Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Has Cristiano Ronaldo even scored or assisted in Copa America?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Or he lost the ball easily trying to do what Maradona did at 0:42.

Messi needs to learn how to play from deep when he plays for Argentina.

No he wouldn't be. His performances in the world cup were mediocre.
Messi didn't get the ball anywhere near the area that Maradona started that run from.

Messi played really awkwardly today. He dropped back right next to the midfielder in possession (who often ignored him and played forward directly) and was harmlessly fouled away. He looked to me like he wanted to take it slow while the rest of the team wanted to get it forward asap (probably intimidated by Chile's intense pressure).

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I like Messi but he's not even the best in Argentina. Passarella and Maradona are ahead of him.

pls tell me more about how many passarella and maradona games you've seen.
---

I don't like Messi, not his playing style nor his personality. But he's already done enough to be considered GOAT, everything from now on is just bonus.

People in here talk about Maradona like every game he played was his best game ever. The fuck you guys know about Maradona anyway? :lol: he didn't have 10% of the consistency Messi and CR have.

Dislike them all you want, but they dwarf every other attacking player before them. I just hope we'll someday get to see someone better (and for my own sake, more entertaining to watch).

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
---

I don't like Messi, not his playing style nor his personality. But he's already done enough to be considered GOAT, everything from now on is just bonus.

People in here talk about Maradona like every game he played was his best game ever. The fuck you guys know about Maradona anyway? :lol: he didn't have 10% of the consistency Messi and CR have.

Dislike them all you want, but they dwarf every other attacking player before them. I just hope we'll someday get to see someone better (and for my own sake, more entertaining to watch).

Messi and Ronaldo don't perform consistently. Their numbers are just consistent.

Ronaldo put up crazy numbers in la liga last season but he was pathetic in many matches.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Please tell me about back in the days where all the great streams on the internet where available so that you could follow Maradona in Argentina, Spain and Italy.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
---

:thumbsup:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
He is great in Barca's model/system

Great players can adjust

He's not the greatest.

#realtalk.
R9 lost one foot, then another then another, then gained 5 bajillion lbs....and still scored and won a fucking World Cup with half his pace and without the full use of his right foot. Was the same player for Brazil, Barca, Inter and Madrid.

SHUSH!

It's all Higuain's fault....since Messi was so utterly exceptional himself :lol:
Yup....Higuain actually unscored some of Messi's goals :proud:
Argentina doesn't deserve messi
I approve of this level of groupieism
messiah in barca

messilly in argentina
indeed.

His fans will try to convince you that he's the same (godlike) player outside the loving arms of the Barcelona's support system though. Happy to see the TRUTH revealed
lel

Maradona you mean.

They can win without Messi. Messi pisses me off how he never steps up in the biggest matches for Argentina.
I wouldn't say "never"....but he's CLEARLY not the same player for Argentina no matter what the fangirls say.

didnt realize messi has to be best player in every ~75 matches he plays each year to be recognized as one of the best
Nope. Only the ones that count :o

He has to show up in the biggest matches.

Do you know how annoying it is to see him have that much talent and not decide the biggest matches for Argentina?
I'm not annoyed. As a Brazil fan, I'm pleased actually. :cool:

Poor Messi's career is reflecting Maldini's more and more every season :(

One club man winning everything... But soo unlucky internationally :cry:
luck
:monto:

And in conclusion......my avatar worked :o

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
. The fuck you guys know about Maradona anyway? :lol: he didn't have 10% of the consistency Messi and CR have.

Dislike them all you want, but they dwarf every other attacking player before them.

Zjwo4h.jpg

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
---

:star: :star:

And hopefully it is a milan player.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's right....nobody before (possibly excluding Pele himself) was as consistent as CR7/Messi....but to me that doesn't automatically translate into greatness.

I would also consider Shevchenko as more consistent than R9. But with all due respect to Sheva, R9 is a FAR superior player.

Maradonna, ZZ and R9 had games where the just farted away the 90 min........Those were usually the type of games that messi would have had a hattrick and CR7 would be fuming that the coach took him off after "only" scoring 4.

