The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Can we wait until the end of the year please. Roma has played in the worst Milan sides of recent history.

We will see how he goes in a well organised side that has confidence . He could be the best CB in the world by the end of the year. He has the talent. Let's wait and see.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NBA_Bubble

I dont intensely follow NBA, just had updates but not on the details.
But i just heard about this NBA bubble concept and i honestly believe NBA is taking their Player's health and wellbeing seriously

Unlike most of Football federations, who continuously put their atheled at risk. Add with this UEFA nations league:fp::fp:

it's feckin stoopid

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NBA_Bubble

I dont intensely follow NBA, just had updates but not on the details.
But i just heard about this NBA bubble concept and i honestly believe NBA is taking their Player's health and wellbeing seriously

Unlike most of Football federations, who continuously put their atheled at risk. Add with this UEFA nations league:fp::fp:

it's feckin stoopid

The NBA did an amazing job since they got 0 positive cases.

However, the bubble was easier to implement for them since it only dealt with 22 teams (and then 16 for the playoffs).

Trying to implement a bubble for UEFA would be hard since there's too many teams both for the league and international tournaments.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
The NBA did an amazing job since they got 0 positive cases.

However, the bubble was easier to implement for them since it only dealt with 22 teams (and then 16 for the playoffs).

Trying to implement a bubble for UEFA would be hard since there's too many teams both for the league and international tournaments.

The local competition has already put many players at risk
Since no-one is under strict monitoring.

add with silly nations league, the risk got exponentially higher.

Now it's taking a toll on their best player (Ronaldo). meh.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Rugani gets paid 3m a year by Juve. Ranocchia gets 2.4m from Inter.

Sule gets 10m. Boateng 12m.

Yeah, Romagnoli at 3.5m is not bad at all and no where close to top 15 highest paid CB in the world. So stop it.

Roma at 7 mil and Sule at 10 pre-tax pretty much circles the point. He's being paid close to guys who are treble winners without even qualifying for the competition.

Oh btw if anyone thinks 8 cbs is an exaggeration it was actually an underestimation:

Bayern's cbs:

Alaba
Hernandez
Pavard
Sule
Kimmich
Martinez
Boateng

Leipzig:
Upamecano
Klostermann
Halstenberg

All better than our Ale. :love: The latter 3 earn less than Romaguire and they reached a champions league semifinal.

We don't need him, his salary and his agent on our books.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
De vrij > capitano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Yep I understand now. Giroud is better than Messi because he won a world cup. Makes sense if your an idiot.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Checked Wikipedia.

Romagnoli Honours:

Club
Milan
Supercoppa Italiana: 2016

End of page

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Goodfella, that's cool, but you're still wrong. Sule got paid 10m (before tax) which is still 5m after tax (in Italy) so... A young, good CB got paid more at Bayern than someone like Romagnoli. So... You're wrong.

Romagnoli's 3.5m now is below average for a player of his quality. If Manolas gets 4m at Napoli, if I'm Romagnoli, I'd want to get 5m myself. Prices go up. Kirk Cousins was overpaid when he signed his contract (and still is, lol) but relative to other quarterbacks, his salary isn't bad. It might have been more than most CBs, but, it still wasn't close to EPL defenders (who suck) or Bayern, since, y'know, you were wrong about Sule, like, by a lot.

As for as you, Mr. @Casualista, I get it. You love Germany. You are overrating the living shit out of Bayern's players. And when did Kimmich play as a CB? Fucking stop man. Boateng has been so bad that the slow-moving Frankenstein that is Sule looks better than him. Then you have the audacity to place Martinez on that list? Jesus Christ.

As far Upamecano, he's no different than De Ligt to me. He gets to play in a low pressure environment at RB, just like De Ligt did at Ajax. Wow, CL run, he must be great. Look at De Ligt now, he's absolute dogshit, especially considering what Juve paid for him and how much they pay him. Upamecano also gets to look good in a back three quite often for RB, so a lot of his faults get to be covered, just like Milenkovic.

It's also rich that all the Skirinar fanboys have stopped mentioning him, because he was dogshit when everyone was hyping him without watching, and you've shut your mouths because Twitter fans have shared enough clips of him getting skinned alive by Eintract Frankfurt to have people shut up about him. With Romagnoli people just show clips of him being in the general vicinity of a goal, and then jerk off to Kjaer, even though a lot of the goals that people put on Romagnoli, were actually Kjaer's fault.

