Michael Essien Thread

How long before Essien starts performing and much adoration happens in this thread?

• February

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • March

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • April

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • May

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Never. Not a clever signing at all.

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
When I read that he sleeps 16 hours a day I wanted him gone.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Essien had one good game. Udinese at home this season. Grazie for that I guess

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Michael Essien could be headed for Thailand, according to reports.

GHANAsoccernet.com reports that the former Chelsea star is set to join Thai powerhouse Muangthong United.

The 33-year-old Ghanaian midfielder was close to joining A-League club Melbourne Victory recently but the potential deal fell over and he could now be on his way to Nonthaburi - one of Thailand's central provinces.

It is believed that Essien has agreed personal terms with four-time Thai League winners Muangthong and a deal is set to be concluded by Thursday.

Essien, who won two Premier League titles, the Champions League, four FA Cups and cone League Cup with Chelsea, has also played for such clubs as Bastia and Lyon in France, Real Madrid in Spain, AC Milan in Italy and Panathinaikos in Greece.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
When I read that he sleeps 16 hours a day I wanted him gone.

for real? must be nice

i remember reading that Fabio sleeps 12 hours a day. i guess growing/maintaining long hair requires extra sleep

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Very shocking indeed. Persib Bandung is one of the most supported club in the country but getting Essien is indeed a real coup. Will try to make my way to Bandung (2 hours drive from Jakarta the capital) to get something signed by him.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Very shocking indeed. Persib Bandung is one of the most supported club in the country but getting Essien is indeed a real coup. Will try to make my way to Bandung (2 hours drive from Jakarta the capital) to get something signed by him.

You are my hero.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary

so Muntari>essien :lol: