FC BARCELONA vs AC MILAN in CL

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Ok, so you don't like him, but you don't think he deserves any credit at all? Pfft.

Actually it wasn't an argument, just a general point I wanted to bring up. But it can be an argument. You look at black players when they get racially abused when they play in the former Soviet Union or whatever, it brings them down. Don't you think that throwing items at players is a violent conduct and also brings them down?

Yes it does, (not a case too often thou), but that wasn't a HUGE factor of this game, Sheva was the only one who they almost hit with some kind of objects.

Yeah and so have Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Giuly, Deco... we took our chances at home and Barca took theirs at Nou Camp.

Barca was playing to win at G.M and they hited two posts,
They deserved a point in Milano, 'cause they created equal number of opportunitys for the goal as we did!

Geez, that's deep. Wait, was that a joke? :tongue: You'd prefer to loose 4-0 to 2-1? Well, we lost 2-1 but we scored an away goal which incase of a tie-breaker (if it was ever to come to this, highly unlikely) we would have the advantage over Barca. It's 2-2 on aggregate with us scoring an away goal. Also, however hard the effort is in a match, it is results taken into calculation.

Yes I would with coming to the game with winning adittude and desire to play football I WOULD. That didint happened 2night, they didnt wanna play football! Soccer expert on ESPN2 is right, Milan simply destroyed a match that was supposed to be a spectacular one.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
1. Yes it does, (not a case too often thou), but that wasn't a HUGE factor of this game, Sheva was the only one who they almost hit with some kind of objects.

2. Barca was playing to win at G.M and they hited two posts,
They deserved a point in Milano, 'cause they created equal number of opportunitys for the goal as we did!

3. Yes I would with coming to the game with winning adittude and desire to play football I WOULD. That didint happened 2night, they didnt wanna play football! Soccer expert on ESPN2 is right, Milan simply destroyed a match that was supposed to be a spectacular one.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Passion for *9* said:
Another striker doesn't serve us at all when our midfield comes up with... NOTHING. Also, keep in mind that our remaining options, out-of-form JDT + CrapCrespo, would have added further embarrassment, but no goals.

I don't know Passion, do you think playing Rui Costa would have been a better option. Afterall we lacked creativity and Serginho was being caught up in play every too often. :conf:

Or even maybe Brocchi who has been impressive to help us defensively against those consistant Barca attacks. :(

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UPS MY BAD I POSTED IT TWICE tsk tsk !

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
1. Yes it does, (not a case too often thou), but that wasn't a HUGE factor of this game, Sheva was the only one who they almost hit with some kind of objects.

2. Barca was playing to win at G.M and they hited two posts,

3. Yes I would with coming to the game with winning adittude and desire to play football I WOULD. That didint happened 2night, they didnt wanna play football! Soccer expert on ESPN2 is right, Milan simply destroyed a match that was supposed to be a spectacular one.

Well when Barca played in Milano, both teams had equal number of points and there wasn't much to loose for any team. When we played in Barca, we tried to protect our 3 point lead knowing that Barca are going to throw everything including a kitchen sink at us if they could. It was mind games.

Your opinion differs, but maybe if both of the opinions were mixed, it would have lead to a better result. ;)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There is no such an excuse for tonights perfomance, either we needed three points or no points, you gotta at least do something.
We don't want our players to get a loosing adittude in every "Uninmportant" game! It's simply not something big team like Milan should do!
You are ok with this, but I'm not! 90% of ppl here would agree with me on this one, if you're a professional you gotta play like that, it's just awful too see them not puttin any effort to do something, to create anything, it's sad.
That aslo shows the additude of a player.
He is just hilarious, take a look at this!
We were playing against a great side on its home turf and should be satisfied with our performance. If there was a game we had to lose, I'd rather it was this one. At least it means we’ll be able to celebrate our qualification along with the home fans.”

I could laugh all day!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
There is no such an excuse for tonights perfomance, either we needed three points or no points, you gotta at least do something.
We don't want our players to get a loosing adittude in every "Uninmportant" game! It's simply not something big team like Milan should do!
You are ok with this, but I'm not! 90% of ppl here would agree with me on this one, if you're a professional you gotta play like that, it's just awful too see them not puttin any effort to do something, to create anything, it's sad.
That aslo shows the additude of a player.
He is just hilarious, take a look at this!
We were playing against a great side on its home turf and should be satisfied with our performance. If there was a game we had to lose, I'd rather it was this one. At least it means we’ll be able to celebrate our qualification along with the home fans.”

I could laugh all day!

Yugoslavian, look if we had 1 point it would have been a great result. We would have the 3 point advantage over Barca and then would have to play 2 relatively easier games against Shakhtar and Celtic. In other words we would be nearly in the next round coming out as winners of this group.

Home team usually dictates the flow of the game. It is what happens most of the time when 2 evenly matched sides play.

The quote you posted:

That's the spirit of the team, even when we loose we don't give in.
Who said ths by the way?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
~Biski Biskit~ said:
I don't know Passion, do you think playing Rui Costa would have been a better option. Afterall we lacked creativity and Serginho was being caught up in play every too often.
Or even maybe Brocchi who has been impressive to help us defensively against those consistant Barca attacks.

