Reaction score
started

now
tumblr_ouvym6JMhY1rcg6fwo1_500.gif

tumblr_ouvym6JMhY1rcg6fwo2_500.gif

http://december-nimbus.tumblr.com/post/164331227117
+
http://december-nimbus.tumblr.com/post/164331785737
"Orson, why are you smashing all those beetles?" He gave me an answer. "Smash the beetles! Smash them! Kun kun kun!"

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I saw him making mistakes here n there.
I think its fitness related.
With that said , he is no Nesta & we need to field a defense of three to totally benefit from his goods.

He's obviously nothing like Nesta. He's more comfortable on the ball than Nesta. He's less skilled in defensive positioning than Nesta. He's a very different player. But he's also the best defender in modern football.

I dont see any problem with Bonucci in a 4-4-2 variation. Musacchio seems rock solid so far, the kind of old-fashioned skirmisher who would compliment Bonucci very well. Can't wait to see them together.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He's obviously nothing like Nesta. He's more comfortable on the ball than Nesta. He's less skilled in defensive positioning than Nesta. He's a very different player. But he's also the best defender in modern football.

I dont see any problem with Bonucci in a 4-4-2 variation. Musacchio seems rock solid so far, the kind of old-fashioned skirmisher who would compliment Bonucci very well. Can't wait to see them together.

sergio ramos

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
sergio ramos

Ramos is only considered better because of his offensive contribution

He's not better defensively

Bonucci

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't know but I've never seen such an obvious leader before. So impressed.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah Sergio is second.

nope, undisputed #1

Bonucci has been a part of quite a few embarrassing losses at the biggest stage for me to consider him #1

Last edited:

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
well I think it is unfair to judge him based on that.
he was only "part of quite a few embarrassing losses at the biggest stage" because he played for Juventus.
now I don't think that if bonucci replaced ramos on real madrid then they would lose any single one of their titles would they? or suffer an embarrassing defeat

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
nope, undisputed #1

Bonucci has been a part of quite a few embarrassing losses at the biggest stage for me to consider him #1

Hardly his fault he played for serial European chokers while the other plays for the richest club in the world.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

I don't think he's more comfortable on the ball than Nesta.

Better at distributing/long passes...probably...

but no one is more comfortable in his own box under pressure than Nesta. Nobody is.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonucci is what we were missing for a while a TRUE BORN LEADER.

Now, like I said before best CB I have seen play is Nesta hands down, Second Baresi and third Billy or Paolo. Bonucci is not a slouch but nowhere near those 4.

Anyways who is the vice-captain?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
nope, undisputed #1

Exactly, Bonucci needs to learn from Ramos how to get players sent off for horrific dives in important matches

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I don't think he's more comfortable on the ball than Nesta.

Better at distributing/long passes...probably...

but no one is more comfortable in his own box under pressure than Nesta. Nobody is.

Strongly agree. Watching Nesta under pressure was consistently amazing. He was something else.

Bonucci is an extremely talented passer, and his long balls out of the back are next level, and will add a lot to our team.

A back three of Bonucci, Romagnoli, and Musacchio will give us a huge edge from a possession/attacking standpoint against most teams.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
No way in hell is Ramos better than Maldini or Nesta. That was a whole different caliber that is now long gone.

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
No way in hell is Ramos better than Maldini or Nesta. That was a whole different caliber that is now long gone.

Who said Ramos is better than Maldini or Nesta?

I thought the argument is who is the best defender of the modern (current) generation.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Who said Ramos is better than Maldini or Nesta?

I thought the argument is who is the best defender of the modern (current) generation.

the phrasing was "modern football" Maldini and Nesta were part of modern football.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Wasn't very good, hope that' not for long

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Had 1-2 errors when defending, I'm sure he will get use to 4 man defense in about after 10 matches.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@OptaPaolo 18m18 minutes ago
116 - Leonardo #Bonucci made the most touches (116) in the first Serie A matchday. Leader. #CrotoneMilan

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Had 1-2 errors when defending, I'm sure he will get use to 4 man defense in about after 10 matches.

he already had plenty of games with a 4 man defense, he just needs to step up his current form, quit with the poor man's Al Pacino talks and focus on actual playing.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonucci and Musacchio had the most passes completed in Serie A this round. 90% of those passes were to each other though :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Bonucci and Musacchio had the most passes completed in Serie A this round. 90% of those passes were to each other though :lol:

And my hand was in my pants the entire time.... :devilcon:

Schedule