But guess who scored in the World Cup finals? ;)
11693825_1493494060690805_5612714098391933638_n.jpg

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messi didn't get the ball anywhere near the area that Maradona started that run from.

Messi played really awkwardly today. He dropped back right next to the midfielder in possession (who often ignored him and played forward directly) and was harmlessly fouled away. He looked to me like he wanted to take it slow while the rest of the team wanted to get it forward asap (probably intimidated by Chile's intense pressure).

They were right in trying to move it forward asap. You ponder too much and the Chile players have enough time to get back, regroup, and close spaces.

---

This is the argument you're going to use? :lol: How about I'm half Argentinian from my dad's side so my family might know a bit more about Argentinian players than you do and recorded a lot of games from those two in the 80's? Also of Francescoli as well.

MB you're supposed to be the guy who knows about defense. Clearly the defenses in today's era are nothing compared to the other eras. I can count world class CBs in one hand. Messi is no doubt a great player but the "top class" defenders are nothing compared to the ones that played a decade ago. I'm not surprised they reach high numbers in their league games and UCL games. That's why I'm not a stat whore as some people on here are.

Ronaldo disappears in big games and can't even dribble past players anymore. He poaches more than he runs past players. Messi has games where all he does is walk around the pitch and isn't able to make an impact.

Maradona played some fucking exceptional games and he had some bad games as well. But despite his coke binges he was able to pull consistently great performances over many seasons. The whole 10% consistency is bullshit.

I have a hard time believing they "dwarf" every attacking player before them. I'm not even that deluded and I'm a big Messi fan. I guess the media plays a big role in hyping them up as the best ever to sell their shirts.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
If scoring/winning a single world cup final game is the only definition of GOAT you know then Materazzi, Grosso and Cannavaro are the three greatest italian defenders of last 30 years.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's right....

But guess who scored in the World Cup finals? ;)
11693825_1493494060690805_5612714098391933638_n.jpg

7 ballon d'ors though :o

I'm not even going to mention the others that were better than these 2. R9 alone was far superior. End of discussion.

Onto the pic

Messi and Argentina... never mind the finals... his fanboys bring up his stats as Top Arg goalscorer (friendlies most of em.... even in those most of em have come against fodder?... whilst ignoring how he goes missing when it matters in the tournaments. ZERO goals now in at least 5 tournaments during the knockout phases i.e when the fodder has been whittled away.

giphy.gif

Serial choker... but all will be forgotten in a couple of months and the bandwagon will again resume trying to convince the world he's the bees knees :smileani:

MB you're supposed to be the guy who knows about defense.

hoj51mz20bnt3xf8xpr1.gif

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Imagine Messi had to put up with primes Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Canna, Thuram, Puyol, Hierro, Stam etc...They'd probably take the "i" out of his name :lol:

Modern Superstars in the World Cup:

-Rooney takes 3 World Cups to score one goal
-Messi wins Balon 'd Or but goes scoreless in 2010
-iBra completely scoreless and can't score vs :star:Trinidad and Tobago:star:
-CR7 goals/World Cup = 1 goal /tournament (3 goals/13 games)

But somehow, Messi and CR7 are better than ZZ, R10, R9 etc because they score a lot when they're playing in their superstar stacked teams:monto:

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If scoring/winning a single world cup final game is the only definition of GOAT you know then Materazzi, Grosso and Cannavaro are the three greatest italian defenders of last 30 years.

41vKt-UdaiL._SY355_.jpg

Dejan Savicevic

Primavera
Reaction score
#realtalk.
R9 lost one foot, then another then another, then gained 5 bajillion lbs....and still scored and won a fucking World Cup with half his pace and without the full use of his right foot. Was the same player for Brazil, Barca, Inter and Madrid

ah the over rating and over romantic story telling, at least get your facts right. Ronaldo was not a fat bugger in 2002. and he was not a same player he was for Barca and Inter, for Real Madrid not his fault, dude lost his pace and never was decisive for them in Europea. cups apart from that freak hattrick against MANU. it is okay if u think Messi is overrated by kids who think he is greatest ever. but you guys really overrate Ronaldo and Maradona.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
@leaf

I see that bait mode is on... And you wont bother making your arguments consistent. How can you anyway. If losing or winning a single tournament (not even one with most quality) was the only definition of greatness, the conversation on 99% of the pkayers would stop. Puskas, eusebio and di stefano wouldnt even be part of anyones conversation.