If I knew the recipes for guaranteed wins + the rare *graceful* defeat I'd apply for Ancelotti's job :D I'm not sure if Rui would have helped us that much, but I generally dislike a Gattuso-Ambro combo in midfield, especially against a technically skillful team when you want to keep possession + turn possession into sth productive. Kaka' looked lost out there too, so yes, maybe some creative support there would have made a difference. Brocchi... hm... how about Dhorasso ? ;) You see, I wouldn't want to be in Ancelotti's place. It's sooo damn easy to make judgments from outside + with hindsight...

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Yugoslavian, look if we had 1 point it would have been a great result. We would have the 3 point advantage over Barca and then would have to play 2 relatively easier games against Shakhtar and Celtic. In other words we would be nearly in the next round coming out as winners of this group.

Home team usually dictates the flow of the game. It is what happens most of the time when 2 evenly matched sides play.

The quote you posted:

That's the spirit of the team, even when we loose we don't give in.
Who said ths by the way?

I'm aware of that, but our perfomance + adittude + willnes to play the game was not there, that's my point!
Mr.SmartA** coach said it, I'm still LOL

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Dissapointment, i thought after Sheva scored perhaps Milan may have done again what they did at the San Siro but Milan didnt get lucky this time, Barca scored twice instead of hitting the post twice.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
I agree with YUGOSLAVIAN,i don't like the kind of playing football from Mr. Ancelotti,we need a more offensive play....

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well we played defensively on counter attack and this tactic results in us playing more defensively to protect the point/lead we had so some people might think it was unwilingness but it's something that needs to be done in certain situations.

When and if we get a new striker in January it will be different. :)

''Gilla Gilla'' !!! :D

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I'm aware of that, but our perfomance + adittude + willnes to play the game was not there, that's my point!
Mr.SmartA** coach said it, I'm still LOL

P.S
That's why I said that I'd rather accept a loss of 4-0 then a 2-1 where we didn't show nothing at all! Unfortunetly you didn't get what I was trying to say.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Well we played defensively on counter attack and this tactic results in us playing more defensively to protect the point/lead we had so some people might think it was unwilingness but it's something that needs to be done in certain situations.

When and if we get a new striker in January it will be different. :)

''Gilla Gilla'' !!! :D

Even two Ronaldinho's couldn't help us tonight, it was just all wrong from the begining.
I do hope that Cappelo or maybe even Sachhi come to Milan, even if it's IMPOSSIBLE AT THE MOMENT! For a striker ?
RUUD VAN :D

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
If I knew the recipes for guaranteed wins + the rare *graceful* defeat I'd apply for Ancelotti's job :D I'm not sure if Rui would have helped us that much, but I generally dislike a Gattuso-Ambro combo in midfield, especially against a technically skillful team when you want to keep possession + turn possession into sth productive. Kaka' looked lost out there too, so yes, maybe some creative support there would have made a difference. Brocchi... hm... how about Dhorasso ? ;) You see, I wouldn't want to be in Ancelotti's place. It's sooo damn easy to make judgments from outside + with hindsight...

I asked your opinion because you always have a pleasing answer for everything. ;) :D

A night to forget :conf: , time to move on. :)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
17-und-4 said:
Please not RVN...

No worries, it won't happen. ;)

Speaking of a new striker, Ivan Klasnic has scored a hat-trick tonight for Werder against Anderlecht and that's his 5th goal in 2 games (both games being against Anderlecht). :tongue: He is still very young and comes from Croatia. :D

With Gila I'd be more happy because he has established himself in Italy. :)

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
I think Klasnic is not good enough for Milan.
The German league is not the Italian league....

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's a problem in Italy, not anyone could play in serie a, so there are pretty slim attackin' options to choose from, as for rest of the leagues, for exp Premier League, everyone fits there!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Ronaldinho is magic.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
17-und-4 said:

Klasnic is a great player but I doubt he is Milan quality

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
17-und-4 said:

Yeah, of course it's not as good as Italian league (although some might disagree :D ).

I don't think he is good enough as well to say the truth, but he has been scoring in Europe, for his country, and not only in Bundesliga. :)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
Ronaldinho is magic.

You want him so bad, I can see in your eyes ;)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Bundesliga is crap. I hate German football :mad:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
Bundesliga is crap. I hate German football :mad:

Me too, and French too!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
17-und-4 said:
...and Austrian too!!!

Hey, do you like Mario Tokic? He plays in Austria somewhere. :)

If we were to keep mentioning which leagues are crap, we would produce 50 pages of lists. :D

Good leagues: erm not so many. :eek:

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Barca will probably be dissaopinted wth a 2-1 win, considering they should have won 4-1..... Larsson missed a sitter and Eto'o had a few great chances.

WTF, i looked at CL standings, dont tey seperate teams on equal points by head to head record?????? Milan are second and they beat Barca 1-0 and lost 2-1 with the away goal so they should be top, or is that only in the Serie A. If thats the case, thats a huge loss, Milan will now have to feild their strongest line-up against Celtic and Shakthar and will bring even more tiredness and harder to catch Juve who will beat Bayern tomrrow and qualify.

Big loss,,,,anyway move on to Roma - lets not fall apart.