Week 27: Milan vs Inter - 04/04/2018 - 18:30 CET

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The commentator during the juve game mentioned that juve not pressing against milan could be a strategy as the stats suggest we fail to score against teams that sit deep, which happened when many bottom table teams visited us at home. Thinking about it, he had a point. We are good at counters, but not so in breaking the defense open.

This game is at home vs inter. It would be really helpful if inter come with an attacking mindset :)

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's win or die game
Every last one of milan players should spit blood for 90 mins
Loosing is not an option!!!
FORZA MILAN!

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I think they will destroy us 4-1 and end the slight CL qualification chance we have

Why? Because we lost to a team that hadn’t conceded in the league for 959 minutes before our capitano leveled the score? We actually were the superior team for the majority of the game against the 6 times defending league champions - who’ve been in 2 of the last 3 chl finals. No, you’re right - there’s no hope against Inter.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a 4-1 loss, but i see us losing this one smh.

Come on man, you're better than this.

I am still somewhat optimistic of our chances for CL.

We beat Inter, and we're 5 points off 4th. Inter still have to travel to Bergamo to play Atalanta, and they still have Juve and Lazio to go. And Inter's final game of the season is against Lazio, which bodes well for those of you who celebrate May 5. ;)

Who among us thought Inter would drop the points they have? Our only tough games after the derby are really Atalanta and Napoli, and the latter is wobbling.

My only concern is the mental aspect. A loss like yesterday's can screw with your head. This is where Gattuso will be key. We absolutely have to win Wed.

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

We beat Inter, and we're 5 points off 4th. Inter still have to travel to Bergamo to play Atalanta, and they still have Juve and Lazio to go. And Inter's final game of the season is against Lazio, which bodes well for those of you who celebrate May 5. ;)

Who among us thought Inter would drop the points they have? Our only tough games after the derby are really Atalanta and Napoli, and the latter is wobbling.

My only concern is the mental aspect. A loss like yesterday's can screw with your head. This is where Gattuso will be key. We absolutely have to win Wed.

It's a must win and there is little time to prepare. Inter's key players have returned to form at the wrong time for us. The mental aspect is everything this week. If we beat them the CL door is still open, we lose and it's likely a 7th place finish this season. That's the margins.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
It's a must win and there is little time to prepare. Inter's key players have returned to form at the wrong time for us. The mental aspect is everything this week. If we beat them the CL door is still open, we lose and it's likely a 7th place finish this season. That's the margins.

Fuck off is 7th place likely.

"If we win, there's a slim chance we finish 4th. If we lose, it's highly likely we finish 7th"

Just utter nonsense.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score

i think beat roma is easier than inter, they still have to play CL, i can see they drop points in the next 3 rounds

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Fuck off is 7th place likely.

"If we win, there's a slim chance we finish 4th. If we lose, it's highly likely we finish 7th"

Just utter nonsense.

Atalanta are 3pts behind us in 7th and have already beat us at home. We play them away. Look at the table and think about what a defeat to Inter would do for morale. The CL door closes with defeat on Wednesday. That's the reality.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Atalanta are 3pts behind us in 7th and have already beat us at home. We play them away. Look at the table and think about what a defeat to Inter would do for morale. The CL door closes with defeat on Wednesday. That's the reality.

this derby will determine our CL's fate, anything less than 3 pts and its over

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Agree.

Though the pressure is on us and not inter. In reality they would also be okay with a draw.

It’s going to be interesting to see where we are mentally. If we have to be honest with ourselves we haven’t been good ever since that loss to arsenal at san siro, so we would have to play a perfect match if we want to beat inter. Well see if we can pull it.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Taken from merda forum

29572634_1739756866111736_5822178233789984544_n.jpg

UCL spot is attainable.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I want to see us give Benevento a good whipping. Oh, and Sassuolo too.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Taken from merda forum

UCL spot is attainable.

nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i would say we still have about 5% even if we lose the derby

Roma are likely drop pts agaisnt Fio, Lazio, Jube and still have to play meaningless CL
Merda are likely pts agaisnt Atalanta, Jube and Lazio
Lazio are likely pts agaisnt Roma, Fio, Atalanta, Inter and still have to play meaningless EL, i hope they stupid enough to try to win both goals
Atleast 2 of them will crumble i think it will be for sure lazio, and 1 of roma and merda also.

Our are not really hard except Napoli, but we have to win all games tho.

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i would say we still have about 5% even if we lose the derby

Roma are likely drop pts agaisnt Fio, Lazio, Jube and still have to play meaningless CL
Merda are likely pts agaisnt Atalanta, Jube and Lazio
Lazio are likely pts agaisnt Roma, Fio, Atalanta, Inter and still have to play meaningless EL, i hope they stupid enough to try to win both goals
Atleast 2 of them will crumble i think it will be for sure lazio, and 1 of roma and merda also.

Our are not really hard except Napoli, but we have to win all games tho.

Can't say that.. would these teams drawing help us more ?
The race for 4th is quite tough imo.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Can't say that.. would these teams drawing help us more ?
The race for 4th is quite tough imo.

they have to face each others which is really good for us, we have to beat 2 teams and very likely are roma and lazio because they are struggling atm and have to play those dumb europe games
i would say we have 40-50% to get top 4 if we can win against inter
if we lose then its about only 5-10%
no chances anymore if we lose both napoli and inter

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Win this one and we are back in the race. Kind of.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Win this and its games on for 4th. Anything less than a win and it makes it near on impossible.

Forza Milan!

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Taken from merda forum

UCL spot is attainable.

We have a good schedule and other teams have to play each other + juve.

Anyway out of 9 games we have to win 7 or collect around 20+ points to have even chance.
Even with euro games we aint catching roma imo, they ll get 10+ points in rest of games. They might be in bad form but 8 games in enough to get their shit together.
That leaves lazio and printer. If we lose to printer its over sadly.

But try untill very end. Imagine scenario on last day lazio and inter draw and we overtake them :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If Kalinic starts then I really have no idea.

It'd make more sense for us to play Niang. Yes, while he's registered for Torino and would forfeit us the game.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
https://twitter.com/MilanEye/status/980790032683425792

@MilanEye

Probable lineup vs. Inter (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessié, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Kalinic, Çalhanoglu

[Sky]

nahhhh

I would rather someone pointing a gun to my head than that motherfucker start for us in the derby.

He guarantee us no goal while increase opposition chance to score :fp:

Schedule