Continue.

=======

Did messi win another golden ball?

Oh btw ronaldo was quite rubbish for madrid after a point. Was benched for higuain or was it julio baptista. Or rvn..... I forget. Just leaving it there.

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Imagine Messi had to put up with primes Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Canna, Thuram, Puyol, Hierro, Stam etc...They'd probably take the "i" out of his name :lol:

Modern Superstars in the World Cup:

-Rooney takes 3 World Cups to score one goal
-Messi wins Balon 'd Or but goes scoreless in 2010
-iBra completely scoreless and can't score vs :star:Trinidad and Tobago:star:
-CR7 goals/World Cup = 1 goal /tournament (3 goals/13 games)

But somehow, Messi and CR7 are better than ZZ, R10, R9 etc because they score a lot when they're playing in their superstar stacked teams:monto:

I hear you.... and you did say Prime... but I gotta take Rooney out of that convo. He put 6 past a defence that contained Nesta. Zero Penalties. It's a pity he's English tbh. Plus out of all those you mentioned he plays out of position A LOT.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ah the over rating and over romantic story telling, at least get your facts right. Ronaldo was not a fat bugger in 2002. and he was not a same player he was for Barca and Inter, for Real Madrid not his fault, dude lost his pace and never was decisive for them in Europea. cups apart from that freak hattrick against MANU. it is okay if u think Messi is overrated by kids who think he is greatest ever. but you guys really overrate Ronaldo and Maradona.
Not me bro.....Maldini was the one that said they were the worst he ever faced.

@leaf

I see that bait mode is on... And you wont bother making your arguments consistent. How can you anyway. If losing or winning a single tournament (not even one with most quality) was the only definition of greatness, the conversation on 99% of the pkayers would stop. Puskas, eusebio and di stefano wouldnt even be part of anyones conversation.

Continue.

=======

Did messi win another golden ball?

Oh btw ronaldo was quite rubbish for madrid after a point. Was benched for higuain or was it julio baptista. Or rvn..... I forget. Just leaving it there.
R9 got benched by the coach who said that he was the best he ever trained.
Pity they never got along and R9 started putting on the pounds (supposedly a thyroid problem or too many cheeseburgers IDK)

Capello also benched ADP and a LOT of superstars.....don't mean shit.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People immediately remember Maradona performance in 86... It's indeed legendary. Probably the single bigges performance in a WC.

But if one look closer Diego not only didn't do very well in 82, 90 and 94 but he did a lot of shit. Lost PKs, got red carded, was caught in dopping...

But distance make his 86 performance shades the rest... People remember that and forget the rest. And this makes him a certain justice.

The same test of time will make justice to Messi and CR7.

People watch them from too close now so every mistake or defeat is a reason to downplay. But they will be a lot bigger as time passes. People will take their achievement as a whole and it's something extraordinary.

Since 2008, football is all about 2 players. And apparently it's going to be like that for a few more years, maybe complete a decade. People will remember them when looking back for this days. There's no similar thing in football.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sven fuck you and your wisdom :mad:
Always putting out the flames of groupie wars :head:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
i swear Argentina really brings out the worst in people. looking over social media, twitter etc. always sparking a pointless GOAT debate, who even cares, most are too young to having seen everyone for starters, & if i want to say Maldini is the greatest of all time, how the fuck do you disagree with me? how do you even compare an attacker to a defender for starters, everyone has there opinions on who they like, you aint changing them, biggest waste of time.

But yeah the legions of Leo Messi fanboys, who will blame everybody, probably even go as far as blaming the kitmen soon, always someone else's fault for Argentina failing, blame game

Schedule