Patrick Cutrone Thread

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I love this club... can I be in the squad? If no, then same shud apply to Patrick... we're both worthless as pro footballers.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Happy belated birthday to our Patrick.

Anyone with 27 goals for the club before his 21st birthday deserves a chance to come back. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Love this kid. Dropped again at Wolves for an FA Cup match. Wasted even there :(

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Love this kid. Dropped again at Wolves for an FA Cup match. Wasted even there :(

Rumours are he's gonna leave, so I guess Nuno doesn't need to include him anymore

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Clearly wasn't the shittest we had but was the one who could bring the value.

Unfortunate that we sold him, hopefully he comes great and returns one day.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He returned from Fiorentina loan, not playing much there. Wolves then shipped him to a struggling Valencia (since their owner is a donkey) on loan for the rest of the season.

uJ9uwK7_

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
He returned from Fiorentina loan, not playing much there. Wolves then shipped him to a struggling Valencia (since their owner is a donkey) on loan for the rest of the season.

uJ9uwK7_

Could easily be part of our squad.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Reminds me a bit of Paloschi's career although Patrick's clubs are more glamorous overall so far. Hope he gains experience from Valencia that can help him make the next leap in his career.

When Paloschi showed early promise I often wondered if he could have been something had he stayed at his childhood club. Neither he nor Patrick are Aubameyang-type losses, but I still admire Cutrone's passion for the club. Patrick could still have some Petagna level success in the future.

It's amazing though what Maldini and co. have done with the current team - makes it easier not to be haunted by "what might have been" scenarios that nagged at me for more than a decade.

Will always wish Cutrone well though. :heart::heart:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Loved his passion but extremely limited player.

He should honestly go to a smaller club in Italy. Being benched by more of these upper mid clubs will not help his value or confidence.

From a Milan fans perspective, I am extremely happy we got money for him before other teams found out how limited he is

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He hasn't been the same since Piatek's arrival.

Big part of his performances were him riding his wave of confidence.

That's why I think bouncing around these clubs on loan will detriment his development more.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Big part of his performances were him riding his wave of confidence.

That's why I think bouncing around these clubs on loan will detriment his development more.

Patrick Cutrone begins his Valencia experience on loan from Wolves and insists ?the real Cutrone is the one who scored 18 goals for Milan.?

The centre-forward shot to fame as a product of the Rossoneri youth academy and was sold to raise funds, but struggled at Wolverhampton Wanderers and on loan at Fiorentina.

He interrupted that spell six months early and switched over to Valencia and La Liga instead.

?It?s my goal [to stay at Valencia]. I want to do well on the pitch to be able to stay, that?s what I want,? Cutrone told Diario AS, as reported by Football-Espana.net.

?As soon as I heard about their interest, I said yes. Nuno also spoke to me about how great the club is, and I know the importance of Valencia. I?ll give everything to stay here.

?The most important thing for a forward is to have continuity on the pitch, and for the last two years, much to my regret, I haven?t had it. Luckily I?m young and I can improve a lot. I know that the real Cutrone is the one who scored 18 goals for Milan, and I?m going to prove it.

?I need to feel confident in order to give my best, as Vincenzo Montella and Gennaro Gattuso bet on me when I came up from the youth academy, which gave me such self-belief at that moment.?

Spot on Curupira - the man himself even said it.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Patrick Cutrone admits he is ‘not getting the playing time’ he wants at club level, but his two goals for Italy in the European Under-21 Championship show what he can do.

The former Milan striker took centre stage this evening in a 4-0 win over Slovenia, scoring twice and seeing a penalty saved, as well as several other chances to complete his hat-trick.

This is remarkable considering there were question marks over his match fitness, yet he started all three group games.

“It’s true that I hadn’t started for a long time, so it wasn’t easy, but I always trained to the max and wanted to be ready when my chance came,” he told RAI Sport.

“We couldn’t underestimate Slovenia, as we knew that it could go very wrong if we did that. The team reacted well to the pressure we were under, we gave our best and I am proud to be captain of this team. It is an honour for me.”

Cutrone needed a confidence booster after failing to get playing time at Wolves, then on loan at Fiorentina and now Valencia.

“My season hasn’t been lucky as unfortunately I’m not getting the playing time I want, but I will always give my best, because this is the best sport in the world and I know my moment will come.

“I thank the coach, as he always believes in me, puts his faith in me and that means a great deal. I am convinced this is a great team and we can go far.”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Patrick Cutrone admits he is ?not getting the playing time? he wants at club level, but his two goals for Italy in the European Under-21 Championship show what he can do.

The former Milan striker took centre stage this evening in a 4-0 win over Slovenia, scoring twice and seeing a penalty saved, as well as several other chances to complete his hat-trick.

This is remarkable considering there were question marks over his match fitness, yet he started all three group games.

?It?s true that I hadn?t started for a long time, so it wasn?t easy, but I always trained to the max and wanted to be ready when my chance came,? he told RAI Sport.

?We couldn?t underestimate Slovenia, as we knew that it could go very wrong if we did that. The team reacted well to the pressure we were under, we gave our best and I am proud to be captain of this team. It is an honour for me.?

Cutrone needed a confidence booster after failing to get playing time at Wolves, then on loan at Fiorentina and now Valencia.

?My season hasn?t been lucky as unfortunately I?m not getting the playing time I want, but I will always give my best, because this is the best sport in the world and I know my moment will come.

?I thank the coach, as he always believes in me, puts his faith in me and that means a great deal. I am convinced this is a great team and we can go far.?

aba.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
funny how things don't change

Do you expect it to change? This is valid for any player, especially the young ones.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Do you expect it to change? This is valid for any player, especially the young ones.

yes, player who has been in three separate leagues and still haven't found his place shows a weak character or lack of skills. It's not like he only played here and we can blame the pressure from fans\ toxic club mentality.

A player, especially a young one, should have an inner drive to succeed and grow constantly, that's what separates your one hit wonders like Cutrone and successful youth prospects like Aubameyang

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yes, player who has been in three separate leagues and still haven't found his place shows a weak character or lack of skills. It's not like he only played here and we can blame the pressure from fans\ toxic club mentality.

A player, especially a young one, should have an inner drive to succeed and grow constantly, that's what separates your one hit wonders like Cutrone and successful youth prospects like Aubameyang

wasn't Auba in a similar spot at this age?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
no.

Cutrone is 23, he managed to score 0 goals this season on 3 separate leagues.

Aubameyang at 23 (and before) has netted double digits for St. Ettiene. Also, has managed to continually grow both end product wise and mentally, and has succeeded in providing consecutive successful seasons both in different clubs and leagues.