Romagnoli isn't close to Nesta, the comparison is lazy and inaccurate, but he's a lot better than you guys are saying he is. He's one of the best defenders in Italy, no doubt. Defenders, across the world, suck. He's one of the best of these horrible defenders, that's all.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
The difference between Boateng and Rmagnoli is Boateng gets turned inside out by messi on a 1-on-1. Romagnoli gets turned inside out by Tomiyasu.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys, I’m excited that we play Inter this weekend and this bullshit international break is finally over. There were times when I welcomed international breaks because Milan was so bad.

Romagnoli is a good defender earning exactly the type of wages one would expect a good starting CB to earn at a club like Milan. If he comes back and shows clear improvement and growth, he will get 4.5M + bonuses and if not he will probably get something like 4.5 including bonuses.

You know, we have to keep in mind the number of systems Romagnoli has played in. He may benefit as much as anyone from a consistent system under Pioli.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I said this before and I'll say it again.
Boot out all Raiola clients and never work with him again. They're more trouble than they're worth.
And make it a rule that, if any already contracted players change their agent to Raiola, they get transfer listed immediately

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Romagnoli is being held to impossible standards in here, and constantly ridiculed for not being great. One could say it's understandable, given our history with Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, but it's still exaggerated and a disgusting treatment of one of our best players. The need to ridicule is obvious. He renewed his contract with us at a very hard time, something I personally thought was commendable and very much how I'd want my captain to act.

When Romagnoli makes a mistake people focus on that like it's all he's done, neglecting the tons of situations he wins, his stability on the field. Remember the Milan teams he's had in front of him, the midfielders he's had to cover for, the mediocre fullbacks and the lack of a stable partner beside him. Even with all those challenges around him he's still been one of our best performers in every single season he's been at Milan.

He still needs to improve, and I think he will alongside Kjaer this season. He deserves being shielded by a functioning team like all the other names people jerk off to around her. I certainly support him, Raiola client or not. Forza Ale :star:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Guys, I?m excited that we play Inter this weekend and this bullshit international break is finally over. There were times when I welcomed international breaks because Milan was so bad.

Romagnoli is a good defender earning exactly the type of wages one would expect a good starting CB to earn at a club like Milan. If he comes back and shows clear improvement and growth, he will get 4.5M + bonuses and if not he will probably get something like 4.5 including bonuses.

You know, we have to keep in mind the number of systems Romagnoli has played in. He may benefit as much as anyone from a consistent system under Pioli.

Unless we finish in top 3 and do a respectable deep run in EL a salary of 4.5 is really steep. Otherwise his contract extension should be current salary and Milan's performance related bonuses.

I'm more than happy to wait until the end of season to assess whether he has stagnated because of playing in dysfunctional teams or whether he just hit his ceiling early. If he doesn't pick up his game this season then we should pull the plug on him.

We don't need to wait for him to turn into rugani for us to act.
=========

On a side note... Anyone comparing him with van Dijk and de ligt based on form while ignoring what made them so great over the last few seasons is the type of fanboyism that should be subjected to intense ridicule.

Last edited:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Romagnoli is being held to impossible standards in here, and constantly ridiculed for not being great. One could say it's understandable, given our history with Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, but it's still exaggerated and a disgusting treatment of one of our best players. The need to ridicule is obvious. He renewed his contract with us at a very hard time, something I personally thought was commendable and very much how I'd want my captain to act.

When Romagnoli makes a mistake people focus on that like it's all he's done, neglecting the tons of situations he wins, his stability on the field. Remember the Milan teams he's had in front of him, the midfielders he's had to cover for, the mediocre fullbacks and the lack of a stable partner beside him. Even with all those challenges around him he's still been one of our best performers in every single season he's been at Milan.

