starter for us. Still needs to show more in the attacking part of his game as more than once he just opted to pass it back rather than take on the opposition player (altho this might be expecting too much considering his inexperience)

But I do agree that he should be kept as our RB backup for next season....

Abate is our current starter :o and got that because of "locking down" Cristiano and Eto'o. Abate defensively can be very good or average and offers nothing going forward.

In two games I have seen enough to know this kid thinks faster and has ability that Abate will never have. The shot he took in his previous game, the one twos to get to the line and the mere ability to get off his cross puts him ahead of Abate offensively. He also knocked the ball around with more confidence.

If given the chance and barring setbacks this kid could start for the team by this time next year.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Looks so good he'll probably be loaned in the next 4-5 years.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but I remember last year was De Vito's. Look at where he is now. Perhaps I don't see what other see when they lavish our management with praise. We've spent an awfully lot of cash on "cheap" leftbacks when we had right at our doorstep to nurture. God bless Holderlin; he got it spot on!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but I remember last year was De Vito's. Look at where he is now. Perhaps I don't see what other see when they lavish our management with praise. We've spent an awfully lot of cash on "cheap" leftbacks when we had right at our doorstep to nurture. God bless Holderlin; he got it spot on!

Who is the leftback in our doorstep?

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Andrea DeVito sir, that's the name found in the text. It wouldn't do you any help anyway because it seems you didn't read the post.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrea DeVito sir, that's the name found in the text. It wouldn't do you any help anyway because it seems you didn't read the post.

I read, but text was kinda ambiguous and problably I didn't take it very serious.

De Vito is on the bench of Cittadella in Serie B. Played 8 games all season.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
de sciglio should be abate's mentor.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I'm glad Abate is going to have to fight for his spot now. Or at least I hope it's going to be so.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
He progressed greatly I have to say.
I would like to see more of him.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I read, but text was kinda ambiguous and problably I didn't take it very serious.

De Vito is on the bench of Cittadella in Serie B. Played 8 games all season.

I hope all works well for him. I like him, especially his attitude. Still remember his tackle against Novara. I didn't watch the last Milan game and all the highlights only have the goals. I'd like to see De Sciglio's tackle everyone's talking about