He still needs to improve, and I think he will alongside Kjaer this season. He deserves being shielded by a functioning team like all the other names people jerk off to around her. I certainly support him, Raiola client or not. Forza Ale :star:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

People forget he was a bright spark with a complete mess around him. Hes a very very talented defender.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
People hating on Romagnoli deserve to be stuck with two Duartes for CBs for life.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Roma's 3.5 mil euros was understandable since he was one of our best player and most consistent one with his performance and others also got similar wage like Biglia, Montolivo. Under Mirabelli and Leo 3,5 mil salary was not that much. The problem arises when our wage's structure has been improved (giving big contract only to special ones) and Romagnoli's form seems less convincing. In our new standard of salary Roma probably should earn 2-2,5 mil euros.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
International break really getting to you guys huh

A week+ of people shitting on Romagnoli and defending him :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
People talk about our wage bill as if it's now fully healthy and logical. It very much isn't with players coming into their own(with a legitimate claim on a raise) on top of it already being completely skewered by Donnarummas mammoth wage.

This worries me, I'm not sure how to solve it properly.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
People talk about our wage bill as if it's now fully healthy and logical. It very much isn't with players coming into their own(with a legitimate claim on a raise) on top of it already being completely skewered by Donnarummas mammoth wage.

This worries me, I'm not sure how to solve it properly.

It'll make sense if we reach CL and those performers/renewals get reasonable raises. The issue is if we miss CL but those performers then demand large increases like 3.5-4m+ - that is when it'll be worrisome. Inflated wage bill again without the extra revenue.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I said this before and I'll say it again.
Boot out all Raiola clients and never work with him again. They're more trouble than they're worth.
And make it a rule that, if any already contracted players change their agent to Raiola, they get transfer listed immediately

I am so fed up with Raiola and his clients. Why should one man hold a club as historic as ours hostage? Sick of his stuff

He is Donnaruma?s client and that?s the only painful part of this. Otherwise I would support your hard stance to put an end to his drama

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
@Goodfella, that's cool, but you're still wrong. Sule got paid 10m (before tax) which is still 5m after tax (in Italy) so... A young, good CB got paid more at Bayern than someone like Romagnoli. So... You're wrong.

Romagnoli's 3.5m now is below average for a player of his quality. If Manolas gets 4m at Napoli, if I'm Romagnoli, I'd want to get 5m myself. Prices go up. Kirk Cousins was overpaid when he signed his contract (and still is, lol) but relative to other quarterbacks, his salary isn't bad. It might have been more than most CBs, but, it still wasn't close to EPL defenders (who suck) or Bayern, since, y'know, you were wrong about Sule, like, by a lot.

As for as you, Mr. @Casualista, I get it. You love Germany. You are overrating the living shit out of Bayern's players. And when did Kimmich play as a CB? Fucking stop man. Boateng has been so bad that the slow-moving Frankenstein that is Sule looks better than him. Then you have the audacity to place Martinez on that list? Jesus Christ.

As far Upamecano, he's no different than De Ligt to me. He gets to play in a low pressure environment at RB, just like De Ligt did at Ajax. Wow, CL run, he must be great. Look at De Ligt now, he's absolute dogshit, especially considering what Juve paid for him and how much they pay him. Upamecano also gets to look good in a back three quite often for RB, so a lot of his faults get to be covered, just like Milenkovic.

It's also rich that all the Skirinar fanboys have stopped mentioning him, because he was dogshit when everyone was hyping him without watching, and you've shut your mouths because Twitter fans have shared enough clips of him getting skinned alive by Eintract Frankfurt to have people shut up about him. With Romagnoli people just show clips of him being in the general vicinity of a goal, and then jerk off to Kjaer, even though a lot of the goals that people put on Romagnoli, were actually Kjaer's fault.

Romagnoli isn't close to Nesta, the comparison is lazy and inaccurate, but he's a lot better than you guys are saying he is. He's one of the best defenders in Italy, no doubt. Defenders, across the world, suck. He's one of the best of these horrible defenders, that's all.

Sule isn?t slow at all. He is quite fast.

Roma has a lot to prove to demand a pay raise. And I mean a lot. He struggles against pacy players, tricky players and physical players

That?s not good

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sule isn?t slow at all. He is quite fast.

Roma has a lot to prove to demand a pay raise. And I mean a lot. He struggles against pacy players, tricky players and physical players

That?s not good

Relax. He will be getting better with the growth of our game. Hopefully. :D

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What happened with the decision for the Bitch Napoli game? It was literally 10 days ago. These Italians are slower even that our politicians...

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
What happened with the decision for the Bitch Napoli game? It was literally 10 days ago. These Italians are slower even that our politicians...

The decision is due today. Ridiculously slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule